Story Notes:
I don't own anybody in this story, but I do like to take them out and play with them occasionally. Feedback is always appreciated. Thanks and hope you like it.
Logan is a man whose actions speak louder than his words. He is caring with those he loves. He can even mind his manners, apologize for his mistakes, and doesn’t mind washing the dishes as long as he doesn’t have to cook. He’s more than manly enough to cry in public. Who’s going to make fun of him? And he dances as well as he fights and he… well you know the rest of that statement.

On the other hand, some his habits leave a lot to be desired. He’s been alone a long time. He smokes vile cigars, drinks too much beer, eats without the thought of a utensil, and prefers to sleep all day. He doesn’t own underwear and rarely bothers with socks. He’s as cantankerous as he wants to be. But most of all, he isn’t about to take guff from anybody!


It was late when Logan came out of the infirmary, and he was thinking. So Rogue had picked up some of his habits huh? That’ll be something to see. Grinning to himself, he wandered up to his room. The first thing he noticed was that his bed had been slept in. Sniffing the heavy scent of Marie, hmmm, she must have spent every night here for the last week. He did a quick look-around. Everything had been disturbed, and drawers and closets were ransacked and left open.

He went to the dresser to get his jeans and a t-shirt, the ones that Jean and Marie rudely called “wife-beaters”. His jeans were there, but they were unfolded and jammed into the drawer. But his shirts were just gone. He searched the floor, the laundry bin, the bathroom, all just gone. He looked to the closet with surprise, flannel shirts also gone, nothing but hangers.

“What the hell…”

He looked for his belt that should be hanging on the back of the door, gone. Nervously he looked in the bottom drawer for his cigars, gone. Beer in the bottom of the closet, gone, along with his special stash of bourbon and gin. Denim jacket and leather jacket, gone.

“DAMMIT.” That came out louder than he’d expected it to. Marie picking up his habits was nowhere near as funny as he’d expected.

Leaving the infirmary sweatshirt on and dragging on a pair of jeans, he tossed the sweatpants into a ball on the bedroom floor. He grabs his boots, which fortunately are still by the door and pulls them on. He stormed out of his room in search of that little thief.

Muttering to himself, he stalked down the hall, passing several well-wishers. Ignoring everybody, he continues his hike down the steps, heavy boots stomping. He moves so quickly that he almost leaves one of his untied boots behind.

“Marie, you no-good, little…” mutter, mutter, mutter, stomp, stomp, stomp.

All I wanted was a shower and a drink and a smoke, in that order, he thought to himself. Stupid kid, well maybe stupid me. I nearly got myself real and truly killed in saving her; this is the thanks I get.

He threw open the door to her room, her roommates jumped 3 feet in the air and each gave a little shriek.

“Where the hell is Rogue?” Damn that kid, he could see his leather jacket and clothes littering the floor near her bed. He couldn’t smell the beer or bourbon, but knew that it had been there with just a lingering smell left. And just where were his cigars?

The younger of the two girls, damned if he could remember her name, sputtered. “She isn’t here, ummm…” a pause “she went out again.”

“Again” Logan was as confused as he’d ever been and nearly as angry. “How often has she being going out?”

The words came running together as the other girl struggled to get it all out. “She’s been sneaking out the window, ever since, well every night for, well ever since she ran out of beer.” She looked like she was expecting Logan to kill her.

Growling low in his throat, he stormed out of the room. He’d meant to gather his clothes but was halfway back to his room before he thought of it. Turning the thought in his mind he was half tempted to go and sleep in her bed and await her return, but realized that she’d been sleeping in his bed.

“Must not have wanted to disturb her roommates when she came in.” Logan grumbled to himself. And just why hadn’t Jean or Cyke been paying attention to the kid running out every night. Granted anybody laid a hand on her was going to suffer and probably die, but that wasn’t the point.

He was almost to his room again when he heard the front door slam and some whispered shouting. He ran down the hall and again thumped his way down the stairs, all the way to the main floor this time.

Logan stopped dead at the bottom of the stairs. What he saw shocked him.

There stood Marie, cigar hanging out of the corner of her mouth, wearing his denim jacket over his favorite flannel shirt open showing one of his tanks underneath, his belt slung around her waist but dipping so the belt buckle was in a fairly provocative spot. She absolutely reeked of alcohol, but seemed to have no problem standing. The only things of hers were her high black boots, tights, and as short a skirt as anybody’d ever seen. She was also sporting a shiner that was just turning into a bruise.

The second shock was Cyclops, holding her by the arm and looking as pissed as the creep could.

“This is the second time this week, we wrote off the first time because of the incident…”

“You really are a dick.” Rolling her eyes and saying it so dispassionately that Logan nearly choked on his own tongue trying not to laugh.

The sound of his choking made them both turn and look at him.

“Well hiya fuzzy, glad to see you up and about.” Marie’s genuine pleasure at seeing him was something that gave him a strange sense of satisfaction; although the fuzzy comment was future fodder for an argument.

She wrenched free of Scott and threw herself into his chest. “Get me the fluck outa here will ya, before I do something to that stuck-up little ass that I shouldn’t.” she whispered into his neck. His arms went around her and he peered at Cyke over her head.

Giving Scott a look that said back off, Logan said “Got it covered, Scooter. Go on back to bed.”

“Logan, I don’t think this is a situation that…” Scott’s words were cut off when Rogue turned just her head and growled at him. It rumbled from deep in her chest and Logan’s eyebrow shot up almost to his hairline.

“Yeah, ummm, maybe that’s a good idea.” Scott stalked up the staircase, looking forward to going to bed and letting Logan deal with his mini-me. Marie had been nothing but a pain in the butt since they got back and he was happy not having to argue with her in the middle of the night.

“God, thank you Logan, I was so ready to just kick his ass. You have no idea how annoying he can be.” Releasing him, Marie turned her head side-to-side as she spoke, her neck cracking.

“Yeah, huh, kiddo. I think you might have been the one to scare him off.”

Marie smile was so feral that he was just a touch nervous.

Unfortunately for her, Logan remembered that he was angry. She had one of his favorite cigars and she had ransacked his room and drank his booze. Just the sour smell coming off of her was enough to make him mad.

“Let’s me and you go upstairs and talk.” Logan was outwardly calm, knowing he didn’t want to spook her before he could contain her.

“Screw that.” Marie’s eyes raked him up and down and scoffing look took over her face.

Astonishment ran through his entire brain. “Excuse me.”

“I said ‘screw that’. I had a nice night, but now I’m worn-out and I‘m going to bed. We can talk in the morning, if you still need to.” She started to walk up the stairs. “I’ll spend the night in my own bed, I suppose, since I guess you’re gonna be in yours.”

It took Logan a few seconds to process what the girl had said to him. He was standing motionless watching her walk up the steps and further from him. What finally broke his shock was watching Marie take an easy drag off his cigar, turn her head towards him and blow a perfect smoke ring.

He was moving before either of them knew it and grabbed her by the arm. He wasn’t too worried about leaving bruises either. This was going to have to stop. His brain kept telling him, she’s just a kid, she shouldn’t be this obnoxious. He missed the irony of the thought.

“Ow, Logan, let go of me.” She tried to get free of his grip but Logan was much stronger than Scott and he was more ready for her struggles.

What he wasn’t ready for was her knee striking his balls. She moved fast, faster than she should be able to. He let go of her with a grunt and went to his knees, both hands cradling his wounded parts.

“I told you, let me go, you damn fool.”

“DAMMIT TO HELL.” He bellowed.

Logan raised his face and Rogue shuddered in fear. In her Logan-muddled brain, she knew what she did. She pissed off one of the scariest men on the planet. Her first instinct was to run screaming, however he recovered much more quickly than she did.

Standing, he grabbed her arm again and dragged her up the steps, spitting and garbling the whole way up. He continued in an absolutely incoherent rant all the way to his door. Marie had no thought of resisting at all; she was just trying to come to terms with kneeing Logan there. So she allowed herself to be dragged, cigar still in hand, and thrown into his room.

Logan slammed the door and let out a crackling growl. He held out his hand and stared at the cigar. She handed it to him and backed away. She moved to the furthest wall, near the window and wondered if she would survive the three-story fall. It might be less traumatic, at least.

“Logan, I…”

“Don’t kid, just shut up for a minute.” He stood by the door, head down.

The Logan in Marie’s brain barked an answer to that, but Marie followed her own instincts and just shut up.

A few minutes passed, quiet minutes, no sound except for Logan’s labored breathing. Instant healing was one thing, but the pain stuck around for longer. She wasn’t sure if the breathing was him in pain or him trying to calm down, and actually both thoughts were correct.

Logan’s mind was going a mile a minute. ‘None of this is her fault, he’d promised to take care of her, and she was his responsibility, and look what happened to the poor kid. If he done his job properly, none of this would have taken place.’ Using his thoughts to put the blame on himself, thoughts that were starting to cool his anger, turning it into something easier. When he finally lifted his head and opened his eyes, the sight of her made him smirk. Kid was scared silly, but trying her hardest to look tough and cool.

“Okay, let’s start this again.”

“Logan, I’m so sorry, I don’t know…”

“Rogue, calm down, tell me what the hell’s been going on with you. First off, maybe explain that black-eye…”

The part of Marie’s brain that still contained the raging Logan threw itself to the forefront. “What the fuck do you think happened, fuzzy? I’m actually having some fun. Now can I have my cigar back? And as far as it matters, some stupid bitch thought her boyfriend was paying a bit too much attention to me. She got in my face, so I took matters into my own hands.”

Angry as he was, it was also slightly amusing. He nodded and quirked his mouth and wished to God that he’d taken better care of her.

She was starting to relax; he could see the tenseness in her muscles fading away. She looked pretty good in his clothes, a heck of a lot older than her 17 years. He could only imagine Scott, Jean, and Chuck’s reaction to this new and improved Rogue. Her name suited her better now than it did before.

“Now can I have that cigar back?” A pause followed by Rogue casting a glance around his room. “You don’t have any more booze hidden around here, do you? My buzz is fading.”

“Kid, if you are trying to upset me, you’ve fuckin’ succeeded. Now cut it out.” Logan’s anger was starting to make a re-appearance.

“Oh please, this ain’t nothing. You should have seen me that first night when I drank that whole bottle of bourbon. The fun I had that night… When I got back, I slept it off in your bed and nobody knew the difference.”

“What made you decide to ransack my room?”

“My clothes all suck. Yours are more comfortable.”

“So you take my stuff, drink my alcohol and smoked all my cigars.”

“Not all of them, although…”

“What?”

“Let me outa here and I’ll tell you where they are? I bet you just can’t wait for that first puff?” Marie actually made her voice as low and sultry as she could.

Could she actually be serious? If they were anywhere in the mansion or the grounds, he’d sniff them out, but damn, what in the hell were his characteristics doing to this kid.

His hands shook with fury, but he closed his eyes and continued. “Where have you been going at night?” The question was sneaky. Logan hated being lied to, despised it to the point of irrationality. Is there really a point in trying to mislead a man who could smell a lie? So why, he asked himself, are you setting her up like this. No way was she going to tell him the truth.

And he was right. At first she just gave him that feral smile, giving herself time to think. “Why do you ask?”

“Because I want to know, that’s why.”

“Why, honey, I was just out at the barn with a few friends.” Her scent changed, her heart was beating faster, but her voice stayed the same. Hmmm… not a complete lie, which was more alarming. Just who the hell was she in the barn with?

“Don’t lie to me kid, you won’t like what happens.” First off, she takes his stuff, tries to blackmail him and now, now she’s going to lie to him. Logan prepared for the inevitable. He thought to himself ‘Been wanting to do this since I found that scrawny urchin in my trailer.’

The girl turned her head away from him, and used her sultriest voice. “Come on, would I lie, Logan?”

“Dunno, but think it through. Where were you?” He flared his nostrils, scenting the smells of a roadside bar on her, dust, alcohol, cigarette smoke, and strangers. He could smell her arousal and the scent of half a dozen men but he could not smell the tang he was most worried about, at least. He took a few steps further into the room, closer to her. She was as close as he knew he’d get.

“You’re not my boss, Logan, I don’t gotta answer your stupid questions. Geez, you’re acting like Scooter-boy. So back the fuck off.” She took a few almost menacing steps towards him, stopping less than arms reach away.

Logan cracked his neck, closed his eyes against the rage and whispered. “Where were you, Rogue?”

“I told you, I was at the barn.”

“All the time you were out?”

“Yeah, Logan, all the time I was out.” Her tone was as sarcastic as he’d ever managed.

He snapped, but before Marie could even contemplate what was about to happen, he stomped into his bathroom and came out an instant later wearing a pair of latex gloves.

“What are you planning on doing, honey? If you can’t fight it, just fuck it…” She actually leered at him. “Ain’t that what I’ve heard you say?”

He moved so quick he wasn’t visible to the naked eye. Before Rogue had an inkling of what was happening, he’d picked her up and carried her to the chair in the corner. He sat down and flipped her over his knee, holding her there with one strong and immovable arm.

Rogue shrieked as loudly as could “Don’t you dare, you…” Whatever she was about to say was lost to her as she felt Logan’s free hand pull her skirt up over her back and tug down her tights. She felt air on her bare ass.

Thwack, Logan’s gloved hand landed on her backside hard enough to knock sense into her. Before she could speak, that metal hard and calloused hand struck again. Thwack. She couldn’t speak and he was holding her so hard, she couldn’t even struggle. Thwack, thwack, thwack, she had no way of keeping count and neither was sure which was louder, her screeching or the sound of Logan’s hand beating her butt. Rogue couldn’t remember the last time she was spanked but this, this was just awful.

He finally reached the end of his anger, pulled her tights back over her very red bottom, flipped the skirt down and stood her up in front of him. The look on his face said it all, utter satisfaction. It’s what every kid knows that has ever been spanked; that hurt her way more than it hurt him.

Hands rubbing her ass, Rogue looked at Logan with tear-stained cheeks, “I am so gonna get even with you someday. Just you remember that.”

And she stormed from his room, all dignity left behind.

Logan just grinned to himself, peeled off the gloves, lit up his half-smoked cigar and sat back. “Sure you will kid, sure you will.”

Down the hall, Jean and Scott smothered their laughter in the pillows. Jean was holding her sides as Scott spoke, “You owe me $10 bucks. I told you that even HE wouldn’t be able to tolerate her for long.”

“Damn, I thought he’d last longer than an hour.”

Scott, still chuckling, “Sounds to me like Rogue meant that last comment though, what the hell do you think is going to happen to Logan when she figures out a way to get even?”

“I don’t know, but I bet you it’ll be worth being there.”