Story Notes:
Y'all have probably forgotten this series, since I've been a slacker in the updating dept. So, here it is.
"Forgive me my nonsense, as I forgive those who think they talk sense."

-Robert Frost




"You can't sit there."

Ororo's eyebrow arched up, her eyes curiously sad as if she was expecting something.

"Why not?"

I gave her a look of exasperation. Couldn't she see Marie sitting there?

It's okay, Sugah, 'Ro can sit here.

I watched as she got up, exiting the chair, and crawled into my lap. Then I looked back up at Ororo.

"You can sit now." I gestured to the chair, and hugged Marie closer. "Marie moved for ya."

I watched 'Ro's eyes darken with pain. Just like very other time I mention her 'deceased' best friend.

"Where's Marie now?" She asked quietly.

She doesn't wanna see me, so she can't. You're the only one who really loves me, Logan, So you're the only who can see me.

I watched 'Ro's eyes grow murky, and I could see tears threatening to spill out. I thought at least she had accepted Marie and me by now, and discarded the insane Logan theory.

You're not insane!

I smiled, Marie never let me insult myself. She's always there for me.

"She's right here." I cupped Marie's chin, bringing her lips close, to softly graze mine. "Right darlin'?" I looked up into her beautiful eyes.

Yeah, Ahm always with you.

She leaned down, whispering sweetly into my ear.

Ahm yours forever...

Forever, I liked the sound of that.

I closed my eyes, breathing in deeply, trying to inhale her sweet, seductive fragrance.

I couldn't smell her anymore.

My eyelids popped open abruptly.

Marie was gone.

I jumped up, eyes frantically searching for her, then trailing over to where Jean sat.

Jean.

The woman who's tried to take my Marie away countless times since that day.

Marie says Jean's the only one that CAN take her away.

Jean and the professor.

The entire room had gone silent, so my stomping footsteps echoed through the room as I made my way over to the 'good' doctor.

"Where is she?"

Jean stared up at me, a small smile on her face. "Did she leave again Logan?"

Her eyes were malicious and cold.

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO HER?"

Her mouth widened, "me-I didn't do anything."

*SNIKT*

Three inches of sharp adamantium were shoved in her face.

"What-did-you-do-to-her?!"

Logan.....

The claws slid back in at the sound of Marie's whisper.

"Darlin' where are you?"

LOGAN....

I was petrified at the hysterical note in her voice.

"Where..where are you?" I spun in a circle, my eyes covering every inch of the room.

I couldn't find her.

They won't let me see you.......!

"Marie...darlin' please come back!"

I was oblivious to the pitying stares everyone gave me, too busy searching for Marie.

Logan, baby....they won't let me come back....

"MARIE!"

I collapsed on the floor, terrified.

Marie had never been away for so long.

I looked up when I felt a soft hand land on my shoulder.

I looked up into the eyes of Ororo.

They were so sad, full of pain and sorrow.

Then I looked over at Jean, her lips were curved in a smirk.

Logan, it's so dark.....help....

My eyes widened and filled to the brim with tears of pain.

God, she sounds so scared.

Then they were tears of hatred as the redhead's smirk grew an inch.

I sprung up, and grabbed the lovely doctors pretty, little throat.

"LET GO OF US!" My hands were a noose as I screamed at her. "LET GO NOW!"

"No..." she gasped, then her eyes rolled back in her head as she passed out.

Thank you....

I dropped her unmoving body to the floor, and turned towards Marie's cry of gratitude.

"Darlin', you can come back now, she's gone."

I laughed when I felt her hand smack my ass sharply.

Wanna go play?

I nodded, and embraced her before pulling away to entwine our hands.

Everyone watched sadly as the Wolverine left the room, holding hands with a ghost of his past.

Or so they thought.