Author's Chapter Notes:
"hard candy with a surprise center" is just so Logan isn't it? ;)
You're like an Indian summer
In the middle of winter
Like a hard candy
With a surprise center

He kissed my lips
I taste your mouth
He pulled me in
I was disgusted with myself

Cause when I'm with him
I am thinking of you
Thinking of you
What you would do if
You were the one
Who was spending the night



“Is something wrong?” Bobby asked, his baby face clouded with worry.

I hesitated.
Well...I kind of made out with my much older, unreliable, bad boy-ish best friend last night and it totally blew my mind. You seem kind of boring in comparison.

“I'm fine,” I said instead.

Bobby deserved the truth and I was going to work up enough courage to tell him what had happened. But right now...looking into his eyes, feeling his hand shyly squeeze mine through the glove and seeing how genuinely worried he was for me, I just couldn't say it.

If only I was with Logan right now. He'd be using his hands much more imaginatively...

I was so lost in thought that I didn't even notice Bobby's face creeping closer and closer to mine. He was just about to lay a soft kiss on my lips when I finally realized what was happening and forcefully pushed him away from me.

“Bobby!”

Oh shit. Like the idiot I was, I hadn't only pushed him away, I had somehow managed to throw him right off the bed.

While I bent down to see if he was all right, a thought flashed through my head.
I wouldn't have pushed Logan away. And he wouldn't have let me either.
I shuddered in want.

“Are you okay?” I finally asked, turning my attention back to the situation at hand, watching Bobby sitting on the floor, rubbing his head.

“I'm fine,” he repeated my words.
I hoped they weren't just as untrue as they had been from my mouth.