The way
You look at me
Is kinda like
A little sister
Rubbed
By your goodbyes
And it leaves me
Nothing but blisters

So I don't want to be
One of the boys
One of the guys
Just give me a chance
To prove to you tonight
That I just wanna be
One of the girls
Pretty in pearls
Not one of the boys

Over the summer
Something changed
I started reading 17
And shaving my legs
And I studied
Lolita religously
And I walked
Right into school
And caught you
Staring at me



Everything changed when Logan came back.

As usually, I was spending my Friday night with Kitty, Jubilee and several boxes of Ben+Jerry's. Bobby had left my room at 10 pm like a good boy and granted me some quality time with the girls.

“So, whatcha gonna do now?” Kitty asked, chewing on a particularly chewy piece of cookie dough from inside the ice-cream box.

“Yeah, the grumpy wolf of your dreams is back and you're already dating Prince Charming. Tough choice,” Jubilee said, trying to tease a reaction out of me.

“Well, I don't know. I really like Logan, you know. And I think he's changed his view of me...he's been gone for a long time and I'm not a kid anymore.”

“Judging by the dirty thoughts you're probably having right about now – you're definitely not.”

“But,” I threw in to save myself, “I'm with Bobby. And that's just how it's gonna be now...you know?”

My friends nodded in agreement. I wasn't gonna be that girl. I wasn't gonna cheat on my cutie patootie boyfriend with someone much older, much hotter, much more interesting who had (hopefully) finally realized I wasn't a kid...
...no way, right?!