Author's Chapter Notes:
“Even if you could find it in you, you wouldn’t be able to hurt me, Logan. I’d kill you before you even realized what the hell was going on. You don’t want that. Why don’t you go and find Jean and release some of this tension in her bed. I’m sure she’d like a nice rough fuck by now.”
The first thing Logan noticed upon walking into the gym and seeing them sitting on the bench against the far wall was her smile. It was the same smile he had missed throughout the years he had been away, the smile that had kept him going when things were becoming frustrating.

The next was the way her bare hand laid comfortably on Scott’s shirtless shoulder. No barriers, meaning that somewhere along the way, she learned how to control her mutation.

“We need to talk,” Logan said gruffly, eyeing her carefully.

“Getting a little redundant, aren’t we?” Rogue asked, rolling her eyes. “Go away, Logan. I have nothing to say to you.”

“No, but I need to say something,” Logan replied sternly. “Out, Scooter.”

“First of all, his name is Scott. What ever you have to say, you can do it in front of him.” Logan didn’t miss the way her hand seemed to tense on the other man’s shoulder, almost as if she was willing him to stay. “I tell him everything, anyway.”

“I’d rather not. I don’t think your lover would appreciate what I have to say.” Logan smirked, wondering how she was going to react to his comment. He expected some kind of anger, some kind of range. Something that showed that she still cared. He was sorely disappointed.

“What ever you got to say; say it,” Rogue replied bitterly, more than just a little annoyed by his behavior. A child could see that he was trying to bait her. She wouldn’t give him the satisfaction. “I’m not going to play your games.”

“Why didn’t you tell me what happened? Why didn’t you let me know what you had been through?” Logan asked softly, his shoulders slumping as he realized she wasn’t going to budge.

“Because you wouldn’t have cared either way,” she replied harshly. “What I went through in that place is my business alone. I’ll share it with who I feel deserves to know and your name isn’t on that short list. You didn’t give a damn long enough to drop a post card into the mail to let me know you were alive. Not one little sign in six long years. And then you come back, break into my room, try to keep me from taking a shower, and make asinine assumptions that you have no right to make. Acting as if I’m still some fragile child who still needs a dark knight to rescue me from myself.”

Logan couldn’t contain his temper any longer. He jumped at her, wrapping his left hand around her throat as he pulled her up from her seat on the bench. He couldn’t deny the sickening thump her head made when it hit the wall, but he couldn’t find the room within himself to worry if he hurt her or not. He felt the claws slide out from between his knuckles on his right hand. “Then prove it to me, Marie. Prove to me that you don’t need anyone.”

The look she gave him spoke volumes. He expected anger and hostility. He expected a struggle, maybe she would even use her mutation on him. Hell, he even expected Scott to jump in, but what she did was completely unexpected. Her body became slack, her eyes bored. It was evident that he hadn’t phased her at all. When she spoke, her tone was soft, even a little sad. “Even if you could find it in you, you wouldn’t be able to hurt me, Logan. I’d kill you before you even realized what the hell was going on. You don’t want that. Why don’t you go and find Jean and release some of this tension in her bed. I’m sure she’d like a nice rough fuck by now.”

He was too stunned by her words to do anything more than relax his grip around her neck and let her slide back onto her feet. She pushed past him now, making her way to the door, her shoulders held high with pride, her hips moving seductively, her scent filled with disappointment. Logan watched her go before turning his gaze on Scott. The man had just sat by and watched, hadn’t even tried to help. Something was seriously wrong here.

“She takes care of herself, Logan,” Scott said swiftly, answering his silent question. “I only help when she asks, and she never does.”

“Jean wasn’t enough for you?” Logan asked angrily, hoping to hit a nerve.

“Jean was more than enough. So much in fact that she was too much for the other two guys she was fucking behind my back. Why don’t you go find her? I’m sure she would be more than happy to give you a demonstration,” Scott said bitterly as he stood from the bench and began to follow the same path Rogue had just taken. He decided to follow her example and not correct Logan on the statist of their relationship. She had her reasons for not telling him the truth. He only hoped that she knew what she was dragging them into.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Logan found her in the library. She was tilted over a book by one of the shelves, concentrating too hard to notice anyone walk in. He walked up behind her and placed his hands on her hips. He felt her sudden jolt as her body stiffened with surprise. Less then a second later, she relaxed at his touch. He leaned in before she could turn around, touching his lips to her ear. He left his entire body press down on her, keeping exactly where he wanted her.

“It’s been a long time, Red,” he growled seductively. “You want to explain why you didn’t call when Rogue was in trouble?”

Her body stiffened again, realizing that this wasn’t what she expected. He eased up enough for her to turn her body around. He noted the surprise in her eyes, the worry.

“Logan!” She gasped, turning to face him. “Oh god, I’ve missed you!” She threw her body into his firmly, grabbing onto his neck as she pressed her chest against his.

“You still haven’t answered my question, Darlin. Why didn’t you call?” Logan asked carefully, removing his hands from her waist and pinning her against the shelves.

~*~*~*~*~*~

She walked into the library, wanting to find a little bit of quiet to think. She wanted to make sure that she would be left alone, and she didn’t want to resort to hiding in her room again. Her head was spinning with the all of the pain and anger she had in her body. There was something else, too, something that she hadn’t felt for a long time. Something that she didn’t want to admit to herself just yet. She was still too angry and hurt.

She walked into the deep part of the library, where they kept most of the books that normally weren’t looked at. The science books and the psychiatric books. She was very fond of the latter, taking refuge in these books when one personality or another was becoming unbearable.

This is where she found them, wrapped tightly together like two lovers. She had known that he wanted her, but she didn’t think that he would go straight to her, not so quickly anyway.

“It looks like you finally got what you wanted,” Rogue said with a smirk. “You don’t waist any time, do you, Logan?” She asked briskly before turning around and walking away from their surprised gazes.

She could feel the sting of tears in her eyes, but she fought against them as she swallowed the cry building up in her throat. She made her way to her room quickly, swearing to herself again that she would not cry for him. She would continue to deny the feelings she still carried for him, so hot that it threatened to consume her soul. She wouldn’t give him the satisfaction. She would rather live through the rest of the very long life that loomed before her alone than to admit to even herself that she still loved him.
Chapter End Notes:
Ok, so I know I said that I was going to add a little L/J, but this was the closest I could bring myself to actually doing it. I just don't have it in me! I think I'd rather see him with Jubes! Aaak!