Author's Chapter Notes:
“Is this supposed to be some kind of doctor patient thing?” Logan asked, an amused yet angry smile kissing his lips.
Logan rose early the next morning, heading down to breakfast in hopes of cornering someone who was willing to tell him what he had missed. It wasn’t too much of a shock to find that Rogue had skipped out on the first meal of the day, but, surprise, surprise, Scott seemed to be missing, also.

He made his way quickly to the table designated for the team. He ignored the open curiosity coming from the students who were too young to know who he was. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw a table full of the kids Rogue had been befriended by before he left, but it was obvious that if they had realized he was there, none of them showed any kind of emotion, as if his presence didn’t phase them at all.

“What the hell happened here?” Logan asked angrily as he stopped abruptly, slamming his hands against the table top. He heard the room go silent, and he had a feeling that the children weren’t so much as curious as afraid now. He felt someone staring at his back. Turning, he saw that it was the girl who could walk through walls. He didn’t remember her name, but he couldn’t forget how shy she was. He growled at her, and was surprised by the way she only lifted an eyebrow at him, as if questioning if that was the best he had. Her reaction left him a little dazed, and he felt all the anger slip away as he took a seat next to Xavier. “Does someone want to tell me what is going on?”

Xavier looked at the man questioningly. Surely he had to know. “Logan, if you will be so kind as to meet me in my office, we can discuss this in a more… private setting.”

Logan only nodded, standing and walking away from the group. It was all beginning to be a little too much for him.

~*~*~*~*~*~

“Logan, there was an incident about five years back concerning Rogue and the other junior X-Men. They were on route to retrieve a mutant just coming into his abilities. They didn’t return.” Xavier paused, letting this information sink in. “It took us four years to locate them, and, when we did, the damage was almost irreparable. Although most of them have made significant progress in the last few months, I have been having trouble reaching Rogue.”

“Why didn’t anyone contact me?” Logan asked quickly, trying hard to keep his anger in check.

“We tried,” Xavier replied just as quickly. “It seems that, while I can reach you with in a small amount of distance using telepathy, I am unable to even find you when you are too far away, even with the aid of Cerebro. I believe that the adamantium in your skull acts as a barrier, much like Magneto’s helmet. Only on a lower scale.”

“Then why didn’t Jean get a hold of me?” His voice was low, almost threatening.

“And how do you suggest she do that?” Xavier inquired, his posture becoming stiff, defensive.

“Simple. She has my cell number. I gave it to her before I left. Told her to give me a call in case the kid… Rogue needed anything.” He watched the older man’s face closely, looking for any kind of reaction. Although the man tried hard not to show anything, Logan didn’t miss the twitch next to his right eye. “You didn’t know, did you? What happened to Rogue when she was gone?”

“I could not say,” Xavier replied, a defeated and sad look clouding his features.

“Is this supposed to be some kind of doctor patient thing?” Logan asked, an amused yet angry smile kissing his lips.

“Normally, it would be, but, in this case, it’s because Rogue hasn’t told me anything.” Xavier couldn’t help but feel the sting of failure. As hard as he tried, he just couldn’t get the girl to open up, although he had an idea of what it must have been like for her. “I have a feeling that it was worse than what the other’s were put through, though.”

“Is she talking to anyone about it?”

“I believe she has told Scott. They have grown closer over the last few months, almost inseparable,” Xavier replied with a small smile. He could only find joy in the fact that she had bonded with someone. Part of him wondered if it would become more than just platonic. He hoped so. It would be good for both of them to find someone that they could rely on, especially after all they had been through.

Xavier wasn’t blind to the events that had happened during Scott and Jean’s relationship. He felt a sharp stab of guilt still due to the fact that he had known something was wrong, that Jean was mixed up in something that she had no business being involved in, but he didn’t attempt to discuss it with either party. Simply because he didn’t want to interfere with their lives. He knew that the only reason Scott hadn’t left right after everything became open was due to the fact that the children were still missing. And now it was because of the bond he had developed with Rogue. And, judging by the turn in events of Jean’s career, it looked as if she would be leaving first.

“Do you know where she is now?” Logan asked, pulling Xavier back into the conversation.

“She should be in the gym right now,” Xavier replied, looking to Logan with sympathy. “I am very sorry for what has happened, Logan. And I will speak to Jean about this immediately.”

Logan stood from his chair with every intention of making his way to the gym before he could get side tracked any longer.

“And Logan?” Xavier called out to him. Logan paused, turning back to the man. “Scott is with her. Don’t do anything that could harm the friendship they have worked hard to tighten. They need each other right now.”

“Does Jean know about that?” Logan asked.

Xavier was shocked by the question. He hadn’t realized that Logan wouldn’t know. Of course not. Who would have told him? Judging from everyone’s reactions this morning, it was evident that no one knew that he was back until he made his appearance. But Logan was gone before he could correct the assumption. He would find out soon enough, anyway.
Chapter End Notes:
Ok, not quiet happy about this chapter, but I really wanted to hurry up and get Jean in trouble. Just a warning, I am planning a little J/L. Makes me want to puke, too, but I got to do it!