Author's Chapter Notes:
"This is just as much their fight as mine."
“She took it away from us,” Rogue whispered as she stared down at her hands. They were sitting around the kitchen table now, where Scott and Logan took turns explaining what Logan had discovered and what they suspected. Logan started by telling her about how he left his number with Jean to call him in case anything happened. She bit her tongue, not wanting to ask him why he hadn’t given it to her.

He went on to explain that what she had seen in the library wasn’t what she had thought, that he wasn’t trying to make a pass, but threatening her. That he hadn’t meant for anyone to see.

She shook her head yes, keeping her own council. She wasn’t sure if he was lying now or telling the truth, but, either way, it didn’t matter. Logan explained what he had seen and what he had discovered, and Rogue knew that what ever questions were on the tip of her tongue would have to wait. Something big was coming for them.

“We can’t fight them now. We don’t even know what their coming with,” Rogue said, matter of fact. “I’m the only one with any real sense of the land, and that’s only after a couple of days, really. And, it’s best to assume that if they are willing to go through all that they did to track me down, well, they’re not coming in groups of two.”

“So then what do you expect we do? Run?” Scott asked swiftly, following along her pattern of thinking but not wanting to interrupt it. He had always thought she would make a good leader, and now she was proving it. “ Take off and hope that they don’t find us?”

“That’s not an option, Scott. We both know that,” she replied as she sat up a little straighter. She grabbed the salt shakers and what ever else was lying on the table. A few pencils and pens, some paper. Quickly working, she made a rough map of what Logan and Scott had to assume was the village. “If left unprotected, these people will be slaughtered. Whether out of anger, in search of new mutants, or just to cover their tracks, it’s unimportant. In any event, they will be killed. And their blood will be on our hands.

“The village is nestled comfortably between the hills. But it’s not adequate enough to protect the people. We’ll need to cover every corner of this place.”

“I’m up for a challenge and all, Darlin,” Logan said with a smirk, “but how do you think we’ll be able to do this between the three of us? Especially with what you think they’re going to be packing.”

“I don’t think we can,” Rogue replied with a twisted smile of her own. The gleam in her eyes was almost terrifying, and Logan realized there was more to her plan than a simple protection mission. “And we’re not going to. How fast can you have Jubes and John and the rest here?”

“Hour, hour and a half, tops,” Scott replied, feeling a little nervous about her thoughts. He had assumed that they were just going to evacuate everyone, but it seemed that Rogue had another idea. “We can do this differently, you know.”

“Yeah, but were would the fun be in that?” She said with a chuckle. Remembering that Scott didn’t quite understand her sense of humor as well as other’s might, she realized she would have to explain. “We don’t have the time to evacuate, Scott. They wouldn’t be far enough way. Plus, you have to understand something, Scott. These people are natural fighters with tempers worse than Logan’s. And too proud to just grab a few things and run. They won’t leave. They’re lands and homes… well, it’s their heritage. Most of these people’s families have been here for generations. They’ve poured their lives into this land, buried loved ones and watched other’s marry. They won’t give it up without a fight. And I don’t think anything less than God himself can get these people moving.”

“Is it wise to bring in the others though?” Scott asked, trying to understand what she was thinking. “I mean, they’re getting past what happened and are beginning to lead normal lives again. Last time I checked, none of them were really interested in joining the team again. And, if we are sure, these people only want you back. Won’t this be like handing them a little extra on a silver platter?”

“Yes, if I thought we could lose. But these people… Scott, they hurt us all. This is just as much their fight as mine. I saw what they were put through, what they were forced to do.” Rogue paused, taking a deep breath and forcing her emotions in check. “I watched when they were trying to push the others beyond what they should have been capable at that point, what should have happened gradually. I’ve seen Bobby turn completely into ice and more. Watch John become consumed in a fire that was too much for him to handle. Kitty nearly became transparent. Jubilee and her damn fireworks. She went blind for two weeks. They were beginning talks about disposing of her when her sight finally returned. Those damn sparks were just too bright. Piotr was pushed to the point that he was almost stuck in his metal form.”

“So then how are we going to do this?” Logan asked, interrupting them. There were only about four hours of day light left.

Rogue looked at him pointedly before continuing. “First of all, we’re going to need to move the plain. It would be best if someone could drop them off and be on standby. We’re not leaving here until the job is finished. As for that other jet out there. Well, we need to find a clearing for it. Scott, once you get off the line with the others, I need you to move it here.” She pointed to a spot a few miles south of the village. “I’ll send someone to meet you there and bring you back. I’m going to head into the village and get these people to hide and stay out of my way.”

“And what about me?” Logan inquired gruffly.

“You are going to stay here and wait for the others. Make sure that they know what we are up against and that Jean will most likely be heading them.” Rogue stood, ready to walk out of the door when she felt a hand land on her arm.

She turned quickly; ready to intercede Logan’s protests. Instead, she found herself staring into his hazel eyes, eyes softer and warmer and filled with more worry than she ever thought possible.

“We have some things to talk through when this is over, Marie.” He whispered it low enough that Scott, who was in the midst of rounding up the team, couldn’t hear it. “I want to know what they did to you there, in your own words. And I have some things that I need to tell you.”

“Fine, Logan. We’ll talk, but not until we are done with this.” She turned and left, unsure if she was going to keep her word.
Chapter End Notes:
Yeah... No idea where I am going with this anymore. No clue what's going to happen next... Can't figure where to go from here... Do know that she is going to finally tell him what happened to her in that place... I don't know when this will end, though. FEEDBACK/ADVICE: Greatly appreciated. PLEASE!!!!!!!! :D