Author's Chapter Notes:
Yes, I was inspired by the Meat Loaf song. It's a good song in my own opinion.
Baby we can talk all night
But that ain't getting us no where
I told you everything I possibly can
There's nothing left inside of here.




I've finally told her the truth about us. I told her the truth about me and the dreams I've been having lately. I've told her about the emptiness, and the hurt that I want to save us both from later when neither one of us can take it anymore. I've told her everything that I thought she could ever handle, and everything that I knew she couldn't.



And Baby you can cry all night
But that'll never change the way that I feel
The snow is really piling up outside.
I wish you wouldn't make me leave here.




She told me to leave. She didn't want to wake up in the morning to even find me on the couch. It's dark and it's lonely, and there is a snow storm outside, and she's forcing me to leave. I guess I could understand why, though. I don't want to go. It's cold out there, and this is my home, too. It was given to both of us.



I poured it on and I poured it out
I tried to show you just how much I care.
I'm tired of words and I'm too hoarse to shout
But you've been cold toward me so long,
I'm crying icicles instead of tears.




It's been so long since she's even let me try to touch her. She never gained control her mutation. I tried to stay in love with her, but I couldn't lie to either of us anymore. It wasn't fair. Things were so different when it was new. The first five years were wonderful, but the last five have been nothing but a fight. When she looks at me, all I see is coldness, and maybe even blame. All we do is fight anymore. Maybe things would have been better if we would have had children. But she never wanted my children.



And all I can do
Is keep on telling you
I want you
I need you
But there ain't no way
I'm ever gonna love you
Now don't be sad
Don't be sad cuz
Cuz two out of three aint bad




She knows that I would do anything for her. She knows how I feel about her. As much as I want and need her, I'll never love her. Not like how a man is supposed to love his wife, anyway.



Now Doon't beeeeeeeeeee saaaaaad
Cuz two out of three ain't bad




She's known this has been coming for a long, long time. I can't continue to live like this…



You'll never find a coal on a sandy beach
You'll never dream for oil on a city street
I know you're looking for a ruby on a mountain of rocks
But there ain't no coup devil
Hiding at the bottom of a Cracker Jack box




When he said he loved me, he wanted something that just wasn't there. Something that I couldn't ever posses because I never experienced anything that would help me to posses it. He was looking for more than I could offer.



I cannot lie
I cannot tell you that I'm something I'm not
No matter how I try
I'll never be able
To give you something
Something that I just haven't got




I couldn't give him what he was truly after when we got married. We only married because it seemed like the right thing to do. We were already having sex. He wanted someone who could be the perfect housewife and hostess to his friends. Someone who would wait by the window for him until he returned when ever he left on a mission or something. And then when he realized I couldn't give him any of those things, he wanted someone who could ignore when he would stay out until the early hours of the morning, and then crawl into bed smelling like cheap whisky and cheaper perfume. That just wasn't me.



Well, there's only one girl that I will ever love
And that was so many years ago.
I know I know
I'll never get her out of my heart
She never loved me back
OOOO I know




I'll admit that I never loved him. I only married him because he was the only who ever gave me that look that said `I want you right here, right now' after my mutation manifested, and stuck around to actually take me. I loved someone else. I always did, and I always will. No man could ever compare himself with my first love.



Well I remember how she left me on a stormy night
Ah She kissed me and got out of our bed
I know I pleaded and I begged her not to walk out that door
She packed her bags and turned right away




He left me one night, when things seemed almost perfect. He placed a scarf over my lips and kissed me one last time before he jumped out of our bed and dressed. I asked him to stay. I asked if it was me, and I told him that I could change. I was willing to be anything he wanted me to be. I was even willing to die my hair red.



And She kept on telling me
She kept on telling me
She
Kept
On
Telling me




He looked at me with a smile on his face, and he wiped the tears from his gloved hand and told me that I was beautiful and that I was perfect… but I wasn't meant for him.



I want you
[I want you]
I need you
[I need you]
But there ain't no way
I'm ever gonna love you




He never loved me. He said he couldn't love me. He didn't know how to love. He needed to find his past before he could ever love anyone. And even then, he didn't think that we would ever be able to truly love each other. And my true love, Logan, the Wolverine, walked out of my life for good, and into the darkness.



Now don't be sad
[Don't be sad cuz]
Cuz two out of three aint bad




And now my husband and I are sitting here, talking. Coming to a mutual agreement. We were only together because we had lost the ones we had loved the most. His fist love had died so long ago and mine had left to find a life he had lost a long time ago.



I want you
[I want you]
I need you
[I need you]
But there aint no way I'm ever gonna love you




I wanted him just as much as he wanted me. And I needed him just as much as he wanted me. But I think I loved him just as much as he loved me, too. The problem was, we never loved each other at all.



Now don't be sad
[Dooon't beeee saaad cuz]
Cuz two out of three aint bad




They were never meant to love each other. Deep down, they both knew that when they were together. Every time they made love, it was only because they both wanted to escape the loneliness, and to cling to something that had felt the same kind of pain.



Nowww doooon't beee saad
Cuz two out of three ain't bad




The Untouchable Rogue and Cyclops, leader of the X-men, had only leaned on each other to help through the losses of their loved ones. And now, thirteen years after Jean Grey's death in the flooding of the Alkali Lake, and twelve years after Logan disappeared one last time, they finally learned that they had to let each other go in order to salvage any friendship they may save.



Baby we can talk all night
But that ain't getting us no where