She was running, nearly flying through the darkened hallways. She could hear silent hissing of the stun guns, surprised gasps and screams. Heavy boots hitting the floorboards behind her. She had a destination. If she could only get to the lower levels. If she could get there, everything would most likely turn out for the best. He was there. Confined. Locked away. Xavier’s little dirty secret.

She had stumbled upon his file when she was arranging huge pile of old files. Information about past events and missions. File had been nearly as thick as her wrist, filled with x-rays and old, yellowed medical records. It had been last dated nearly three years ago. Professor’s handwriting. Just two, final words. Case closed. She had taken the file. It had taken her three sleepless nights to put all the facts together. He had once been a member of the X-team. During a mission he had been captured. Nobody had heard a peep from him until he had turned up again during a mission, nearly three years later. Whole skeleton laced with a strange, indestructible metal. Deadly claws made out of same material fitted to his hands. Mind blank, erased, with only one goal. Extermination of the others of his kind.

Elevator door slid open under her palms, and she narrowly avoided three small darts aimed at her back. Door closed again behind her back. Sinking feeling, soft ping, and door opened again, revealing clean and sterile corridor. Walls and floor made out of cold metal. She ran past first three doors. There was nothing that could help them now. She would find what she was looking for from behind the door number four. It was locked, but she had seen the professor use a code to get in there. She was punching it in when elevator door slid open again, revealing a man wielding a stun gun. One dart lodged to her thigh, another to her shoulder. World spun wildly for a couple of seconds. She barely managed to focus enough, but found the extra strength to push the last button on the keypad. Heavy locks inside of the door started turning with audible clicks and bangs. Door slid open, revealing only darkness behind it. She fell on her knees when that darkness started closing around her. Something swooped past her, and she could hear soldier behind her scream. Scream ended to gurgle. She lay down. Drug in her system was lulling her to a dreamless sleep.

Suddenly a leg, clad to heavy boot and jeans landed close to her face. She squinted her eyes, trying to focus her vision, but it was nearly impossible. She rolled on her back. Murky figure was approaching, and nearly filled her whole field of vision momentarily. Soft snort, then it retreated and disappeared.
“Wait…” She whispered, thinking it was already late. Figure returned, leaning close again.
“Logan… We need your help…” Soft hiss of metal against metal. Deadly looking claws oozing out from his hands.
“I’ll see what I can do, kid. Sleep now.” Gruff and raspy voice. Warm metal caressing cold skin of her cheek briefly.

She came back to her senses in the middle of a battlefield. She lay on the floor, in front of the elevator. Beast she had let loose was chopping up assailant after another. There had been ten of them, all ready to raid the mutie haven. They hadn’t been expecting this. They could just scream when he plowed through them seemingly effortless, leaving a trail of mutilated bodies behind him. One of them tried to call reinforcements from the other wings of the mansion. He just walked to him and swiped his head off from his shoulders before he had the time to use his radio. She stood up slowly. He swiveled around, every muscle coiled, ready to bolt. Cold, gleaming eyes of a mindless beast seeking hers.