Story Notes:
OK so this is the sequel to that one I just did from Logan's pov. This one is depressing too but it shouldn't leave as bad a taste in your mouth. Oh god though I think I'm seeing a series start though… or maybe a trilogy… eek! Back bunnies back! I need to finish my other fic! And GrumpyLoganMuse as well as PMSingMarieMuse BOTH PROMISED me that they'd stop with the angst bunnies if I wrote these two stories…. Back… please! *Rhion ducks behind her two muses who are definitely in better moods now that she had written them their unhappy fic* Also thanx again to Astyala cuz without her I wouldn't have been able to post this.
She had found herself waking up from what she thought was a nightmare but soon started to realize was reality. Logan was dead. Her child was dead. All the people that she knew and loved where dead. After all those things had hit her she retreated into her mind not caring if the inner voices took over. And in that blackness she became aware of Logan. His body was gone but he was in her. All of him. He was angry and hurting. And going insane, so she started slowly trying to talk to him. Make contact with that part of him in her mind.

But she wasn't as strong as she once had been. He filled her up, leaving very little space in there for her. Every time she spoke to him he pushed her back. So she tried mostly when he let their mutual body rest. Or when he himself retreated into their mind to get away from the pain.

Drawing up memories of snow in his hair and the twinkle in his eye when he did something to piss Scott off. Of how happy they were when they eloped. Sunny fields where they lay in the grass looking at the clouds, listening to the earth turn. Hard battles against cadres of FoH, Brotherhood and countless others. Memories of how they may not always have been victorious, but they never gave in to the fear that peace between humans and mutants could never be achieved. Everything good and bad that was their lives that they had spent together.

Painful ones of loss and beautiful ones full of all their love and tenderness for each other. The few fights that they had. Amusing ones where she had once come upon him trying to bake her a cake because she had said she wanted a homemade death by chocolate, and he was glaring at the burnt mass that had collapsed as some cakes were wont to do. His quiet rage when they had come upon two locked up mutant children who were long dead before they had been found.

All the joy that they had both felt when they found that finally they had been able to conceive. Her waking up to see him staring at her in wonderment while his gloved hand was upon her belly feeling their child's heartbeat. She showed him the ones where she would stay up to safe guard his sleep. Of how young and peaceful he looked laying upon his stomach with his bare back, strong and uncovered because he had never feared her skin.

Slowly she knew, oh so slowly, that she was getting through to him, at least enough to send him back to where it had all happened. She let him try to die, for they at least would be together and with their stillborn child. When he lay there exhausted on the med. table that she had given birth to a perfect boy who never was to draw a breath she willed him to rest in her mind among their shared memories and waited for him to heal. For don't all things heal eventually if they do not die?