Author's Chapter Notes:
Okay, so it's been a while since my last update and while I'm still not quite ready to throw myself into this story with as much vigor as before, I don't want it to shrivel up and die from lack of stimulation either. This chapter is more like a warm up so that i can get back into the swing of things.
I startled out of sleep, my heart pumping.

Something was weird.

Someone stirred behind me and I froze. Who the hell was in my bed?

I looked down. Where the hell was my bed?

A hand snaked around my waist and tugged at me. “What’s wrong?” the muffled voice said.

Logan. Right-- I was at his place. I relaxed into his embrace and slid back under the covers. “Sorry.”

He tucked me into his side and nuzzled my neck sleepily. “What for?”

“For waking you up.”

“It’s okay.” He pressed against me and I noticed just how okay it was.

I smiled, slow and lazy, and slid my hand down to cup his hard-on. “I don’t know about this. I’m surly in the mornings before I have my coffee.”

He rolled me on top of him so I straddled his hips. “This is much more effective than caffeine.”

“Is it?” I swooped down to lick his nipples. I’d found out last night that they were as sensitive as mine.

He speared his fingers into my hair and held me close. “Guaranteed to put you in a great mood all day.”

“That’s a big promise,” I murmured against his chest. I wiggled to tease him a little, but only ended up breathing harder myself. “A day is pretty long.”

He gripped my butt and surged against the outside of my womanly parts. “Good thing the day is almost half gone.”

My hand had just gotten a grasp of the situation-- if you know what I mean-- when I realized what he said. I sat up, his erection in my grip. “Half gone?”

Nodding, he covered my hand with his and squeezed. “It’s past ten.”

I groaned, both from what we were doing and the fact that it was so late. “I have to go to work.”

He nuzzled my neck. “Stay. Just for a little longer.”

“I want to, but I can’t.” It came out a plaintive whine. I jumped off the bed and scrounged for my clothing. “I’m late. Even for me.”

Leaning on his elbow, Logan half-sat, half-reclined. “Will you be missed?”

“Yeah. My intern will freak out and raise a search party.” I picked up my athletic bra. Ripe. I wrinkled my nose at the smell and decided to against putting it on. Then I sniffed myself. I smelled like Kung Fu and sex and Logan. I couldn’t go to work smelling like this. “Can I use your shower?”

“It’s through there.” He nodded toward an opening I hadn’t seen.

I paused a moment, caught in the regret on Logan’s face. Such a contrast to seconds ago when he looked ready to eat me alive. I wanted to kiss him and apologize and promise we’d continue later.

Ugh-- I didn’t have time. I had to get to work. With a sigh, I rushed to the bathroom. I turned on one of the biggest showers I’d ever seen and waited for hot water.

I was rinsing my hair when the shower door opened suddenly. I gasped as Logan stood in the doorway. “I came to help.” He stepped in and closed the door behind him.

The shower didn’t seem so spacious with Logan standing in it. “I’ve done this a lot. I think I can handle a shower on my own.”

“Can you?” He reached around me to grab a dispenser of soap and squeezed some into his hand. Without any ado, he set his hands to my breasts and lathered them up.

“I already washed that part,” I protested weakly.

He nodded but didn’t stop. “I’m sorry I let you oversleep. I didn’t know you had to be at work at a specific time or I’d have set an alarm.”

I winced at the mention of an alarm. “I try to get there by ten.” I almost groaned as his hands rubbed down my sides to my back. I leaned against him, slippery and wet and turned on.

“We’d better make sure you’re clean all over then,” he said against my neck. His finger slipped between my legs from behind.

I let him soap me all over. They say cleanliness is next to Godliness, and that morning I was definitely in heaven.




-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




When I finally arrived at work, I may have been in yesterday’s clothes but I was, in short, euphoric.

I was in love.

I strutted down the hall to my cube, coffee cup in hand, grin permanently etched on my face. I slid into my chair and greeted the guys. “Good morning, gentlemen. Beautiful day, isn’t it?”

The couple who heard me over their headphones and pumping music stuck their heads around their cubicles and scowled at me.

“She must have gotten laid,” one of them muttered.

I had. Gloriously so. But I just have them a Mona Lisa smile and let it flow over me.

Today, I felt good. Relaxed. Thoroughly sated.

It was a new experience for me. Who knew? I didn’t. I had no idea sex could be like that. I wrinkled my nose. Someone should have told me. I picked up my phone and called Scott at work.

He answered on the third ring. “Hello?”

He sounded alert, if peeved, but I ignored that. “Why didn’t you tell me about sex?”

“Rogue?”

“Who else would it be?”

“I don’t know. I get people calling me all the time asking about sex.”

If he were in front of me I would have punched him, but he wasn’t so I did the next best thing; I pulled out the whistle from my desk and blew it loudly.

Rogue!”

At the same time, there was a yelp from the peanut gallery and a dull thud. I looked up in time to see one of the guys startle right out of his chair and fall on his ass. I grinned. It was the same one who said I must’ve gotten laid, so I didn’t feel bad.

“What the hell is your problem?” Scott snipped at me.

“I’ve got no problem. I’m perfect today.” I beamed as if he could see it.

“I don’t have time for this,” he grumbled. “I have a deadline to meet.”

“Then answer the question.”

“What question?”

I rolled my eyes. “Why didn’t you tell me about sex?”

“Didn’t you go to junior high? They covered all the basics.”

“Exactly!” I nodded. “It’s the other stuff I’m talking about.”

“What other stuff?”

I opened my mouth to tell him and immediately flushed crimson. A crimson, I’m sure, that was so dark I looked purple. I certainly felt purple.

I couldn’t tell Scott. That’d be like going home and reporting to your mom.

Ick.

So I said, “Never mind.”

There was a pause and then Scott said, “This is revenge for some imagined thing that I’ve done, isn’t it?”

“No.” How could I explain I really needed someone to talk to about the shattering revelations I had last night? “I’m sorry I bothered you. Go back to work. I’ll call you later.”

I hung up as he was sputtering indignantly. He’d get over it.

What I needed was a close woman friend to talk to. Someone to confide things. Jean? I made a face. Not Jean. Someone wise about sex. Someone who’d understand.

I snapped my fingers. Mystique.

“Marie.”

I whirled around and hit my knee on my desk. “Ouch. Damn it. Warren?”

He leaned across my desk, his hands gripping the edges. “I haven’t heard from your sister yet.”

“So?” I scowled and rubbed my knee. Then I actually looked at him and noticed the slightly panicked, slightly distraught expression lining his face. “Warren, are you lovesick?”

He sighed dramatically and, I swear, wilted. I had to bite my lip not to grin.

“Is it something I did?”

I shook my head. It was something I did-- or rather, didn’t do. Like give Jean his phone number. But I wasn’t going to tell him that. No telling how he’d react. He looked like he might attack.

So I said, “I think she was just busy this weekend.”

He looked stricken. “With other men?”

Ha! That’d be the day. “No, we did some, um, sister things. You know, bonding and stuff.”

“She didn’t like me, did she?”

“No. I mean, yes, she liked you.” I sighed and covered my forehead. “Look, I forgot to give her your phone number.”

He blinked. “You did?”

Counting to ten, I waited for him to charge. I counted a couple of extra numbers, just in case, but nothing happened so I glanced up at him.

It was pitiful, as if someone had handed him a puppy with parvo.

“Look,” I said, not able to take his sorry state any longer. “I’ll give it to her tonight when I get home. I promise. I’ll even make her call you.”

“Okay.” His grin was goofy but somehow endearing. When he walked away, he had a skip in his step.

I shook my head. Pathetic. I squinted and tried to imagine him as a brother-in-law.

Nope. Couldn’t do it. But stranger things happened in the world, I guess.




---------------------------------------------------------------------------




“Jeannie!” I slammed the front door closed and took the stairs two at a time, heading for the kitchen to get an emergency snack. I’d been starving all day. Must have been all the exercise I got yesterday.

Jean looked up from the vegetables she was chopping and frowned. “Why do you keep doing that?”

“What”

“Calling me Jeannie when you know I don’t like it.”

I opened the fridge and rummaged. There was more food than usual. My sister must have stocked up. Problem was, none of it was edible. “What the hell is this?”

She glanced at the package I held in my hand. “Tempeh.”

I poked at it. Blech. I put it back and searched for something normal. Fortunately I found a package of hot dogs in there. Why does she insist on buying foreign substances that they didn’t even feed to astronauts in space, I wondered as I rolled the hot dogs off the fryer and onto a plate. Instead of sitting at the table, I leaned against the sink and watched Jean as I blew on my food to cool it. “What are you making?”

“Stir-fry.” She glanced at my plate. “There’s enough for both of us if you don’t ruin your dinner.”

“With this? This is barely a snack.” I took a bite, chewed it happily for about one point three seconds before I gagged and spit it out onto the plate. “What is this?”

Jean looked at me like she wanted to say duh, but being Jean she’d never do that. “Tofu dogs.”

“Gross.” I did a residual gag, stepped on the garbage can, and tossed the pseudo-dogs in the trash. “Why didn’t you warn me?”

She shrugged and continued chopping.

I narrowed my eyes at her. “You aren’t going to put anything weird in the stir-fry, are you?”

She blinked innocently. “I was thinking of tofu dogs, but maybe I’ll leave that out.”

I gawked at her. “Did you just make a joke? Am I in an alternate universe?”

She rolled her eyes as she poured oil in a pan and started adding vegetables.

Smirking I got out a couple of plates and silverware for the two of us. “Guess who I ran into today?”

“Who?”

“Warren.”

She dropped half a dozen zucchini pieces onto the floor. “Warren?”

“Yep. He misses you.”

“He does?” The disbelief in her voice made me grin harder.

I nodded. “Bad.”

“Marie Elizabeth.” she glared. “It’s not nice to tease people.”

“God, you sound like Mom.” I crossed my eyes at her as I reached around her to get napkins. “And I’m not teasing. Warren’s in a bad way for you.”

She gaped at me.

“Yeah. I know.” I shook my head in wonder. “I don’t understand it either.”

I waited for her to say something more, but she just stood woodenly at the stove and stirred the food. I sat down at the table and kept an eye on her, afraid she’d set something on fire in her trance-like state. She brought the pan to the table and dished food onto both our plates. I was surprised it smelled so fantastic. Not that I’d admit that to her. Besides, it was probably because I was starving.

I dug in. It tasted as great as it smelled. I don’t know why I was surprised-- what didn’t Jean excel at?

As I shoveled more food into my mouth, I realized she wasn’t eating. She sat there staring at her plate.

My first thought was she poisoned the food to get rid of me-- I don’t think she was ever thrilled to have a younger sister--- but I decided against it. If she wanted to off me, she’d come up with something more scientifically interesting, like blowing my atoms apart or something. “Something wrong?”

She looked up with a puzzled frown wrinkling her forehead. “I don’t know what to do.”

I waited for her to expound, but she didn’t so I had to ask. “About?”

“Warren.”

“Call him.” Can we say duh? “Invite him to your party.”

“But--” she frowned at her plate.”

“But what? Just tell him you want to be his love slave and let nature take it’s course.” It wasn’t rocket science.

Actually, what Logan did to me last night had to have required advanced education. I grinned. I’d have to ask to see his credentials.

“I don’t have his phone number,” She said plaintively, pushing her food around.

I speared a mushroom with my fork. “No big deal. I told him I’d give it to you.”

The way she stared at me made me uncomfortable. It was as if she didn’t know what to say, like she was stunned I’d do something like that for her.

I fidgeted in my seat. I didn’t know why it was so unexpected. I wasn’t completely a sucky sister. I cared.

I did. Really.

“Do you know where my cell phone is?” I asked after we finished dinner.

“On the coffee table. Next to that magazine with the red cover.”

Of course Jean would know exactly where it was. Good thing for me-- it saved me the half-hour it would have taken me to find it.

I flipped it open and searched my call logs. Aha. Phone still open, I went back into the kitchen and handed it to my sister.

“What’s this for?” She asked with a frown.

“Warren’s number. Call him while I take a bath.”

She gripped my arm as I turned to go. “Thank you.”

“I told you, it’s no big deal.” Wrinkling my nose, I shrugged off her hold. You’d think I saved her kitten or something. I escaped into the bathroom right as I heard her tentatively greet Warren.

“Made his day,” I murmured as I ran the water and tossed a handful of lavender salts in. By the time I stripped, it was half-full so I got in.

Yeah, I was eager for a bath. I’d wanted one all day-- I was sore all over, not only from my workout the night before but from the one Logan gave me too. And I needed some time to think things through now that I didn’t have that cloud of lust hanging over me.

Okay, I admit it, maybe I still had a miasma of lust clouding my mind. I couldn’t be blamed. Logan would have that effect on even the most shriveled-up virgin.

“You know,” I told myself, “forget thinking. There’s nothing to figure out.” I was in love with Logan and he loved me. If my parents didn’t like him-- almost guaranteed to be the case-- well, it wouldn’t be the first time I’d let them down.

It would have been so great to have them dote on me just for the one day, though.

I sighed.

But I needed to keep my eye on the ball. I knew in the end being with Logan was the best thing for me.

“Don’t you think, Mac?” I leaned back and rested my head on the rim of the tub to look up at the MacGyver poster overhead.

Only he was gone.

I gasped. Someone kidnapped MacGyver out of my bathroom.

Jean.

“Jean!” I debated staying in the bath--I’d just gotten in, after all-- but I didn’t think I could enjoy it knowing she took down another MacGyver poster. After I made it clear what I thought about that.

Water sloshed over the edge of the tub as I surged out. I yanked the door open and, at the last minute, decided to grab a towel, though at this point I don’t know why I cared about my treacherous sister’s sensibilities. “Jean!”

I strode into the living room. She was curled on the couch, phone to her ear, casual as could be. Like she wasn’t a MacGyver assassin.

She blinked at me. “You’re dripping on the rug.”

“To hell with the rug. Where is it?”

“Don’t swear.” She turned her attention back to the phone. “Warren, may I call you back? Marie’s having an episode.” She smiled at something he said. “She is a little high-strung.”

I stamped my foot. “I am not high-strung. I was fine until you started messing with my most prized possessions.”

“Thank you. Goodbye.” she closed the phone and faced me, one eyebrow cocked. “What was so important it couldn’t wait until my conversation was finished?”

“MacGyver,” I shrieked, waving my arms.

She crossed her arms. “You know, this obsession you have with a fictional character really isn’t healthy.”

Teeth clenched, I said, “The poster in the bathroom. Where. Is. It.”

“I took it down.” At my growl, her chin jutted. “The mold growing on it was unsanitary.”

I’d show her unsanitary. Hands outstretched, I advanced on her.

Her eyes widened and she gasped. “You wouldn’t.”

“Try me.”

She huddled closer to the arm of the couch. “You’d have to explain it to Mom and Dad.”

I froze mid step. She was right. Damn.

With another growl, I turned on my heel, marched to my room, and slammed the door. Real adult, I know.

“Just a few days,” I muttered to myself. Just a few more days and Jean would be out of my hair. And the next time she asked to stay with me, I’d say it was already occupied, even if I had to find a homeless person to move into the spare room.

I pulled on my robe and was pacing my room when Jean knocked softly on the door. “Marie, there’s a call for you.”

I was about to tell her what she could do with the call when she said, “It’s someone named Logan.” I threw open the door and snatched the phone out of her hand. “Hello?”

“Marie.”

Those two syllables turned my insides to mush. I warm glow replaced the tension I’d been feeling.

“You’re welcome,” Jean said, firmly closing the door behind her.

I stuck my tongue out at her and then turned my attention completely to Logan. “Hey. I missed you all day.”

“Same here, darlin’.” God, his voice was sexy. Caused tingles all over. “What are you doin’ now?”

I grinned. “What do you have in mind?”

“I could come over.”

“My sister’s here.” Somehow I felt funny about bringing a guy to my room with her staying her. Which was wrong since it was my home and I should have been able to do anything I wanted in it. “You’re so lucky you’re an only child.”

He chuckled. “A little sister wouldn’t have been so bad.”

“Not one like Jean.”

“She seems nice, even though I don’t know much about her except she likes Sexual Trances and can do a mean striptease.”

I pursed my lips. “You think she does a mean striptease?”

“I’m not an expert on stripteases---”

“I’m sure you’re not,” I said dryly.

“--but hers seemed pretty good.” There was a tingle of humor coloring his words. “Of course, I’d be much more interested in seein’ you perform.”

My lips quirked. “Would you?”

“Oh yeah.”

I grinned at the husky tone suddenly evident in his voice. “Are you a good stripper?”

“Darlin’, I can guarantee you won’t complain.”

Shiver. “Well then, get the music ready, I’ll be right over.”
Chapter End Notes:
next chapter is all Logan and Marie goodness. And I have big stuff planned for them. :D