Author's Chapter Notes:
Beta by Gidget - she rocks!!
8. Lost & Lonely – Logan

I hate wet clothes. I hate water, swimming and bathtubs. But somehow here I am, standing inside my smelly motel room, soaking wet and wringing my jeans out in the bathroom sink. Although I can’t help but smile, because even though I hate being wet, how I got wet was all kinds of fun.

The sun, nice as it was, melted all the snow through the woods and made the ground turn to shit, which meant the horses got bogged down and muddy. Marie, being nice, didn’t want them to have to wait till the Heath’s got back from church to get cleaned off so she rigged up the outside hose.

It was fine; it really was, until she slipped in some of the mud that had mixed in with the water. Went right over on her cute little ass, and I couldn’t help laughing. Next thing I know she turns the hose on me, took me a little while to get it off of her and give her a dose of the same medicine. Even managed to steal a kiss. God that felt good, got her pressed against me, soaking wet clothes moulded to every curve and in turn moulded against me. She blushed scarlet and practically rammed her horse back into the stable to get away from me. Its not about sex though, I'm not saying I wouldn’t, ‘cos I really, really would, its just, fuck, I don’t know, like I just want to touch her, feel her, watch her smile.

Need to stop thinking and hang my jeans out, as well as all my other wet clothes and get in the shower. Warm water is a nice change from the cold. Not in there for long, need to get shaved and dressed. Don’t usually bother shaving while I’m up north, helps with the cold, but I want to.

We’re going for a drink, I asked her. It was no big deal, just, you know, ‘hey you wanna go for a drink later?’ Easy.

I blow out some air and shake my head, smiling. God damned girl is turning me into Scott or Hank, actually no, not Hank, he’s a more of a man than Scott. Can’t think straight when I’m with her, or when I’m not. All I can think is how her face is so soft and honest. I can’t tell what she’s thinking, but I can sure as hell tell how she feels. Those eyes, big and brown and I guess it’s true what they say, ‘window to the soul’ and all that shit. She is so beautiful.

I catch myself smiling again in the mirror. Seem to have done a lot of that today. Lot of laughing, a lot of smiling. It’s her. She has this weird easiness to her; I think I actually relaxed today, for first time since I can remember I didn’t spare a thought for the rest of the world. Didn’t look around for exits, check for snipers, sniff around for other mutants or military, or even think of anything bad coming my way.

Sighing I clean my face off, now I feel nervous; waiting for the other shoe to drop. My phone rings. The caller ID tells me it just has and it landed with a crash.

****