Author's Chapter Notes:
No beta on this one, sorry, all mistakes are my own doing!!

Enjoy and review!
16. Lost & Lonely – Marie

Note to self, stop grinning. No seriously stop grinning. I’ve been up for couple of hours, I woke up stiff and sore this morning, but it was worth it. Aches in places that I didn’t know I had places, but again, it’s all worth it. Being with Logan last night was, well it wasn’t perfect because of the pain, but it was pretty near. He was everything I secretly knew he would be. Or is that just the dreamy version of what my first sexual experience was gonna be like? I dunno.

No…. it wasn’t like that either. In my head, it was in a four-poster bed, there was sweet music, long flowing drapes and rose petals on the bed. But, hey that’s the result of years of trashy novels and old Errol Flynn movies, and in those movies it usually fades to black at the important bit that tells you all about how much it actually hurts.

Anyway, daydreaming aside, here I am currently sitting in a deserted library drinking the strongest coffee known to man and looking out of a massive window at a slightly rainy sports field. The view is nice, but then again I think that I would be happy watching paint dry right now.

It feels a little strange to be sitting on my own, without him. We woke, well I woke up and he was watching me. Any other time I may have thought that a little creepy. He kissed me, then disappeared with a quick, ‘Be right back’, and he was, with breakfast. His version anyway, basically whatever he found in the fridge in 30 seconds to be more accurate, but it was kinda sweet. We ate in bed then I laid and watched him get dressed. It was like a backwards strip-tease, very sexy. I blushed when he first got up and I saw him naked. Don’t think I’m ever gonna get used to that. He disappeared off to talk to the others about what's going on. Said he would catch up with me later.

I’m smiling again, this time at the thought that I might actually have to get used to the fact that I get to see Logan naked, on a regular basis. As in, with ‘no’ clothes on.

Every muscle exposed to me. I get that I'm not the first person to be with him, or to see him naked or touch him. But, I'm here now. And I intend to work very hard on keeping it that way.

“Hi.” I jump and spill my coffee on my leg. “Oh God, I'm sorry, was that hot?” The girl rushes over and starts to wipe down my leg along with me. She’s slight, short cropped brown hair and a wide smile.

“It’s fine, really. I've been sitting here for so long it went cold ages ago.”

“Still, I really didn’t meant to make you jump like that.” She smiles and as I sit what’s left of my cold coffee down, she sticks out her hand, then looks at them and wipes left over coffee on her jeans before offering it to me again. “I’m Kitty.”

I shake it. “Marie.”

“I knew that already. Well, I mean I, well, I heard what your name was and that you came in with Logan yesterday.”

The rumour mill round here sure moves fast, I was kinda expecting it, but, and I don’t know why, it pisses me off a little. “Didya now.”

She sits next to me as a blonde boy pokes his head round the library door. “Hey Kitkat, you coming out for…oh hey, you must be Marie?”

He inclines his head behind him, walks into the room and two others follow him. Kitty pipes up beside me. “This is Bobby, Peter and Lorna.”

Bobby is the blonde, he reminds me of Cody a little. Peter is huge, stereotypical football player and Lorna is well, green! As in her hair I mean, skinny and pretty, but, green. And I already feel outnumbered.

“Its nice to meet you all.” I shake hands with all of them, my hand disappears in Peter’s which makes me giggle a little.

“Welcome to mutant high.” Bobby flashes a smile, which earns him a glare from Kitty, guess he’s hers then.

“Mutant High?”

“Yeah, pet name thing.” Kitty’s smile is sweet and infectious. “We all love it here, it’s the best. I mean where else can you get such a rich education and help with you powers. The Professor is just amazing.” She smiles again and takes a breath. “So where you from?”

“Ur, down south way.”

The big guy pipes up. “Really, can you cook? I love Southern style food, I could eat it all day.”

“Pete man, you could eat anything all day.” Bobby nudges him slightly and Peter blushes.

“I get hungry.” He blushes deeper.

“Hungry, that’s an understatement.” He turns to me. “Once he swallowed a string-ball.”

Kitty laughs. “Yeah it was disgusting, Jean had to pull it out by the rope.”

“Hey it wasn’t my fault, Logan threw it too hard!”

“Logan threw a ball into your mouth?” That really is disgusting.

“Yeah, it wasn’t really his fault, the guys like me. Doesn’t know his own strength sometimes.” He shrugs and I instantly like him, he’s more genuine than the others.

“So, Marie, you and Logan huh?” Lorna’s voice is soft, like any other girl her age, but there’s an edge; something I cant put my finger on and I’m instantly wary of it.

I look around them, Pete is the only one who has the decency to see I'm uncomfortable and looks away.

They girls smirk and share a look. My uncomfortable meter just went up a notch, and I think its time to go. “I’m gonna go change my jeans.” I look round them all. “It was nice meeting ya.”

They watch me pick up my coffee mug and exit the library without saying another word to me. Once outside Kitty’s hand grabs my arms and stops me. “Wait…” she looks around her nervously. “I am surprised you’re with him, he’s a bit of a player.” She smirks and looks around again, her voice lowers. “The women around here, well, we’ve all had a shot if you know what I mean.”

I pull my arm away. “Thanks for the heads up, I’ll bear it in mind.” Once I’m around the corner, I let out a breath and shake my head. I guess that’s why Jubilee said she doesn’t really have any friends, with girls like that around, your better on your own. Think I might go see Jubes actually, just gotta remember how to get down there.

*****************