Author's Chapter Notes:

Disclaimer: I own nothing, sadly there are no original characters in this story. *pouts*

Author’s Note: I have to say, this is the first one that Actually strayed ff course with for a bit. I had to go back and rework in some stuff, because Logan was barely existent in this chapter and came off as a bit of a pansy. That wouldn’t sit and my Logan Muse was raging about being a piece of furniture that didn’t actually say or do anything, and [info]meg1990 was having a crazy fit because of the lack of Logan. She used to hate this fic, but now she loves it *grins* She's a lovely beta and idea bouncer btw.

Any on to this one, I think it may be the longest one I’ve written in this section. Also, I’ve decided to not work like crazy on the constantly because I’ve got other things I need to focus on. Wals to paint, carpets to clean, an Original Story to finish. Ugh for all except the Original. *snuggles it*

Happy reading.

 

 

Apparently I hadn’t realized how tired I was because the next thing I knew, I was alone on my bed, with the sun streaming in a window. And the first thing that hit me was the urge to vomit. I barely made it to the sink. I wasn’t any weaker than I had been the day before. Which was a marked improvement, considering I had been deteriorating ever since I started this throwing up business.

 

I hobbled back to the bed and crawled across it. The hunger gnawing at my stomach battling with the urge to dry heave.

 

“Logan.” It was a weak attempt at best to holler for help. I mustered up the strength and courage for one long loud outburst of sound. It took me a few minutes. “Logan!” I was certain he’d heard me that time. His voice was a faint echo in my ears before I started hollering and now I could hear the sound of his boots thud-thud-thudding down the hall.

 

When he stepped though the door, my hand was already reaching out toward him. He scooped me up and into the bathroom, where he held me steady while I brushed and rinse. Apparently I had gotten worse, because I couldn’t even stand on my own anymore. When I was done, he carried me down the hall and all the way down to the Med Bay.

 

The hallways were conspicuously empty, I suspected the benevolent Professor for that, even if he had to get Emma Frost to deliver the message. Ugh, she’d probably felt my distress, I’d bet she’s somewhere laughing her PVC clad ass off right now. I felt Logan tense and realized he must have sensed my anger.

 

“Baby, I’m so sorry this is making you sick. It makes me feel helpless and there isn’t anything I can do for you.” His voice was resigned, but his scent was angry and tentative. “I’m sorry, I know it makes you mad. But Hank’ll figure something out, I’m sure of it.”

 

“I’m not mad at you,” My voice was muffled because I’d tucked my face in close to his chest. “I’m mad because Emma, the bitch, was probably out here somewhere, and she knew I was in trouble and she didn’t help at all. She’s probably laughing her fat PVC covered butt off somewhere.”

 

A little rumble of laughter vibrated through him and I slanted my head back at him. “Darlin’ she doesn’t wear PVC around the mansion anymore. Now she’s gigglin’ her polyester covered butt off somewhere.” He continued chuckling until we made it to the main floor. By then I’d had another dash of nausea and I’d returned to closed eyes and leaning on his chest. We made it to the elevator and Storm was there, I’d peeked my eyes open long enough to check then I’d memorized her scent.

 

Who was left now? I got, Kitty, Bobby (by proxy, I really should get his first hand), Emma, The Professor, Hank. I needed Pitor, Jubes… My head was starting to pound, so I gave up my mental list. Storm spoke and interrupted the quiet growl/purring coming from Logan.

 

“Are you still sick, my child?” Her smooth soft tones and regal Kenyan accent was like music to my ears. I really missed her.

 

I nodded my head, ever so slowly.

 

“Have you tried ginger, I assume that Hank has tried everything else. Your mutation has probably already worked out the synthetic drugs, but I think that ginger, being a natural substance, should help.”

 

Oh my God. I couldn’t believe I had forgotten that. My mother had told me once, so had every other female member of my family. I’d even read it in that stupid book that was stuck in my purse, that was… somewhere.

 

“Do you think Hank has some in the Med Bay?” I managed weakly.

 

“I am sure he does.” She smiled resolutely. We shall retrieve some and make you a tea first, to get it digested quicker, and then you should take them whole. On a timed schedule I think.” Ororo kept her face forward; I didn’t hear her move an inch the whole time we’d been talking.

 

I kept my head nestled into the crook of Logan’s neck. I felt him shift and look at Ororo. “Hank’s got plants growing down in the lab?” He asked incredulously. 

 

Ororo tuned to look at him and the exact time that I leaned back to look at him. “No Logan.” Storm replied, looking amused.

 

“They make it into pills, sugar.” I replied, settling my head back onto his shoulder. “My mamma told me about ‘em years ago. I can’t believe I forgot.” I slipped an arm around his neck, feeling marginally better knowing that I might have another solution to my vomiting issue. “And Storm’s right. It’s concentrated Ginger, no fillers. Sure, I’ll burn through it before a normal person would but I’d only have to take it like an hour before I eat, so I’ll be able to keep enough food down that I’ll regain my strength. And it won’t hurt me, or the baby.”

 

“Ok, then we’ll get you some and wait a little bit and then get you fed.”He replied gruffly. Hopefully this’ll work and he won’t be so worried about me anymore. The rest of the elevator ride continued in silence. My eyes drifted closed as I buried my face into Logan’s skin, his scent surrounded me and, combined with the feel of his arms, I was completely relaxed.

 

When he started moving again, I resisted the urge to open my eyes I knew no good would come of it. Storm had walked across the room and was shuffling in one of the cabinets when Logan leaned down and placed a kiss on the side of my neck.

 

“How you feelin, darlin’?” His rumbled.

 

“I’m mostly hangin’ on. Just, you know, ready to be done being sick.” My eyes stayed closed and I continued to breathe in his scent. I heard storm close the cabinet and move closer. I concentrated on Logan footsteps, light and sure, as we made our way back to the kitchens. I felt as if I was floating, or… being carried by a floating person. My thoughts weren’t making any sense.

 

 

An hour later I was sitting in an opulent sitting room, furnished with comfy plush couches and chairs and lots of plants. I’d demanded not to be carried into the kitchen, the scent of spicy hot food tickling my nose down the hall making heartburn and bile rise in my throat at the same time. Not fun.

 

Storm had me nursing this weirdly good (and I mean really good, it was outstanding) cup of exotic tea that she’s mixed the ginger into. It’s smells fantastic and I’ve really got to get her to make me, like, a huge tin so Logan can just scoop it into the little ball and drop it into the mug of water. I had a lingering suspicion that the kitchen would constantly make me sick, and I’d already ruled out eating anywhere confined.

 

I was tempted to ask Logan to make me something. I was starving, and feeling ten times better. The tea really worked. I gave it another five minutes before asking him. “Logan, could you make me a sandwich?”

 

He leaned in close and placed his lips against my cheek. “Sure baby, what do ya want?”

 

“A turkey sandwich with pickles, a little bit of mayo and Mozzarella cheese. And some kind of chip. Plain hopefully, no flavoring just like, you know, Lays or something.” I didn’t have to think about it. I’d been planning my first meal for the last twenty-four hours. “Oh, and another cup of tea.” I added the doe eyed look for good measure and could practically feel Logan acquiesce to my demands. I felt kind of silly giving him the doe eyes; I knew he wouldn’t need a reason to do what I asked. He considered feeding me and fetching things for me part of his duties as my mate. He blushes when he calls me that, and it’s absolutely adorable, but he really means it, especially with me pregnant. But, I try to cater to his outward ‘badass’ demeanor as much as possible with other around. Not that he wouldn’t anyhow, he’d been the perfect picture of the helpful husband since he’d told me I was expecting. Which is still kind of embarrassing, him figuring it out before me. But in my defense, I had all these crazy powers manifesting in me. Oh, now I’m worried again.

 

“I’ve prepared a large container filled with the exact mixture of Rogue’s tea. Just place one scoop into the tea ball and drop it into the boiling water.” Ororo definitely is a Goddess. I smiled my thanks at her as Logan disappeared through the doorway.

 

“How are you doing dear?” Ororo asked me. I smiled and inhaled her scent again. She smelt the same way your hair smells after you’ve spent hours in the sun. Sunshine and serene calming scent that was purely her.

 

“I’m feeling much better, ‘Ro. Really, that tea works wonders.”

 

She chuckled a bit before she spoke again. “It should be left completely alone, I’ve marked it ‘Logan’. If that doesn’t scare people off, I don’t know what will. You should be able to have a glass every few hours and remain fairly stable. There are a few different herbs in it that are safe for you to consume and will keep the sickness at bay. Be sure to tell me whenever you are running low, and I will make another batch for you.”

 

I smiled again and leaned back into the cushions for a moment before pushing to my feet. Ororo and I walked out to the adjoining patio where I’d opted to eat today. Hopefully a light breeze would carry all unwelcome scents away. I asked ‘Ro about it.

 

“I’m sure it can be arranged.” She responded with a serene smile. I was starting to feel more comfortable again, like I had before I left, minus the hovering depression. Everything was going a little too well. The worry from earlier started to creep back again. I’d have to learn to control these powers. The Professor couldn’t help me anymore, and I’d rather ask Erik for help again before spending any length of time Emma Frost. I started to feel my core temperature drop and looked for a happier situation. 

 

Logan returned with a tray laden with food and another cup of tea. I thanked him with a kiss (I was becoming increasingly fond of his kisses) and started in on the food. I rejoiced inwardly when there was no trace of nausea and dove headfirst into my food.

 

“Baby, you really should slow down, if you eat to fast you’ll just throw it all up again.” Logan, the kill joy.

 

“Logan is right, dear. It is best to eat at a slow and regulated pace.”

 

Well, as head first as Logan and ‘Ro would let me. Apparently you have to eat slowly when you haven’t had a lot of food. Stupid stomach.

 

It wasn’t long before Hank came seeking me out.

 

“You are looking a great deal healthier now, I must say Rogue. When I heard that you had awoken in a rather untoward state I was a bit worried. But then I saw the tin labeled ‘Logan’ in Ororo’s handwriting and realized that you had turned to more herbal approach.”

 

Logan jumped in before Hank could expound on the pro’s and con’s of alternative medicine. “I was meaning to ask about that ‘Ro, what’s the deal putting my name on that?”

 

Another of Ororo’s chuckles before she reiterated her logic. “Damn Straight” Logan replied, “anyone touches anything that’s mine will a hand chopped off.” I watched all this, sneaking in bigger faster bites while the attention was off of me. It didn’t last long.

 

“Rogue, you really should not eat quite so fast, you could upset your stomach again.” Hank at his disapproving best.

 

I swallowed and sent him my best ‘forgive me’ brown eyed look. He smiled and continued. “I’ve been waiting until you felt a little better before approaching the subject of your mutation. I believe that now is the best time.”

 

I look another sip of my tea, noticing that it was now ice cold. With a sigh and an annoyed look at Hank I set my tray aside. The air puffed out of my mouth in a little cloud of crystals. “Hank,” Logan began cautiously, but I waylaid him.

 

“No Logan, I need to hear this.” He sighed and pulled my now much colder body into his side.

 

“Go on,” was his gruff reply. I could smell the apprehension rolling off of him, and knew I must smell a little closer to outright fear.

 

Hank took a deep breath and found a spot in the greenery behind me at which to stare. “My initial examination of Kitty was able to help me greatly concerning you. You see, with Kitty it accelerated her powers to their next stage. Although we cannot do much testing, I fear what too much phasing will do to the fetus. In your case, I think our first focus should be to learn to control your manifestation of Bobby’s powers, because I do not know what the change in temperature will do to the child. I think-” He stopped himself, reorganizing his thoughts.

 

 “Forgive me, I jumped ahead. When most mutants initially manifest their powers, it is during a time of great stress, or during the natural hormonal growth of puberty. Women, I am afraid, have two more times of great hormonal growth. One, is during menopause. Considering the development of Logan’s healing, you may very well never experience this. The other is during pregnancy. It is my professional opinion that during these times, female mutants may undergo a transition stage where their power manifests on a different level, or they manifest a secondary mutation altogether. You seem to have done both. Although I believe they are both the ramification of your mutation in general. I think that the next stage of your mutant abilities was to be able to call upon the powers that you have previously absorbed. But, I think that your skin will no longer work properly because of the cure.” He paused in thought for a moment before continuing.

 

“I regret to tell you that I have no idea if you will retain your extra powers after your pregnancy, but we must at least deal with them now. You must learn to control the abilities that you have retained. I am not sure, given your current relationship with Ms. Frost, if you should attempt to do so with her or if we should find another telepath.” Hank finished with a bit of a sheepish expression, but his scent was relieved. Poor Hank, always worried about everyone else.

 

I took a moment to process this information, delighted that I wouldn’t be upchucking anytime soon. I wasn’t ready to deal with the ramifications of what Hank had said about my lasting abilities or anything else really except the main least emotionally upheaving one. I’d need to learn to control my powers. That was kinda obvious, the entire reason we’d come back. But I was a bit weary of doing so, I’d never learned to control my skin and the idea was daunting. But I didn’t want to work with Emma. And I’d rather not work with anyone I didn’t really know. I brought this up to Hank.

 

“What if I worked with each individual?” Hanks sputtered for an answer, and Logan nearly launched out of his chair, I could definitely tell that the idea of me facing Magneto and maybe Pyro, was freaking him out a bit.

 

“No Ma- Rogue. No. You don’t-” He seemed to stop himself, realizing that if anyone knew anything about Mags and Pyro it’s be me. I’ve spent 6 ad 3 years respectively with each of them in my head. I knew the ins and outs of their personalities. I think he started to understand that, but he was till weary of agreeing right off the bat. “We- We’ll talk about it, okay? We’ll talk about it.”

 

I nodded at him, pulling him back into my grip and snuggling my face back into his neck. He stroked my hair and back and rumbled a little growl to soothe me. He could tell I was frazzled, overwrought, and scared. Hank left quietly, telling us he’d find us later so that we could speak some more. ‘Ro picked up my glass of tea, saying she’d be right back. Logan leaned down and kissed my mouth, his lips were soft, comforting, and soothing.


Chapter End Notes:
Thanks for all you wonderful reviews! I'm sorry If I haven't gotten back to any of you! I love and apreciate all the reviews you can give.