Welcome everyone to the Third annual Reader's Choice Awards. Nominations for the RCA's will be taken from Jan 5/08 to Feb 16/08. You can submit them via email, list post, review function on the new archive or through the LJ.

The format for them will be as follows:

Story Title:
Nomination Category:
Author's Pen Name:
Authors Email Address: (will be used to notify author of
nomination/win)
Reason for Nomination:
Comments: (Praise for the author, comment about the story, etc.)
Story URL: (This is to keep track of things and make it easier for us to find the story)

I realize that some awards allow for you to nominate yourself, and I think that's fair. If you want to nominate a story you've done by all means, do so.

Voting will begin Feb 18, and will be in the same format as last year with several categories open for a total of four days. The polls will be on the yahoo groups page. To If they haven't closed on the date I've specified ie Feb 18-21 then I will manually close it on the 22nd.

Winners for the RCA's will be announced by March 10th (this allows me to get everything organized after the voting is over.) Awards this year will be banners like last year. And possibly a special prize or two - details to follow. If anyone is interested in helping to create them or has a suggestion for a graphic by all means please email me off list and I'll see what I can do.

Please remember that the nominations MUST only be from WRFA and if you're looking for them elsewhere you won't find them. They'll be in the new archive only dated clearly as 2008! This was an issue last year and I've made note of it in the category post as well as this one!

Last year's award winners are up on the new archive under Readers Choice Awards for 2008 so if you wish to see them, feel free to take a look. As well, it’s important to remember that if a story won last year within a category it isn’t eligible to win in that category again. As well there are a few changes to some of the categories so please read them over carefully to avoid any confusion.

If you have any questions please feel free to email me off list. A complete breakdown of the rules and categories to follow in the next chapter!

Good luck to everyone, and let’s have some fun!

Shadowlady


Next