The low furious snarl filled the small cage. Bars reinforced glittered in the muted light. A narrow, hard cot had been built into the wall, the thin blanket the only covering.
One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, turn, one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven, twelve,turn. The steady montra echoed in her head as she paced. Eyes as dark as the night watched the three guards beyond the bars, the taste of blood thick and rich on her tongue.
She could hear their whispers, hear their plans and each word sickened her. Nothing had changed. Once more she was a prisoner of the enemy, a means to an end. Still, if they believed her beneath them, beleived her to be a willing, and submission toy they'd be in for a rude awakening.
"Have you been able to discover any means of termination?" From down the hall she could hear the silky tone of the brown haired doctor, her voice low, seductive.
"No, sadly there seems to be none. I have tested every means, the cells just regenerate. Are you certain it must be terminated?"
"Very. She puts too many at risk of discovery."
"I'll see to it." She narrowed her eyes, fury rising like a storm within her blood. Termination would not come for her but for those who had put her in this box. Turning her attention to the three guards she raised a brow at the lust in the eyes skimming over her body. The thin scrubs did little to hide the generous curves of her breasts, or her the curve of her hips.
She watched their lips move, listened as the bell sounded for the next shift and moved back into the growing shadows of her prison. The vague thought they would be in for a suprise drew a smile.
"We're coming." Soft, familiar, warm the voice whispered through her head. "We love you Mom, remember that. Remember us, because we're coming...and Dad's going to get you out no matter what!"
"Be careful, and come soon." she whispered to the night. "Because I don't think I'm strong enough to do this again."
WIth the sickening squish of metal and flesh meeting, she extended her claws. "You want me, come and get me." Low, deadly, the warning wasn't heeded as the trio stepped into her territory. The long black prod in his hand was sliced as he raised it, her claws catching him in the groin and ripping upward. Before he'd hit the ground she had the second pinned to the wall with her claws through him. The third stood, a wet spot spreading around his groin. "Shall we dance?" She dropped her prey and advanced on the third man who quivered in fear. Grabbing him she pulled him against her, his body shaking. "They call me Carnage. Weapon X and Excalibur come for me now. You will beg for mercy before I am done with you. Death is too good for the likes of you."
Her claws slid beneath the flesh of his chest, slicing through muscle and bone. Painful, bloody, but not deadly. Not yet. "Tell me who sent you and I may be merciful."
"I don't know." Panting in agony he danged from her claws a moment before she spotted the open cell door. Using him as a sheild she stepped into the hall and sniffed. The night guard had settled, leaving only a few poor souls between her and escape.
Her head whipped at the pitiful whimper from behind a door across the hall. "What is in that room?"
"Another mutant. The doctor's are going to use her to..." The soldier whimpered, tears streaming down his face.
"She is mine." Carnage slid her claws free, whirled him onto his knees and jerked his head back. With a low rumbling snarl she slid a single claw across his throat leaving him gurgling and drowning in his own blood. She raised a fist, slashed the lock and pushed the door open.
Sitting on the floor, her blouse ripped, her jeans stained with dirt and grass, a young girl sat huddled against the wall. Bruises covered her face and throat. Carnage inhaled, her rage eased for a moment when she detected neither blood nor semen. "Come on, girl. If you want out, you'll quit crying and come."
Carnage smiled at the girl who leapt to her feet and hurried toward her, the faint rattle of scales and gills telling her more than anything the girl was an Aquatic. Pausing at the lab door, she glanced at the girl, taking in the lizardlike eyes, the sharp, pointed teeth and drew her lips back in a smile. "Stick with me kid, I'll get you out and then I'm going hunting a red-headed bitch."