Rogue watched Scott pace the main hall with more agitation in his stride than grace. He flipped his phone closed and opened it time and again, silently cursing when whoever he was trying to reach didn't answer.

"You okay?" Rogue spoke softly, her voice even.

"Damn, why am I here?" Scott whirled to glare at her. "Why am I stuck in the middle of this fuckin' circus rather than at home with my wife, my kids, my life? Do you have any idea how much I detest being here. Having someone that revolts me pawing at me like I'm some sort of consolation prize."

"Scott..."

"I won't stay. I'm not falling back into Jean's bed no matter how much y'all want me to. I have a life beyond this," Scott waved at the masion's impressive hall. "A life with a woman who loves me, who's been through hell and come out on top. Laura and I have something real..."

"Just as Logan and I do." Rogue replied softly, a hint of sadness in her eyes. "Jean isn't going to let you just walk away, Scott. she'll do whatever she has to so that her perfect life is returned."

Scott laughed and shook his head. "Jean's life was never perfect, no matter what she may think. No, Rogue, there are somethings in this world that a man has to do and when you fall out of love you move on. I love Laura, just as you love Logan...and he loves you. That's why she's trying so hard to break you up because then..."

Scott whipped around at the crash of the front door. His eyes widened at the sight before him.

"uh.."Rogue's startled scream was cut off when he slapped a hand over her mouth.

"What the fuck are you doing here?"
"Trouble's coming." Victor Creed stalked through the foyer to stand before them. "The frail better hide. Lisa said that they've reorganized Excalibur."

"What in the fuck? Who invited you, bub?"

Scott glanced at Logan before turning back to Victor. "When?"

"Yesterday. They hit and hit hard. By the time I got back to town she was gone. Lisa's got a line on her but they keep moving her. So far all Lisa's been able to do is keep a series of numbers in Laura's head. They're working hard at erasing everything."

"You lying..."

"Save it Logan, this is important." Scott pushed
Rogue aside. "IF they've revived Excalibur that would imply they want to reinstate Weapon X. If they do that..."

"We're all dead." Victor replied. "Lisa said to tell you that she'll keep Mom on track, but its up to you and I to save the geek sqaud."

"How'd you get in here?" Storm demanded her eyes flashing silver.

"Walked, frail." Victor stared at Scott. "Lisa's not doing that great...which means..."

"That Laura's doing everything she can to make their lives miserable. FUCK! Tell Lisa to get me my gear and to call Mary. Enough of the bullshit. They want a war, I'll give it to them."

"What about the frail?" Victor nodded at Rogue.

"What about her?"

"Laura is you, Lisa is me, Wolverine is her..."Victor raised an eyebrow. "They'll want the mates to keep the predators in line."
S
cott paused his hand on the railing as he glanced from Logan to Victor and back. "Send her underground. What about the children here? Do you think?"

Victor scratched at his ear for a second before nodding. "Lis is opening a portal for the innocent. She said something about only tainted blood should be left to fend for itself."

Scott grinned at the shimmy vision before Victor that expanded a second before a black duffel sailed out. He caught it and dropped it on the floor at his feet. "There are over two hundred children here, we can't do it individually. See if Mary can create an army to help us."

"Already done, Dad." Mary's voice filled the foyer a moment before she stepped through the portal. She raised a hand and a tiny line of small black dots raced across the pale flesh to pool at her feet. "Bring them to me."

"We're not playing games, Mary. We're out for blood..." Scott warned.


Rogue shivered at the cold, menacing smirk on the girl's face as she watched the line of bugs scurry across the floor. "We are engineered for perfection - death is but a tool. Come, Streaks, best if you are not here when she comes."

"Whoa, Rogue ain't..."

"Relax Logan," Scott caught his arm. "Mary'll protect her as well as you. Maybe even better. Victor, call in the team, Mary, control your soldiers, Logan, you and I are about to take a short walk down memory lane. I need to know every single upgrade that's been made since I've been gone."

"Why?" Storm demanded eyeing Victor with blatant hostility.

"Because," Scott grinned. "Carnage doesn't have an off switch and she's not going to be particular about who she kills."

"Carnage?" Logan growled his face paling.

"Yeah, she's part of Excalibur and the Weapon X program." Scott retorted and nodded at Victor and Mary. "See to it."

"It's done." Victor patted Mary on the shoulder, turned and vanished out the door leaving the foyer in tense silence.