Pietro glanced at his watch. “I’m going to make a phone call and then we need to head out.”

As he headed for the hallway he nodded to Jaime. “You’re in charge of loading the van.”

Jaime nodded and mumbled under his breath. “I’m always the one doing the heavy lifting.”

Logan noticed Wanda was still eyeing him.

“Is that your mutant power? To observe.”

Wanda smirked. “What, Wolverine, you don’t like the attention? I’m shocked.”

“What is your problem?”

She narrowed her eyes. “If you want it that simply, my problem is you.”

“Wanda,” Jaime half-heartedly warned.

“You don’t even know me,” Logan retorted.

“At this point I’d say you don’t even know yourself but I know all there is to know about you.”

“I have no idea what your problem is and I don’t give a shit.”

Jaime leaned off the wall as he ignored the fuming Wanda and moved closer towards Logan.

“She has issues with you. Kind of blames you for the shit with Rogue.”

“Jaime,” Wanda hissed.

Jaime shrugged unaffected but he turned his gaze away.

“What the fuck do you care? You weren’t friends with her until after her and I were over.”

“See that’s just it, you weren’t fucking over. You wanna know what one of the telling signs was with Rogue that something was up with her in the past months.” Wanda raised both her eyebrows at his sudden quietness and continued on. “You, Wolverine. You were suddenly a topic.”

Logan failed to hide the surprise in his eyes.

“And you wanna know why that was so god damn off putting? She never mentioned you once in the two years I knew her and I mean everyone pretty much knew about your past relationship. I mean the Wolverine and the Rogue of the X-Men, the powerhouse couple and of course the reputations you both earned after you broke up. But despite that history she never talked about it until suddenly things started hitting the fan.”

“And how is that my fault?” Logan barked with anger.

“Because,” Wanda spoke up. “You let it all fall apart in the first place. And where were you while she was being shot down in the middle of some deserted street? You had your dick in some other whore’s...”

“Shut up,” Logan snapped; his eyes furious. “Shut the fuck up. You think you know everything? Huh?!” he demanded. “Seems to me like you had the shades on when it came to your dear friend Rogue,” he continued to spat and refused to acknowledge that his voice cracked. “She was the one who cheated on me. She was the one who decided it was over. That I wasn’t going to be a part of her life.”

Wanda didn’t even flinch. “And you just let her go.”

Logan’s eyes widened. “By the time I’d found out she wasn’t just fucking one other guy in the mansion but two, I’m pretty sure it was no longer in my hands.”

Wanda still didn’t seem surprised by his information.

“And that was that then.”

Logan’s eyes hardened. “She knew how I felt, what it meant for us to be in a relationship and she threw it away. She made me into a fool.”

“Oh there’s no doubt about that,” Wanda remarked.

“You make it seem like somehow it was my fault. But you want to know what the worst part was, when she said she loved me, she meant it, she wasn’t lying but her actions spoke more.”

“Did you ever ask her why?” Wanda asked suddenly reserved.

Logan’s eyes snapped up to face her gaze as he snarled. “How could she have done that to me? To us?”

“That wasn’t the question,” Wanda responded. “I said why? You ever ask her why she did it, not how could she.”

“It was pretty obvious why,” he spat bitterly.

Wanda moved to follow where her brother had left moments before, the conversation apparently over.

She paused before turning the corner. “If you think it was because you weren’t enough for her, well,” she paused again. “Even I can’t pretend that was true,” she finished and left.

Logan creased his forehead in confusion. “What the hell does that mean?”

“It means,” Jaime began and Logan turned suddenly remembering the strange conversation he had just had hadn’t been private. “That for all of Wanda’s bravado and anger, she doesn’t really hate you. A lot of that anger is for Rogue up and dying on us and well you’re the closest thing that she sees right now as her emotional punching bag.”

“Yeah well that ends now.”

Jaime nodded.

“Can I ask you a question?” Logan asked offhand.

“Sure.”

“What was Rogue like as your friend?”

Jaime smiled. “She was a bit of a loose cannon.”

Logan snorted.

“But she was a loyal friend, which makes it hard for me to imagine the Rogue you knew.”

“I knew many different Rogues,” Logan spoke solemnly. “But in the end I finished with one I didn’t recognize.”

Jaime nodded. “Love’s a bitch man.”

Logan glared at him.

“Sorry,” he remarked. Jaime glanced sheepishly at the ground for a second. “Mind giving me a hand?” He motioned towards the door where the casket lay behind.

Logan stepped forward, his answer already clear. “They aren’t coming back down to assist?”

“Nah, I’m sure just you and me can handle it,” he answered. “Oh and me and me,” he remarked as he multiplied right in front of Logan and two more Jaime’s stood in front of the door.

“Somehow I don’t think I’m going to get use to that,” Logan remarked and shook his head as he passed through the threshold once again where he was faced with his failed past.