Author's Chapter Notes:
Just a quick note: Wanda in this story is based off of the version from X-Men: Evolution, mainly the fact that she has a bit of an attitude.
“Sunny place you got going on here,” Logan muttered as he rubbed his hands in the cold damp air of the alleyway.

Wanda rolled her eyes at him as she knocked three times on the steel door before them.

“Jaime, its Wanda,” she spoke clearly as her brother kept a look out.

The fact that the two of them had become gradually more tense since leaving the motel did nothing to sooth Logan’s wariness.

The door clanged from the inside and was followed by the screech of metal scrapping as the door shifted and opened for Wanda. Logan followed as Pietro slipped behind them.

Another young man stood in front of Logan with a disarming smile as he nodded at the three of them. He was even taller than Pietro but not nearly as intimidating as his dirty blonde locks of loose hair seemed to match his easy going demeanour.

“Any problems?” Pietro asked very businesslike.

“Not any new problems if that’s what you mean,” Jaime smirked.

When Pietro frowned Jaime bashfully rubbed the back of his neck as his smirk fell. “Sorry, it’s a habit you know, using humour in these times.”

Pietro eyed him.

“No, no problems,” Jaime muttered.

The hallway they were in was dark and Logan could barely make out the stairs that were leading down. Wanda started heading for them. “Jaime,” she called over her shoulder as she descended. “Meet Logan, the Wolverine.”

She soon disappeared down into the depths of the basement and was followed by her suddenly silent brother whose silver hair shone in the darkness.

“Nice to meet you, Wolverine,” Jaime spoke as he held out his hand. “The name’s Jaime.”

Logan eyed his outstretched hand with one perfectly raised eyebrow and gazed after where both Pietro and Wanda had disappeared to.

“Aw, don’t be put off by the Maximoff twins,” he smirked as his eyes twinkled. “And don’t think the rest of us don’t know how to communicate without sneering. It tends to be just a Maximoff thing.”

Logan grunted and found nothing false in the man’s good nature and shook his hand. “Call me Logan.”

“Jaime,” Wanda’s voice called up from the darkness with impatience.

Jaime nodded his head at Logan and beckoned him to follow him down the stairs. It was a long flight of stairs but by the time they reached the bottom Logan found himself in a new hallway lit with brighter blue lights. At the end of the hallway both Pietro and Wanda stood waiting outside a door beside a man who Logan realized looked exactly like Jaime.

“Your brother?”

Jaime smiled and slipped past Logan to stand beside his twin. The twin raised his hand towards Logan and introduced himself as they shook.

“The name’s Jaime.”

Both of Logan’s eyebrows rose up.

“What?”

Both Jaime’s turned and smirked at each other before suddenly the air between them blurred and one absorbed the other.

“Quit showing off,” Pietro commanded dryly.

The single Jaime shrugged his shoulders at Logan and leaned in. “I’m also called Multiple Man.”

“Interesting gift you got goin’ on there,” Logan replied.

Jaime winked at him. “You have no idea. The ladies...love it.”

“Jaime,” Wanda snapped. “Have you forgotten where we are? What we are doing?”

Jaime glowered at her. “No, Wanda,” he responded solemnly. “Forgive me for trying to survive by looking on the bright side.”

“Enough,” Pietro interrupted as he stepped between the two, no doubt sensing Wanda’s retort. “I believe Wolverine wishes to see what’s behind this door.”

“I doubt he wishes it,” Jaime muttered uncharacteristically sour.

All three of them looked at Logan with unwavering gazes.

“Well,” Wanda interjected. “Are you going to open the door or not? You do know how to open a door, don’t you?”

Logan glared at her.

“Must be hard,” Pietro spoke up, surprisingly soft. “Trying to decide if you’d rather it be a trap or the truth we speak.”

Jaime’s mouth gaped open. “You mean he doesn’t believe that...”

Pietro’s sharp eyes snapped at Jaime for silence.

“No,” Jaime argued back. “You can’t just throw him in there and...”

“Jaime, shouldn’t someone be on look out,” Wanda spoke.
Jaime smirked. “I’m good at my job Wanda, don’t assume all of the me’s are standing here with you.”

His response surprisingly caused Wanda to smile.

Pietro opened the door as Logan felt a sense of fear encompassed by a rolling sense of the unknown sweep over him like a tidal wave. He realized suddenly he didn’t want that door to open but it was too late.

“We’ll give you a moment,” Pietro spoke quietly behind him as his feet shuffled forward all on his own and the door clanged shut behind him.

But all the noise behind him was forgotten as the scene before him knocked the breath right out of him. There was only one thing in the room and it was a coffin.