Pietro didn’t bother to knock as he glanced at his sister once before pushing past the door. He turned his nose up at touching the dirty door handle. His eyes sought the Wolverine as he wiped his hand on his long black coat that covered all the way past his deep forest green t-shirt and his black jeans.

“From the mansion to this,” he observed as he glanced at the stoic like Wolverine who simply sat on the edge of the bed dressed in jeans, a white undershirt, an open flannel top and his beat up leather jacket. “How pitiful,” Pietro finished.

Wolverine grunted as he raised the beer he was holding up to his lips for a mouthful. “You must be Pie Troll.”

Pietro grimaced and was annoyed to find Wolverine had yet to even acknowledge them with eye contact. “That’s not even close to how my name sounds.”

Logan shrugged as he tilted his head back to finish his beer before reaching for another.

“I thought you instructed him to be sober,” Wanda spoke from behind her brother as she moved around the room, her nose scrunched up in plain disgust.

Logan suddenly eyed Wanda with hostility.

“Who are you?”

Wanda smirked as she glided around the room. “Why the need to know my name Wolverine, it’s not like you need it to fuck me.” She emphasized her point by raising her eyebrows at the pair of purple lacy underwear that was dangling from the ceiling fan.

A trickle of a growl slipped past his lips in warning.

“How does a man get to this point?” She mused suddenly.

“Even a beast has standards in choosing its mate.”

Logan stilled on the bed as his muscles went taunt.

Pietro sighed dramatically as he dropped into one of the chairs gracefully despite the fact that he allowed one leg to drape over the arm of the chair.

“Don’t you know sister,” he started as he sneered at Logan. “The story goes that some girl broke his heart. Shattered it to pieces. Piece by Piece.”

Logan’s growl got louder as he kept his eyes on the ground.

“By piece,” Wanda interjected and Logan’s eyes snapped up to watch her and then moved back with a glare towards Pietro.

“Now in revenge he lives his life comforted by his booze, by his nameless women.”

“Oh you sure showed her,” Wanda added in amusement.

Logan snarled and threw his beer at Wanda who ducked easily but his body was already launched towards Pietro with his fists out. He expected to make contact but he was surprised when all he saw was a green blur and he felt a hit to the back of his head as he tumbled into the chair. Snarling he turned around and was surprised to find Pietro standing tall in front of him.

“Don’t tell me the Wolverine is losing his edge,’ Pietro mocked. “Here,” he added as he reached down for another beer and threw it at Logan. “One for the road.”

“What the hell do you people want?” Logan yelled.
Pietro quirked his head and glanced at his sister. “Have you already forgotten what we discussed, Logan?”

Logan narrowed his eyes. “Seems to me you’re just a bunch of mutants looking to get your rocks off somehow. In fact, you remind me exactly of the type of people Rogue would run with. So what is she, outside? Figured she’d come have some more fun at my expense.”

Wanda’s face fell. “He doesn’t believe it’s true.”

Pietro eyed his sister before setting his steel like eyes on Logan. “Oh part of him does, it’s just that the other half that’s unwilling to accept its true is winning at the moment and anger is so much better then pain isn’t it Logan. The dull haze of alcohol is so much better than the burning sensation of reality.”

“Show me then,” Logan snapped.

“You’d have to come with us,” Wanda responded.

Logan bared his teeth. “And who exactly are you people?”

“Well as you have just experienced, my sister and I are both mutants. My name is Pietro but I also go by the name Quicksilver.”

“I am Wanda also known as Scarlet Witch.”

Pietro’s lips twitched suddenly into a smile. “And yes we were friends of Rogue’s.”

“Which makes me less inclined to trust you,” Logan grunted.

“She really did a number on you didn’t she,” Wanda remarked dryly.

“Wanda!” Pietro snapped suddenly.

Pietro eyed the sliver tips that were sticking out of Logan’s knuckles. “No need for violence, Wolverine.”

“Yeah, well you two ain’t said anything to make me wanna sit around and be civil discussing the weather.”

Pietro sighed and headed towards the door.

“We’ll take you to her, Logan.” His eyes were suddenly earnest. “Believe me I wish this was a trap because then it wouldn’t be true.” He paused as he opened the door. “You can follow on your bike as I’m sure we haven’t reached that point yet were you’d be willing to share a ride.”

Logan snorted as Pietro disappeared through the door.

He eyed Wanda as she followed her brother. She too stopped at the door as her eyes flickered towards the lacy underwear still hanging from the ceiling fan.

“Don’t forget your souvenir.”