“Oh!” Heather gasped as she stumbled out of the bathroom and was confronted by Logan.

“You change your mind?” she leered.

His nose twitched and his frown turned into a glare as he pulled at the hem of her shirt and brought her forward.

“I knew you couldn’t resist…”

She trailed off as she noticed his sudden attention to the fresh specks of red on her top. Suddenly, put off by the stillness to his body she moved to step back but he growled low and she froze as his eyes moved up and met hers.

“I swear I didn’t touch her, she just started…”

He shoved her aside and slammed through the bathroom door.

“Rogue?” he called out as he moved through the second door, the sound of rushing water in his ears.

“Rogue!” he demanded as he moved around the wall. “Shit!”

Moving quickly he was on his knees by her still body in a flash.

His fingers reached out and tilted her head towards him as she appeared unconscious. There was blood around her lips. His nose twitched and he followed the trail of blood towards the counter top and sink.

“Rogue,” he hissed as he tapped her pale cheeks lightly.

“Wake up damn it!”

Sighing, he reached up and turned the tap off as he listened to her steady heart beat.

“Marie,” he whispered as he caressed her cheek.

She moaned quietly and he leant back in relief. Slowly, her eyes opened. She blinked twice gradually before focusing on him.

“Logan?” her voice strained and groggy.

“Yeah.”

“What yah doin’ in the girls bathroom?”

“You tell me.”

Frowning at him she moved to sit up as he helped her stand.

“Found you unconscious on the floor, hacking up blood.”

“Oh,” she muttered a bit unfocused and met her reflection in the mirror. “Ew,” she remarked at the blood on her lips. Leaning forward she turned the tap on and rinsed her mouth out.

Ignoring Logan’s concerned gaze she reached into the sink and pulled something out.

“I guess that explains the stomach ache,” she commented as she threw something at him and made her way towards the door.

Catching the small shiny object in his palm he gazed in uncertainty at it. Holding it up in the light between his thumb and finger, he made out the bullet.

“I just hope that was the only one left,” she threw aside as she sauntered through the door.

“What the fuck….” Logan whispered and then frowned at the closing door.

Speeding through the door he caught up to Rogue as she slipped through a side exit.

“Rogue I’m getting real tired of chasing after you,” he yelled, mindful of the group of smokers standing in a group by the door.

Rogue twirled around. “Then why don’t you go back inside.”

“Look,” he snarled as he towered over her. “I have a million and fucking one questions I need answered from you but right now, after that fucking display I want to know what the fuck this is about!” he emphasized by holding the bullet up in her face.

“It’s a souvenir, don’t you like it?”

Scowling at her he grabbed her arm and yanked her closer.

“Is everything a god damn joke to you?”

“Let me go Logan,” she seethed.

“No,” he hissed back. “I’ve been moving around the country on next to no sleep in a van with three fucking strangers, been chased by a corpse, been shot at and I want some answers NOW!”

She pursed her lips at him. “Well you see Logan, it’s really quite simple, the answer’s right in front of you.”

“Stop with the games.”

“Use your head Logan; I know you’re not as dumb as you pretend to be.”

His hand tightened on her arm and she grimaced.

“How,” he spoke low. “Did you come back from the dead?”

“I’ve done it before.”

His expression was startled as he pulled back a little.

“Come on Logan, don’t tell me you’ve forgotten, all those years ago, atop of the Statue of Liberty where you played my knight in shining armour.”

“I’ve never forgotten,” he whispered back, his eyes stern.

She smiled a little.

“But I brought you back, I healed you.”

“What makes you think it was different this time?”

He shook his head slowly. “Stop it, Rogue. Stop messing with me. I wasn’t there when it happened this time. When…when I saw your body, you were dead, your skin was inactive, I never felt the pull.”

“Maybe you weren’t looking close enough.”

“Stop twisting your words. Just tell me the truth!”

“I did,” she yelled in his face. “Let me go, Logan!”

She yanked herself out of his grip and stepped back suddenly hysterical. One of the smokers yelped beside them as his whole cigarette flashed into one full flame.

“Shit,” he exclaimed as he threw it down and stomped on it. His drunken buddies laughed at him.

Distracted by the sudden outburst Logan moved his gaze back at Rogue who was looking at the group with an odd sense of alarm.

“Rogue,” Logan stepped forward but she turned and took off anxiously as she made her way across the parking lot towards the motel.

Catching up to her at the door he could smell a burst of fear on her. “What’s wrong?”

She whipped her head around and faced him with wide eyes.

“I just want to lie down, go to sleep. Is that okay with you?” she snapped.

He shrugged. “Don’t have the keys, do yah?”

Glowering at him she stepped into the light. “Do you always have to be so smug?”

Reaching into his pocket he pulled out the keys and dangled them in front of him.

“Fine,” Rogue fumed as she turned to leave.

“I’ll let you in Rogue.”

She watched him keenly as she turned back to the door.

“But I want you to know something.”

“Goody,” she spat.

“We don’t have time for you to string us along as you please. Whoever you pissed off when you were previously alive, are after you. And when they find out that you’re actually alive, I’m assuming they’ll be very interested. They’ve already gunned us down once just to get hold of your supposed dead body, to burn. Now if I’m to be shot at again, I want to know the fucking reason.”

Rogue remained quite as she blended into the shadows.

“It’s a government faction, isn’t it Rogue. Who did you piss off?”

When she didn’t answer he manoeuvred himself into the shadows beside her. “I got your package, Rogue,” he growled low.

He knew he had her attention as her head cocked to the side. “Did ya, now,” she whispered.

“How did you get a hold of my information?”

He pressed her further as he invaded her space and had her pinned against the door.

“Is this about me, Rogue? Did you get yourself mixed up in my past? Is that why the government is…”

“Oh yes, Logan,” she suddenly arched forward in his face and yelled sarcastically. “Everything’s always about you isn’t it!”

She was shaking as he stared at her in mild shock at her blow up. She snatched the keys from his hands surprisingly quick and proceeded to jam them in the door.

Yanking the door opening she turned and glared at him.

“Why are you even here, Logan!?”

Before he could answer she slammed the door in his face, once again cutting him off.