“This isn’t exactly what I had in mind,” Jaime whined as he threw his duffle bag on one of the double beds.

“It’s a bed isn’t it?” Wanda shot back at him.

“Yeah, yeah,” he mumbled back. “But your brother rolls in his sleep.”

“You two could share a bed,” Pietro added with mirth as he walked into the large motel room.

Wanda rolled her eyes as Jaime smirked at her.

“Wanda and Rogue will have the other bed,” Logan instructed as he followed with a trailing mute Rogue.

“I’ll take the couch.”

Wanda smirked at her brother’s irritated face and sat on the other bed.

Moving through the room Logan glanced out the window as he observed the parking lot. Rogue remained standing in the middle of the room, her eyes wandering around as her fingers absently clutched at the zipper on Logan’s leather jacket.

“Hey Rogue,” Jaime spoke softly from the bed. Her wide eyes snapped in the direction of his voice. “Come take a load off,” he added and patted the bed beside him.

She narrowed her eyes at him and glanced at Logan from out of the corner of her eye but his attention appeared to still be on what lay outside the window. Shuffling forward she sat down hesitantly beside the smiling Jaime and bounced softly on the bed.

Her nostril’s flared out and she cocked her head to the side as she observed Jaime’s smile.

“Ja..ime,” she uttered.

In response Jaime’s smile grew wider even as everyone else in the room turned to focus on them.

“That’s right,” he encouraged and she nodded a little. “I knew you couldn’t forget my charming face.”

Rogue paused and licked her lips as she glanced away from Jaime.

“When’d you get so shy, Roguey?” he sassed her.

She glanced up at him again through her bangs. “Wha…what happened?” she gasped a little.

His smile fell a little as he eyed Logan across the room feeling the other man’s intense stare.

“You don’t remember?”

She shook her head and reached up to graze the side of her forehead. “It’s all…it’s all so fuzzy.”

“What’s the last thing you remember?” Pietro urged her.

Her forehead creased and she appeared to draw back into herself as she gazed at the blank wall ahead of her.

“Pain,” she whispered breathlessly.

Pietro moved forward as he sat beside her on the bed.

“Hey,” he uttered. “You’re okay now.”

She glanced at him with watery eyes and shook her head after a while.

“Hey,” he whispered desperately as he reached for her shaking hand.

She tensed a little but didn’t draw back. “What do you mean no?”

“It will come back,” she whispered and looked away from him.

Pietro glanced up and looked at the both confused Jaime and Wanda but they had nothing to say. He heard movement behind him but refused to acknowledge that Logan was suddenly hovering over the bed.

“It always does,” Rogue whispered to herself and slipped her hand out of Pietro’s grasp.

Pietro sighed as silence over took them all.

“Why don’t you go and take a warm shower, Rogue,” Jaime interrupted the tense silence. “I’m sure you’ll feel better afterwards. Wanda has some extra clothes you can borrow.”

Slowly Rogue nodded her head. “Okay,” she answered numbly.

Standing up she dragged her right foot in front of her left one as she made her way towards the bathroom.

“Here,” Pietro spoke up as he reached to take the over-sized jacket off of her.

Her response was so fast he didn’t have time to respond as a low growl was heard and she whipped around and pushed him back so hard he flew across both beds and landed against the adjacent wall.

“What the hell?” Jaime yelled even as Logan moved across the room and placed his hand on Rogue’s tense shoulder.
Even as Logan moved into her personal space, she appeared conflicted, her eyes blinking several times faster, as though she couldn’t fathom Logan’s sudden presence.

“Go on,” Logan instructed in a gruff voice despite the awkward tension between them. Rogue lowered her eyes and shrugged herself out of his jacket and moved towards the bathroom without a second glance.

Running a hand through his hair Logan swung his jacket over his shoulder and glanced at the fallen Pietro who was being helped to his feet by Wanda.

“What the hell was that about?” Pietro directed at him.

“She growled at me!” he shouted and dusted his sister off of him. “She sounded just like you.”

“She acted just like him,” Wanda added slowly.

“Now I know Rogue can kick ass but I have never seen her throw someone across the room that far like they weighed next to nothing,” Jaime added in surprise.

“That wasn’t like me,” Logan spoke quietly, his eyes on the closed bathroom door. “Even I don’t have that amount of strength,” he finished by nodding in the direction of the newly formed dent in the wall where Pietro had landed.

“We need to get her to a doctor,” Wanda spoke seriously. “Missing memories and whatever the hell that just was aside, she did just come back from the dead. And as her memories become less foggy I have a feeling she’ll be less compliant to our instructions and questions.”

“We can’t just send her to any old doctor, we need one that specializes in mutants,” Pietro indicated.

“Doctor’s don’t usually advertise that,” Jaime added with a frown.

“Logan,” Wanda called in his direction as he stood with his attention on the bathroom door, his head cocked slightly to the side. “Logan!” she hissed quietly.

He turned slowly to meet her gaze.

“Did you hear what I…”

“I heard you,” he interrupted.

“And?”

“She does need to see a doctor soon but I don’t know…”

“Sure you do,” Wanda interjected. “Dr. Jean Grey,” she finished tightly.

“Whoa, Wanda,” Jaime blurted out. “You sure it’s a good idea to get the X-Men involved this late in the game?”

Logan was unusually quiet as his ear closest towards the bathroom twitched as though he heard something they could not.

“Let’s not get ahead of ourselves,” Pietro spoke up.
“Everyone’s a little tense and on edge right now. Why don’t we get something to eat and catch up on some rest and see how Rogue is doing and maybe we can ask her what she wants to do.”

“Oh yeah, ‘cause that worked so well the last time we confronted her about what was going on,” Wanda added flippantly.

“Wanda,” Pietro gritted his teeth. “I meant about the doctor and the choice of the X-men, we can’t force that on her.”

“I might know of someone else that I can try and get in contact with,” Logan spoke up as his dark eyes remained unnervingly focused on the bathroom door.