Logan watched Rogue keenly as she stood stock still in his grip, her eyes darting back and forth around the room but never having the time to focus on anything. She didn’t appear to be aware that he was holding her up.

“If she’d been alive this whole time,” Jaime spoke up with some heat. “Don’t you think she would’ve had some objections to being carted around in a coffin?”

“I was there,” Wanda snapped suddenly. “I was the one who found her body covered in bullet holes and blood, don’t tell me your power didn’t work.” She finished by narrowing her eyes at Dead Girl.

Dead Girl stood up straight. “I can only tell you that my power had no chance to work just this very moment when I touched her. Her body appeared to be alive.”

With no apparent concern Dead Girl made her way towards the door.

“Where do you think you’re going?” Wanda threatened as she moved to cut off her exit.

“There are no dead bodies here,” Dead Girl replied. “My assigned job is non-existent as the target is alive and not susceptible to my powers.”

“Wanda, let her go,” Pietro spoke up.

In response Wanda’s dark eyes flashed towards her brother with an ominous stare.

“You cannot be serious,” she hissed.

Pietro didn’t back down from her stare. “She’s right; she has no purpose for being here anymore, so therefore she is no longer a threat.”

“Magneto...” Wanda began.

“I don’t work for him anymore,” Dead Girl interjected and proceeded to take a step forwards.

“Wait!” Wanda yelled.

“Wanda,” Pietro spoke low.

Wanda proceeded to hold her hand up and ignored her brother as her eyes focused on Logan and Rogue who were both quiet.

“Logan,” she called out but his attention was on Rogue.

“Logan!” she yelled again and slowly his intense gaze found hers.

He was unnaturally quiet and they all picked up on how still his body suddenly was.

“She was dead wasn’t she?” Wanda asked him. “Rogue she was...”

“Yes,” he hissed back.

“And now, with your senses can you confirm she’s...”

Logan turned back to focus on Rogue who was oblivious to them. His eyes roved her body with an intense observing heat.

“Logan...” Wanda began but he interrupted her.

“She’s alive now,” he began his voice low and gravelly. “She’s breathing. She has a heartbeat. She’s warm,” he finished.

Jaime noticeably raised both his eyebrows up at the last part of Logan’s words as everyone else remained quiet.

“If my power had worked she would have no noticeable breath, no heartbeat and....” Dead Girl paused as a foreign smile appeared on her face. “She certainly wouldn’t be warm.”

“Wanda, let her go we have other things to deal with right now,” Pietro spoke with command, but his eyes kept darting towards Rogue and Logan as a frown crossed his face.

Wanda hesitated a moment before glaring at Dead Girl and stepping back.

Without any more concern for them Dead Girl left and didn’t turn back.

“So,” Jaime began. “One Dead Girl leaves and now we have one Non- Dead Girl,” he stumbled as he glanced at Rogue with an attempt at humour but she didn’t acknowledge them.

Logan directed Rogue towards the door.

“What are you doing?” Pietro demanded suddenly.

Logan’s harsh stare met his. “Thought she might like to sit down.”

“Why don’t you ask her if that’s what she wants?”

“Can’t,” Logan gruffly responded as he continued through the door. “She’s in shock.”


“Pietro,” Wanda directed towards her brother in warning as Jaime followed after Logan and Rogue. “Do try not to let your sudden re-born jealousy mess things up.”

“Be quiet,” he spat back.

“You’re projecting it like an open book. You were the one who suggested we involve him in this.”

“Wanda, I’m warning you just shut up,” he snapped.

“You’re losing your cool brother. It was alright to have him around when Rogue was dead because then he wasn’t competition but now, now you have to witness the reality that you have never had the ability to face and that is Rogue cares for you and perhaps even loves you but she does not love you the way you want her to.”

Pietro turned from his sister with a grimace on his face.

“I accept it sister,” he hissed lowly. “It’s just a bit of a surprise, a good surprise to see her alive again and then – then too see him holding her. Where was he the past year?”

Wanda sighed. “It could be said the same of her, Pietro. Where was she when he needed her, when he was losing himself? You may know Rogue and you may know parts of Logan but you do not know them as a couple. You told me not to question their past relationship once, as though you saw something I didn’t at the time. We aren’t here to understand it, we’re here because of our friend and she’s sitting out there confused and in shock when we should be celebrating that something good came out of this.”

Pietro sighed. “When did you get so level-headed in all this?”

“I think it’s just been the stress of all this, it’s kind of levelled itself out,” she answered with a sympathetic gaze towards her brother.

Pietro nodded. “We still need lots of answers.”

“Yes,” Wanda admitted as she glanced at the door. “Something tells me though that Rogue won’t be any more open about those answers then before she died.”

“Yeah, well there are a few more questions to add,” Pietro began as he made his way towards the door. “Like how did she come back from the dead?”