Logan’s eyes darted towards the door that was still closed.

“There’s no need to involve your friends,” Dead Girl spoke quietly still; she hadn’t moved an inch in front of him. “No need for violence.”

“The fact that you came in by crawling through the ceiling kind of sets the tone on our involvement.”

“I’ve just come for one touch,” she replied very robotic like.

“Not happening.”

Her head quirked to the side as her eerie dark eyes watched him like a hawk. “I could give you the opportunity to make your peace with her. Settle whatever there is between you that was unresolved in her life.”

Logan turned his head slightly towards the coffin keeping the other mutant in sight.

“No,” he replied harshly. “I won’t let you bring her back for anyone else’s means, not mine and certainly not Magneto’s.”

“I promise to return her back to her present state afterwards, if that’s what you are worried about.”

“No,” he snapped again. “She deserves her peace.”

Dead Girl’s pale lips thinned. “What about my peace?” she snapped.

“I ain’t here to hear your melodrama. You’re treating this like a business transaction.”

“It is,” she replied once again neutral.

“How much is Magneto paying you that you’re willing to lose another limb?” he spoke nodding to her clearly reattached hand.

“It is really less of a concern to me then you think. My curse is my job.”

“You could just walk away,” he responded.

Slowly she shook her head.

“Fine then,” he began as his claws slid out on either
hand. “You’re not goin’ like how this goes.”

A small smile moved across her pale blue face harshly.

“You amuse me.”

A feral smirk grazed his lips in response. “That’s not all I’m goin’ do.”

Lunging at her with a growl she side stepped him and caught him with a kick to his kidneys.

“I may be dead but I’m still kicking,” she responded as she threw a right fist his way.

Ducking he caught her in the mid section and threw her against the wall. She landed with a loud bang as the plaster cracked under her body but she was barely winded.
Across the room she scowled at him in sudden irritation.

“What the hell is going on in here?!” Jaime yelled suddenly as he opened the door. “Oh shit!” he exclaimed as he spotted Dead Girl.

Surprising him, Dead Girl kicked at the door forcing him back out as the door snapped shut under her strength.

Moving forward she eyed him in anticipation. “No more interruptions,” she grated.

“This coming from the girl who dropped down from the ceiling.”

She quirked her head at him but her attention was suddenly on the coffin, her movements indicating her next actions.

Leaping forward, Logan moved to intercept her and landed a kick in her mid section as she flew against the door.
Standing up straight Logan watched the door in confusion as an orange light appeared around its edges and seemed to get brighter and brighter.

His eyes grew wide as he heard the humming sound and he jumped to the side as the door appeared to explode forward even as Dead Girl leant against it for support.
There was a loud pop that occurred in his ears as wood splintered around him. Crouched low against the wall, he opened his eyes as he watched an angry Wanda move into the room, followed by Pietro and Jaime. Their lips were moving but he couldn’t make out the words, there was a continuous buzzing in his ears. He oddly felt like he was under water or trapped in a fog of some sort. Pietro moved to lean down beside him but although he wasn’t far away, it looked to him as though Pietro was moving agonizingly slow.

As he got closer he could slowly make out the other mutant’s words. “Wanda’s hex backfired,” Pietro spoke slowly. “It should fix itself quickly.” He paused as he frowned towards his sister. “It can happen when her emotions aren’t focused, when she’s...”

“For example suddenly, erratically angry,” Jaime chimed in.

Standing up, Logan moved forward but found his body felt unnaturally heavy and his movements weighed down.

Wanda kept her attention forward and Logan noticed her clenching and unclenching her fists. “Sorry,” she murmured.

Glancing forward, Logan wasn’t sure her apology was going to be enough. The force of the explosion had thrown Dead Girl towards the coffin. The lid was blown off, leaving Rogue’s body open and Dead Girl was somewhere on the other side no doubt recuperating faster than them.

“Can’t you do anything,” he directed towards Wanda as he spotted Dead Girl’s hand rise up on the wall as she pulled herself up.

“If I do it will only make things worse,” Wanda replied.

“You just had to come charging in here,” Logan snapped back.

“You were in trouble,” she spat back. “And so was Rogue.”

“I was handling it until you let your PMS get the better of you.”

Her eyes lit up in rage in front of him. “You bastard...”

“Uh, guys,” Jaime interrupted. “Now’s really not the time.”

Dead Girl was fully standing over Rogue’s body. Looking up she smiled at them once before reaching for Rogue’s bare cheek.

Pietro suddenly stepped forward as he used his power and charged at her. Unfortunately, because of the backfired hex, time appeared to slow as the green and black blur became sluggish and stopped about two feet from Dead Girl.

“Damn it!” Pietro yelled.

Logan could only watch helplessly as Dead Girl reached out and touched Rogue. Collectively they seemed to hold their breath at the contact.

“No!” Logan yelled but it was too late.

Dead Girl’s pale bare hand caressed Rogue’s bare cheek.

All four of them waited a beat, their breath held collectively.

Nothing happened at the contact.

Dead Girl frowned and eyed Logan before touching Rogue again.

“Uh shouldn’t something be happening?” Jaime spoke up.

Suddenly, the haze Logan felt himself in appeared to lift itself, as the after effects of Wanda’s backfired hex disappeared and he was able to move forward. Pietro however was the closest and took Dead Girl down as he pushed her out of the way.

Logan raced over towards the coffin but was startled when suddenly there was a sharp loud intake of breath and Rogue’s body sprang up halfway out of the coffin. Her eyes were wide and frightened as she struggled for air. She appeared oblivious to them as she ran her hands franticly across her stomach.

“Marie...” Logan gasped in shock as he heard the other’s behind him shout her name.

Her hand gripped the edge of the coffin as her breathing started to slow and she turned slightly to meet his gaze. Her eyes were still wild and watery but he spotted the sudden confusion that seeped into them.

“You little bitch,” Wanda yelled suddenly as she hovered over Dead Girl. “You actually did it!”

“No,” Dead Girl responded in an unusual emotive tone as she displayed shock. “My power didn’t work.”

Tentatively, Logan moved forward and reached out for Rogue but she jumped slightly in the coffin. Her eyes gazed down and when she realized she was in a coffin she became anxious and almost toppled out of it before Logan caught her and steadied her. She didn’t fight him but he could tell she wasn’t exactly fully aware of what was going on.

“What do you mean your power didn’t work?” Pietro snapped.

“There was no way,” Dead Girl responded.

“What?” Jaime questioned.

“There was no way my power could work,” Dead Girl replied. “She was alive already.”