“You have a package for a Logan?” Logan muttered to the sleepy eyed clerk behind the post office desk.

Stifling a yawn, the man regarded him unenthusiastically.

“Just Logan?” he remarked with an air of sarcasm.

“Yeah,” Logan grunted and glanced out the window as people started to make their way through the street as the day started.

Shrugging his shoulders the clerk scratched the back of his head and turned towards the back. When he paused to pour himself a cup of coffee Logan barely resisted the urge to bark at him to hurry up. The sound of the coffee pot clicking back into its spot was a sudden relief to Logan as the clerk finally disappeared to the back.

“Well, ‘just Logan’,” the clerk spoke up as he came out. “Seems there was a package for you.”

Logan eyed the large package wrapped in brown paper with curiosity. The package sure was bigger than just a small white envelope.

“Just sign here,” the man mumbled into his coffee mug as he passed him a slip of paper.

Leaning down Logan scribbled his signature and grabbed the package.

The clerk glanced at the paper and snorted as he read what Logan had scribbled. “Just Logan.”

Smirking to himself Logan pushed the door open.

“Smartass,” he heard just as the door closed behind him.

Making his way through the streets, Logan knew he didn’t have a lot of time to spare before any of the others realized he had stepped outside for more than just a smoke.

Spotting their present hide out through the parking lot, Logan hurried his steps as he reached the door. Glancing around for anybody he paused when a sudden scent infiltrated his senses.

Tensing he had his eyes on the corner of the building as Jaime came strutting around it and leant against the wall.

“Seems you went for more than just a smoke,” the other mutant stated with an equally amused but suspecting gaze.

Feeling the package shift inside his jacket he’d hidden it in, Logan turned to fully regard the mutant.

“Thought I saw a familiar car lurking around across the parking lot,” he replied. “You checking up on me?”

Jaime shrugged and pushed off against the wall. “You forget I can be in more than one place at a time.”

Logan smirked precariously. “Like I said, you checking up on me?”

Jaime continued to watch him but smiled suddenly. “What’s there to check up on?” he replied calmly. “You were just checking the perimeter.”

“Although,” he started with a pause. “That late night phone call is a bit of an interest.”

“It was nothing,” Logan grunted.

“You don’t strike me as the type of guy who has many people he’d bother calling at that time of night.”

“Do I strike you as the type of guy who likes to be interrogated by some punk,” he grated back.

Jaime eyed him for a second before holding his hands up.

“No need to turn amongst ourselves,” he replied and smirked. “I ain’t looking for trouble. Lighten up man.”

“Yeah, well seems to me everything’s one big fucking joke to you,” he snapped and reached for the door handle.

He sensed the sudden change in Jaime without even bothering to glance back at him.

“Don’t think just because I don’t sit around scowling like the rest of you means I don’t care,” he muttered sternly. “She was my friend too.”

Logan closed his eyes as he sighed and muttered with less heat than before. “Yeah well I ain’t your friend.”

“Hey, I ain’t looking for us to co-sign a lease or form a two man folk band but we’re in this together right now and the way I see it, you knew Rogue, I knew Rogue, we both cared about Rogue, at the very least...,” he trailed off and Logan finally glanced back at him. “We’re acquaintances.”

“Fine,’ Logan growled past his teeth.

Moving past him Jaime opened the door. “Besides I was just making sure nothing had happened to you, what with government agents and the walking dead after us, I don’t take my jobs lightly.”

“Whatever,” Logan grunted.

Jaime rolled his eyes and started to move inside. “You know you and Wanda are actually a lot alike, very conversational. See Rogue,” he paused even as he kept moving through the building. “Rogue, she was a challenge; she had a sass that kept even me on my toes.”

Shaking his head behind Jaime, Logan felt the tension in his shoulders level out a bit as he smirked after the other mutant. The guy really wasn’t so bad and he was one of the few who had last been around Rogue, one of the few who even presently talked about her in a positive sense and really he couldn’t fault the guy for it. In fact it was refreshing.