“No, no baby...” he slurred through a rough chuckle.“That ain’t how you do it at all.”

The feminine giggle on his left caused his lips to twitch into a small smirk that turned into a full smile as it was followed by another feminine giggle on his right. He smiled drunkenly at the two blondes on either side of him draped in the wooden booth of the bar.

“Show me how to do it Wolverine,” the taller of the blondes purred in his ear and threw her head back as she laughed drunkenly.

His eyebrows rose up in amusement as his chest puffed out in ridiculous pride. “Well I am the best at what I do,” he whispered suggestively unconcerned by the loud music that flowed through the smoky and crowded bar.

Pulling his arm up from behind the blonde on his right he reached up and grabbed the cigar that dangled from his lips and passed it towards her to hold. When her face turned up in slight disgust he frowned for a moment in annoyance and something else that was quickly forgotten as she leant forward and he had a better view of her cleavage. His smile widened as he suddenly barked with laughter and put the cigar out on the table. Leaning forward he captured her lips in a sloppy kiss and murmured against her lips, “It’s okay baby, I have something better for you later to put in your mouth.”

The blonde continued to giggle incoherently.

“Wolverine,” the voice on his left whined.

“Right, right,” he slurred and turned around. “Let me show you how it’s done.”

Both of the women’s hands slid over his thighs under the table as they watched his hands move over the table towards the bottle of tequila. “Now it ain’t even about being a pussy or a lightweight,” he spoke as he poured the tequila into three shot glasses. “It’s about style, flavour and taste and that’s why, baby,’ he continued as he lifted up his shot glass to the left blonde and clinked it with hers. “You lick the salt first, down the shot and suck on the lemon.”

“Ohhh, I think I get the sucking part,’ she purred.

“I’m sure you do.” He smirked back and clicked their glasses once more and licked the salt off her hand and downed his shot. With a languorous move he put the lemon in his mouth the opposite way as she leant forward and sucked on it and kissed his lips around it.

“I definitely prefer your way.”

“I knew you would,” he spoke before leaning in and kissing her.

“Heather, stop hogging him all to yourself,” the girl on his right moaned.

Heather pulled back from kissing him with a dazed look and smiled. “It’s not my fault you can’t keep up Candy.”

“Hey, now,” Logan laughed deeply. “There’s plenty to go around. Believe me,” he finished with a leer and turned around to kiss Candy.

Heather pouted and kissed his neck softly as she dragged her lips down his corded muscles and rubbed his hand in hers. Bringing his large hand up to her face as he was distracted by Candy she swirled her tongue around one of his fingers and sucked it inside of her mouth. His body jumped slightly under her touch and she smirked.

Moving her lips up his fingers she kissed his knuckles softly and he suddenly jumped under the table, and his hand was a blur as he gripped her wrist hard.

“Don’t do that,” he warned a sudden steeliness to his gaze.

“I’m sorry,’ she gasped. “It’s just after watching you fight all those men in the cage tonight...”

“I ain’t lookin’ for tenderness sweetheart.”

Heather gulped slightly and nodded not understanding exactly what she had done wrong.

Logan shook his head and scowled for a moment before reaching for the bottle blindly and chugging the rest of the contents back as quickly as possible. When he placed the bottle back down on the table he already had a smile plastered on his face and he nuzzled both the women’s necks, putting them back at ease.

He was still noticeably tense and Candy’s next words didn’t help at all. “Wolverine,” she whispered in his ear. “Can we go in the cage and...”

“No!” he barked the coldness back in his eyes.

He closed his eyes quickly and took a deep breath as he spotted the beer in front of him and downed it in three big gulps.

“Don’t worry ladies, I’ve got a room,” he spoke and motioned towards the passing waitress for more drinks. “That’s where the real fun begins.”

He leered at them both as a pitcher of beer was placed on the table. “And you ladies still want to have fun don’t you?”

“Oh yes,” Candy gasped as both her and Heather giggled again.

“Good.”

***

Across the room two people sat in another booth watching the three people with undisguised interest.

“Dear God...” the woman remarked with obvious disdain.

The man sitting across from her took a moment to continue watching the displays of the three people.

“Well you can’t say he’s a man lacking confidence,” he spoke with amusement but his gaze held a sense of similar disdain that the woman’s words had carried.

“It’s pathetic,” the woman responded.

“Yes,” he remarked dryly.

“He’s like a dog in heat.”

“That’s only the beginning of it.”

The woman eyed him across the table. “How the hell is any of this suppose to work Pietro?”

Pietro ran a hand through his silver hair and narrowed his eyes at his sister. “I don’t know yet, Wanda,” he finished by grounding out her name. “If you’re worried he’s going to jump you well...” he paused to gaze back at Logan and the two girls before back at what his sister was wearing. “Maybe you shouldn’t wear so much red.”

Wanda looked down at her red leather pants and nodded her head at her red jacket as well that covered her black tank top.

“I mean he does have a thing for red.”

“Did have a thing for red,” Wanda corrected him. “We all know he’s one for brunettes now.”

Pietro glanced up and indicated her dark hair. “Your other point being? You are a brunette.”

Wanda smirked. “Thanks for noticing, brother. But to be specific I am a little bit darker. Besides I’ve seen what his particular ultimate choice is and ...”

“Are you admitting defeat?”

Wanda scowled at him. “We’re getting off topic.”

Pietro’s face fell with a sudden sense of openness. “Actually, we aren’t at all.”

The cryptic meaning to his words passed towards Wanda as her face fell with a sense of sadness before quickly being replaced by her usual hard stare.

“We don’t have time to watch him get his rocks off.”

“Do not remind me of the timeline,” Pietro snapped. “I’m well aware.”

Wanda sighed as she glanced across the room. “Well at least he’s not trying to work his way through any pale imitations.”

Pietro snorted darkly. “Are you of all people trying to put a positive spin on the Wolverine’s actions?”

“We need this to work out Pietro and in order to do that I’m going to have to find something admirable about him no matter how small it is to hold on to.”

“Well, I hate to tell you this but he already worked his way through the brunette groupies.”

Wanda’s mouth dropped open slightly. “When?!”

“Just before the fights.”

Wanda rolled her eyes and tapped her fingers against the table. “I suppose that explains why the first round was particularly brutal.”

“Brutal is not a strong enough of a word of what happened in that cage tonight.” He paused to take a sip of his drink. “And I think the women are still sleeping it off.”

Wanda was silent for a moment as she observed Logan in deep thought.

“What are you thinking about now?”

“I just don’t understand how...”

“It is not for you to understand.”

“Oh and you do,” she snapped back. “You who...”

“Stop it,” he hissed back. “Now is not the time.”

She glared daggers back at him.

“Don’t let things fall apart yet. There is still work to be done and when it is finished you will have your time to rage against the world. You will have your time to mo...”

“Don’t say it.”

He sighed. “You will have to face and accept it soon.”

“Because you have so easily,” she whispered back sarcastically.

Pietro’s face hardened. “I will wait for my time as well.”

“You hate him just as much as I do,” she remarked as she nodded towards Logan and the two blondes.

“I do not hate, sister.”

“No, but you despise him.”

“I despise him for what he is now, for what he has become.”

Pietro smirked at his sister. “Not all men are as strong as you.”

Wanda rolled her eyes. “He’s the Wolverine.”

“Yes,” Pietro nodded. “But even a man like him has pain beneath his armour.”

Wanda rolled her eyes again in dismay.

“Enough of this.”
Pietro leant back as he fished out a few bills for their drinks. “He is in no position for us to approach him now.”

“How is a mutant with healing powers that drunk,” she observed.

“He’s been on a three day bender.”

“Think he will be sober by the morning?”

Pietro shrugged as he stood up. “Don’t know. From what I hear it’s actually been more like a three year bender.”

Wanda started to open her mouth but Pietro beat her to it. “We will do what we need to do. Don’t worry sister I haven’t forgotten the timeline.”

With one more glance Wanda sneered in disgust at the booth Wolverine obtained before walking out.

“Some hero.”