Story Notes:
Nothing relating to the X-Men, 20th Century Fox, etc. etc. belongs to me. Neither does the gestation bible, "What To Expect When You're Expecting"
Author's Chapter Notes:
Feedback is always welcome and appreciated!
Logan stood in front of the open refrigerator, gathering the makings for a sandwich. So far he had ham, cheese, a tomato, a head of leaf lettuce, a jar of mustard and some of those banana pepper rings his wife liked so much. Debating on whether she might want dill pickles or sweet ones, his normally acute hearing didn't pick up on the footsteps that entered the kitchen. As he closed the door of the fridge, he saw Storm, Jubilee and Kitty standing shoulder to shoulder, looking at him.

"What?"

Storm took a small step forward, the spokesperson for the group. "Rogue needs a shower."

Placing his fixings on the counter, Logan opened a loaf of bread and pulled out two thick slices before setting them on a plate. "She just had a shower this morning." He didn't mention that he'd helped her shave her legs since at 8 months pregnant, she wasn't comfortable bending down that far and couldn't easily reach her calves to perform that task herself. The hour that followed wherein he massaged her and applied lotion to his wife had been extremely pleasant. He slathered mustard on the bread then added meat and some cheese.

Jubilee gaped and Kitty giggled quietly. Storm tried again. "Logan, *we* want to give Rogue a shower."

Pausing in the layering of hot peppers over cheese, Logan looked at them, hazel eyes narrowed suspiciously. "What, you think she smells or somethin'?" He pointed a claw at them menacingly. "If any of you tell her that or insinuate it or hurt her feelings in any way I'll kill ya all. Real slow."

Storm started at him in shock before bursting out laughing. Logan glowered. "You think me killing you because you called my wife stinky is FUNNY?"

At that Storm bent over, arms crossed over her stomach, howling with mirth. Hearing Logan's low growl, Jubilee stepped forward and stabbed a finger into Logan's chest.

"You may be hella hot but you are a man and therefore dumb as a box of rocks." As the snarl began to form on his lips, Jubilee held up a hand, directly in front of his face. "We want to give Rogue a BABY SHOWER, Wolvie."

Logan swatted her hand away. "What the hell is that?"

Kitty hopped up onto one of the stools at the kitchen island. "It's a little party where we give Rogue presents for the baby. We have food and cake and play some fun games about baby names and stuff." She nodded toward Storm and Jubilee. "We really want to do it for her."

Having composed herself at last, the Weather Goddess joined Kitty on another stool. "We didn't get to have a bridal shower for her because you two just went off one day and came back married."

"A justice of the peace," bemoaned Jubilee, sighing theatrically. "No wedding gown, no bridesmaids, no church, no dearly beloved, we are gathered here in the sight of God...."

Logan shrugged and started slicing a tomato. "We didn't need a church. 'Sides, I figure God had me in his sights when he let me marry one of his angels."

After a moment of silence, he looked up to see three women gazing at him, enthralled. Kitty spoke first. "That is the most romantic thing I've ever heard." She smiled. "Didn't know ya had it in ya, ya know?"

Jubilee grinned and snapped her gum. "Who'd a thunk tall, dark and hairy was a big ole softy?"

Raising his head with a grunt, Logan sliced the sandwich in half and set it on a plate. "Shut it."

Ever organized, Kitty pulled out a notebook and flipped it open. "So here's what we're thinking....."


**************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

An hour later, Rogue had eaten her sandwich and was laying on the couch with her legs in Logan's lap. He held one foot in his hands as he massaged it for her. "How's that, babe?"

"Sugah, that feels so good." Rogue flexed her ankle slightly and moaned. "Ah swear, Ah don't think my feet and ankles can get any more swollen."

Leaning forward slightly, Logan kissed her instep. "They look beautiful. Just like the rest of you."

She smiled. "Your eyes need adjustin' but Ah thank ya all the same."

He picked up her other foot and began to rub it. "You got anything planned for this Saturday?"

Eyes closed in relaxation, she paused a moment, thinking. "Yep....gonna make a handsome fella Ah know rub my feet all day long." Opening one eye, she grinned at her husband.

He raised an eyebrow. "No kidding. Do I know this fella?"

Nudging his chest with a toe, she teased him. "Nah, he's just some random fella Ah met on the street."

Working on the arch of her foot, Logan slid a glance sideways toward her. "Just have him take a break at about noon or so. The girls are givin' ya a baby shower."


****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************


The rec room was festooned in baby blue and yellow streamers, with bunches of balloons decorating the corners of the room. A large cardboard stork was perched in the middle of a table heaped with gifts. The centerpieces at the individual tables were little cakes made out of diapers, burp cloths and booties.

Hank sipped blue punch out of a cup. "I realize these sorts of parties are the providence of the ladies but I think it's nice of them to include us."

Logan produced a noise that sounded like "hrrrrumph" and crossed his arms over his chest. "Well, I made 'em invite men too so I wouldn't be the only one here."

BAMPH!

Kurt appeared with a plate piled high with finger sandwiches and miniature quiche, bowing at the waist before the men and proffering the plate. "I am villing to share vit mein friends."

Remy and Bobby sidled up to them. "You guys get any of these little meatballs? They're really good."

Sampling one, Hank nodded. "These *are* good......where did you find them?"

Bobby gestured with one hand, mouth full. Remy snickered. "De boy don' got no manners. Dey be ovah dere by de fruit tray."

Hank and the other men ambled off toward the food just as Rogue approached. Slipping a hand into the crook of Logan's elbow, she smiled. "Didn't the girls do a nice job makin' the room so pretty?"

Tilting his head toward her, Logan brought his lips next to her ear. "Not as pretty as you, darlin'."

Rogue blushed and leaned up on tip toe to kiss him sweetly. "Flattery will get ya everywhere, especially since Ah know Ah look like a cow dressed in a floral slipcover."

"Guess that makes me a bull then, huh?" He winked at her. "Marie, you've never looked more gorgeous than ya do today."

Gazing at his wife, he knew it was true. Her figure was now more lush, her hips and breasts fuller, balancing her rounded belly. Her normally creamy complexion was slightly flushed and her lips were dewy. In her light green floral dress, she looked like Mother Nature herself, ripe and luscious and literally filled with life.

At that moment, Jubilee all but bounced up to them. "Time to open presents!"

Rogue was seated with great ceremony, Storm on one side of her with a pen and pad in hand to record the gifts and who gave them. Jubilee passed over presents while Kitty cleared away torn wrappings. Logan stood behind his wife's chair.

Rogue glanced at a card, then looked up and found Hank's eyes. "This one's from Dr. McCoy." Delving into the gift bag, she pulled out a little white hooded bath towel embroidered with yellow ducks and matching ultra soft washcloths. "Oh, how sweet! Thank ya Hank. These'll come in handy for bath time."

More gifts were opened, with women oohing and aahing as each tiny bit of clothing was revealed. Bottle warmers were exclaimed over, blankets touched reverently, teddy bears hugged.

At last there was one more gift box. "It says this one's from Kitty, Jubes and Ro." Looking at her friends with the sheen of tears in her eyes, Rogue smiled tremulously. "Ya'll didn't have to get me anything, this shower is gift enough."

"We wanted to," Kitty assured her.

Rogue tore off the wrapping paper then lifted the top off the box. She stared at the contents for a moment then dissolved into peals of laughter. "It's perfect, Ah *love* it!"

Grinning, she looked over her shoulder at Logan as she pulled the contents out of the box for all to admire.

Logan's rumbling chuckle joined the laughter in the room as people got a look at what she was showing them..

Rogue held up a tiny newborn pair of jeans, a little baby flannel and the smallest leather jacket any of them had ever seen. On the collar, a little X could be seen.