Author's Chapter Notes:
Ok. A little more Logan/Rogue interaction and a bit of insight into Morgan.
Christmas morning came and the rec room with its enormous tree looked like someone had set a bomb off. There were shreds of colored paper everywhere, bows and tissue paper clinging to the furniture. Logan watched the kids playing outside in the snow while he stood by the window where it was relatively paper free. He yawned enormously and sipped at his coffee as he watched Cassandra and Hunter engaging in a snowball war with their friends. He smelt Morgan behind him. She hadn't come down to participate in the unwrapping but he didn't really blame her. "They missed you."

"They shouldn't have." She replied rubbing her eyes wearily.

He'd been up half the night with her and the Mercenary group devising a plan of attack and defense. He'd noticed how the Hale fellow had watched her but he'd put it outta his mind for the time being. Rogue came in with a huge black trash bag. "Hey you two. Help clean this up."

Logan set his coffee aside and bent to help. Morgan picked a side of the room and worked in silence. Rogue and Logan cleaned their side. After it was done Rogue looked at Morgan. "Dinner is in a few hours, ya are gonna be there."

Her tone brooked no argument but Morgan decide to give one. "Why do you do this Rogue?"

"Do what?" Rogue asked and Logan sat back to watch the fireworks.

"Why do you insist on me being part of the family? Why after seven years of rejected invitations do you suddenly think I'm gonna just go along with the lovey dovey Christmas crap?!" Morgan had her hands planted on her hips and her eyes glowed blood red.

"Because ya are family." Rogue replied hotly. "Yer kids miss ya. I miss ya. Logan would miss ya if he knew ya well enough. And thats what Christmas is about. Family. And from what Ah saw ya have more than jus us. That bunch o' cut throats care about ya. As much as they can anyway."

Morgan laughed. "Rogue I have a contract. Dieing kind of ruins that. I'm an investment and they're protecting that. And leave the kids out of this. I brought them here to have a childhood. If Logan hadn't insisted I'd never have agreed to the damned deal in the first place. They don't need me fuckin' up they're lives."

"Then why did ya have 'em?" Rogue asked.

Logan had to give Rogue credit. He'd wondered that himself and as he watched Morgan he realized she didn't know either. "I don't know. Karma, kismet, a sense of responsibility, wishful thinking? Hell I've come up with a lot of ideas. But it doesn't change the fact that I don't want to raise them. I love them sure but I don't want to raise them."

Logan could see her point there but he sipped his coffee and sat in silence watching the two of them. "And besides Rogue. I wouldn't be here if Logan hadn't got a hit out on himself."

"This ain't his fault!" Rogue yelled.

"Not it isn't but it's certainly complicated a smooth operation hasn't it?"

"Smooth?! The School may be alotta things but it ain't smooth." Rogue replied "And stop changing the subject. Why don't ya want to be with yer family?"

"Cause you aren't my family!" Morgan shouted her wings fanning out and lifting her up off the floor a few inches.

"Well we want to be!" Rogue shouted right back.

A cough from the door way startled all of them and Gregory came sauntering into the room. "Am I interrupting?"

"Yeah, ya are." Rogue replied shortly.

"Well too damned bad." He replied caustically. "I came to collect Morgan. We're up for patrol."

Rogue growled but didn't say anything as Morgan passed by her and out the door with Gregory. She looked at Logan. "She's a stubborn little bitch ain't she sugah?"

He nodded and patted the seat beside him. "I suppose she is. S'why you love her though."

She curled up against him and rested her cheek on his chest. "I just want her to know she's not alone."

"Oh I think she's got the picture." He replied with a wry grin.

"Guess I went a little overboard huh?"

"Nah Darlin'." He sipped his coffee and glanced around the room.

"You suppose Hale loves her?" Rogue asked.

"Logan winced internally, he could hear Rogues inner Yenta coming to life. "Maybe."

"Think I should tell him she's gay?"

"Nah. Let him find out on his own when she cold cocks him."

They both laughed quietly at that. Rogue crawled out of his embrace with a sigh. "I should get back to the kitchen. I'm makin' the stuffin'."

Logan licked his lips appreciatively. Rogue made the best stuffing he'd ever had. As she walked past him he swatted her butt lightly and she tossed a saucy look over her shoulder as she walked away. He leered back. He had a few plans for the post Christmas Dinner nap. Not that they'd be napping much.
Chapter End Notes:
Please Review!!!!