Author's Chapter Notes:
Ok. So a little more. This is one persistent story little bits keep popping into my head. Anyway. Hope people like it.
"Who?" Logan growled making Cassandra flinch a little.

"We'll discuss it after the kids have left the room." Morgan replied calmly.

"We'll discuss it now Morgan." He snapped.

She sighed. "My boss got a call from a contractor, they wanted you delivered, like a pizza. I told my boss if he took the job he'd die in less time than it takes to blink. He believed me but it looks like someone else has taken the job."

"Could it be yer boss anyway? Maybe the buyer upped the bid." Logan crossed his arms and leaned against the door frame.

Morgan shook her head. "When Gregory says no he doesn't recant. Besides, shooting at you while there were witnesses and kids around isn't his style."

Cassandra stood and walked over to Logan. She levitated up into his arms and cuddled into him. Morgan watched her daughter cuddle into Logan but it didn't seem to phase her. He thought about what she'd said. "Any ideas who's doin' it then?"

"Probably Castleton. Bastard doesn't care who gets caught in the line of fire." She replied with a thoughtful look.

Logan raised an eyebrow and she shrugged. "Don't ask how I know. I'm contractually bound to keep my mouth shut."

Rogue cleared her throat and Morgan looked over at her. Logan could smell the hint of arousal coming from Morgan but he ignored it and looked to Rogue. "Is this Mercenary gonna attack the mansion?"

"Only if Logan is here." Morgan replied.

Logan nodded. "So I need to leave fer a bit no problem."

"There is a problem." Rogue interjected. "Its three days till Christmas."

Morgan looked at her like she was insane but Logan nodded. "She's right. The kids are expectin' me to be here."

"You have got to be kidding! Someone is trying to capture you like a wild animal and you're worried about Christmas?"

Logan and Rogue glanced at each other then back at her. "You haven't had a Christmas in almost eleven years have you?" Rogue asked.

"I haven't wanted to." Morgan replied.

"Well this year your gonna." Rogue pronounced.

Morgan frowned and opened her mouth to protest but Logan silenced her. "'fraid yer not gonna win this one." He said.

"Stay mommy. Please?" Hunter pleaded looking up at her from his spot on the floor with the trains.

"Oh thats cheating." Morgan muttered.

Logan rubbed Cassandras back and thought about their circumstances. When Morgan had left the kids with he and Rogue she'd agreed to visit every three months and the kids got to call her mom. But the also called Rogue mom and himself dad. Cassandra turned her head a little to look at Morgan. "Please mommy?"

Morgan threw her hands up. "I'm bested! You little cheaters win."

Logan felt a smile crawl across his face and saw an answering smile on Rogues. "We'll figure out security later. For now it's supper time." Logan said and set Cassandra down.

The kids ran ahead of them with Rogue Morgan and Logan hung back. Logan looked over at Morgan. "After dinner I need to know everything about this Castleton guy. How he works and how many people he's likely to have brought."

Morgan ran a hand through her hair and Logan followed its passage. Over the years she'd cut it frequently bit it was never as short as it had been when she was dating Rogue. "You didn't hear any of the info from me." She said. "I mean it too. I'm breaking contract telling you anything."

He nodded. "Sure. Just tell me how to kill the guy."
Chapter End Notes:
Please Review!!!!