Author's Chapter Notes:
Ok, as promised here's more Logan Rogue interaction. Hope you like her appearance on the scene.
"Cassandra, Hunter. It's time for breakfast. Come on you two. Scooters gonna eat all the bacon if you don't move it." Logan yelled.

Hunter was the first one down the stairs his dark eyes sleep hazed. "M'up, m'up." He mumbled.

"Where's yer sister?"

"She's been up. She's probably down stairs with Storm in the gardens." Hunter yawned.

"Doin' what? It's snowing out." Logan glanced out the cabin window.

"Dunno. Don't wanna know." Hunter replied as he pulled his jacket on.

Logan smirked at the eight year old as he tugged his own coat on. "Come on kid. Yer mom's got her hands elbow deep in pancake batter and you know how fast they go."

Hunter eyes lit up and he shoved his feet into boots and hurried out the door. Logan followed him easily through the drifts. He saw Cassandra and Storm building snowmen in the gardens. "Cassandra! Come on, pancake time!" Logan yelled to her.

She giggled and started moving towards them levitating over the snow with sublime ease. She was nearly to him when Logan smelt something in the crisp air that had him running towards her. "Get down." He bellowed and both kids dropped to the snow instinctively just as bullets ripped through the air. Logan felt a sting in his shoulder and the world started to spin. Just as he fell he caught sight of a pair of raven black wings. More gunshots and the kids screaming then the world went black.
---------------------------------------------------------------

He woke a few hours later in the medbay. Rogue was talking to Hank but when he sat up she spun around. "Logan. Oh mah god are you okay?"

"Yeah. I'm good, what happened?" He asked rubbing the back of his neck.

His head ached and she handed him a couple of pills. He dry swallowed them while she spoke. "Someone's taken out a hit on you Logan. They were hidin' in the treeline. They shot ya with a trank. It had seven kinds of sedatives. You were out for six hours."

Logan grimaced. "Where're the kids?"

"Upstairs. They're fine."

"You sure. I thought I saw Hunter before I blacked out." Logan stood and looked around for his boots.

Rogue handed them to him. "That wasn't Hunter. Morgan showed up. She' with the kids."

Logan stilled and Rogue nodded. "Yeah. She just showed up outta the blue. She won't tell me why she's hear, says she wants to talk to you."

Logan nodded and finished lacing his boots. He stood and nodding to Hank strode out of the medbay. When he exited the elevator he saw Morgan sitting on a couch watching her kids playing with a set of wooden trains.

"What's goin' on Morgan." He growled.

She stood up her wings tightly folded against her back. She was wearing a pair of form fitting leather pants a skin tight red blouse covered by a leather vest. All in all she looked more like a high end stripper than one of the most deadly mercenaries in the continental US. She looked him dead in the eyes. Her eyes blood red and swirling in agitation. "Someone tried to hire me to catch you and deliver you."
Chapter End Notes:
Please Review!