Author's Chapter Notes:
This is the final chapter of the story and the series. I hope you've all enjoyed them. I don't know if I will be bringing Morgan and Gregory back. Or if I will leave it as it is. It's been so much fun writing this story. Thanks all for reading it.
**New Years Day**


Morgan was sitting on the roof on a blanket watching the students throw snow balls at each other. She flexed her wings and enjoyed the pain free sensation. Cassandra and Hunter ambushed Logan and started pelting him with snowballs while Rogue sat by and laughed at all three of them. To Morgans surprise she felt a lump in her throat watching all of them.

"Why did you give this up?" Gregory asked from behind her.

She didn't jump or make any sound of surprise but Gregory knew he had managed to surprise her. One of the students had teleported him up here. She waited a long moment before answering. "They want peace. They want families. They want to be left alone. I want to fight and scream and yell and fly and chase the adrenaline. We don't mix. Even Logan the wild man and his wife Rogue the fire cracker have settled down."

Gregory stood with his hands in his trench coat pockets watching her. She had her knees drawn up to her chest and her arms were folded on top of them. She rested her chin lightly on her arms while she watched them and her wings fanned slightly in the cold air. She was scarred and her eyes looked decades too old but he found himself captivated by her. "Is that all you want?" He asked.

She considered it for a moment. "No and yes. I want love of course but not kids. I have a family I guess. Rogue and Logan and Cassandra and Hunter so I'm not bad off. But They won't understand why I became a Merc. They live in another world."

Gregory nodded. He watched the kids playing and enjoyed their laughter but in his heart he knew how she felt. He and Morgan and even the rest of his group of Mercenaries were a world apart. "Come back with me." He said.

She looked up at him slowly, her eyes whirling slowly dark crimson and lighter scarlet red. She considered his words for a moment. "Why?" She asked.

He crouched down in front of her until they were eye to eye. He looked into her eyes taking in her scarred face and ageless depths. "Because I love you."

She raised an eyebrow. "I cold cocked you for that last time Gregory."

"It was worth it."

She regarded him and the world seemed to narrow around them until they were alone in a muffled silence. Him waiting, her considering him and what his love would mean.

"Ok." She finally replied and a slow smile crawled across her lips.

He grinned back at her and leaned forward to brush a soft chaste kiss across her lips. She reciprocated and Gregory knew that things would move at her pace. He'd won this small battle but she held the key to victory in small callused warriors hands. 'I can handle that.' He thought to himself while they watched the snow ball war below.

Logan and Rogue watched the two on the Roof of the pool house then looked away before they could get caught. Rogue slipped her small hand into Logan's larger hand and they just looked at one another. A knowing, loving glance that spoke of worlds unseen but of common knowledge.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Morgan and Gregory along with the other Mercenaries left a few days later. They were planning to storm the facility where Castleton had been told to deliver Logan. Xavier had already started putting feelers out on Senator Fields and General Hartwater. The men behind Castleton. Castleton was in Police custody and was awaiting the FBI who had been looking for him for years.

"I'll see you in three months." Morgan said as she was leaving.

Rogue gave her a hug leaving unspoken the words she wanted to say. 'Will you bring Gregory I wonder?'She thought as Morgan took to the air.

Watching Gregory Hale climb into his SUV and seeing Morgan flying several hundred feet directly above it she thought they would be coming back together. Eventually.


The End.
Chapter End Notes:
Please Review!!!!!!!!