Author's Chapter Notes:
Ok. Not a very long chapter. I'm sorry for that. I've been sick this weeks so a lot of things fell by the way side. Hope this satisfies the blood thirsty nature of my readers. LOL
~~~~ ~~~~ means past event.
As it turned out ruining Castletons day was harder than Logan could have imagined.

~~~~"Which branch of the military hired you?" Gregory asked as soon as they entered the room.

He was being solicitous. Frighteningly so. His demeanor was polite, cool but not cold. He reminded Logan of a lawyer he'd met once. Friendly but in the way a predator might get close to a meal. Castleton rattled the chains on his cuffs. "I'm not telling you a thing Hale."

Hale pulled up a metal chair and sat backwards in it his arms braced on the backrest while he studied Castleton. Castleton seemed unphased. "Thats too bad Castleton. Its a real shame cause my friend here. Wolverine, well he's not to thrilled that you came after him on home territory. You put his kids in danger. Not real bright. And you could have hurt his wife. As it was you almost killed one of my Mercs."

Castleton smirked. "The mutant bitch with the wings? Can't say I'm too sorry for that."

Hale turned his head to study the wall and Logan stepped up and proceeded to work Castleton over a bit. Not doing any real damage and staying silent as he worked. Hale turned back and Logan stopped and stepped back. "You ought to be more careful Castleton. Falling over your own feet like that. Just clumsy."

Logan heard the unspoken sentiment. Anything that happened to Castleton now was Castleton's own fault regardless of who meted out the blows. Castleton spat at them. "Pounding the shit out of me isn't going to get you anything."

"Now see the way I see it you got what was coming to you. You endangered kids, lots of them, you almost killed Morgan, You've been bid rigging for years and your a sneaky little shit without any sense of honor. Seems like you've got this coming Castleton. Now you can help balance the scales by telling us what we want to know. It's a pretty good offer."

"Your bitch had it coming Hale. So did the kids here and any fucking mutant who gets in my way."

Gregory turned to study the wall again and Logan delivered a second, harsher beating working over the old bruises and laying some new ones in more delicate parts of Castleton's anatomy. Gregory looked back and Logan stopped again. "For a guy with a Masters Degree from Harvard you sure say a lot of stupid things Castleton. Might want to go back and get re-educated. Now Which branch hired you."

Castelton spat a mouthful of blood onto the floor and seemed to debate his answer. "Weapons Development Division."

"And that answer is about as useful as tits on a boar Castleton. Stop playing games. Who's funding it, Which General has which Senators backing." Gregory hadn't lost his cool slightly friendly demeanor.

"What makes you think I know that?" Castleton asked nastily. "I don't have your 'resources'. Not everyone has a mutie backing their ops."

Gregory turned to the wall again and Logan deciding he wasn't getting through to Castleton with the beatings started breaking some of the smaller bones. When Gregory looked back Castleton was on his knees cradling his left arm and whimpering in pain. "Castleton. How clumsy of you to break your hand. You shouldn't try to punch the Wolverine. You'll only hurt yourself."

Logan suppressed a feral smile but then decided to go ahead with it. Might as well psyche the asshole out a bit. Castleton saw the smile and winced. "You have resources Castleton. You make it a point to get material on all your employers in case they decide to go back on their deal. You know who's signing the check and you'll tell me eventually."

Castleton sneered but cowered a little when Logan shifted his weight.~~~~


Logan was showering when he heard someone walk into the locker room. He smelt vanilla and smiled gratefully. He could use the comfort. Gregory hadn't seemed phased by the brutality of torturing Castleton for information, had even participated in the end when Logan had silently refused to do some of the things Gregory had asked him to. Logan just felt old and dirty. He had given up that kind of life after marrying Rogue. Had given it up and been grateful to do so.

A slim pair of white hands followed by bare white arms snaked around his waist and he felt Rogues naked form pressed up against his back. He relaxed into her embrace.
Chapter End Notes:
Please Review!!!!