Author's Chapter Notes:
More Logan Rogue interaction and some action! Yay!
And there's a casualty. The person may or may not live it really depends on my mood when I write the next chapter.

~ ~ Indicates past event
Logan lay in bed with Rogue and stared at the ceiling, Gregory had cornered him and filled him in on the details of a plan that would in likelihood work but left him feeling dissatisfied. He glanced over at Rogue who was sleeping peacefully. Logan heard the rustle of wings and he caught Morgan flying by the window. She knew he would be awake so she waved as she went by and Logan heaved a sigh.

~"Just stay in your room with Rogue. The plan won't work if you're out and about with raging claws."~

Suddenly Logan heard the sound he'd been waiting for all night. Gunfire. Rogue snapped awake with the ease of long practice and they both jumped out of bed. Logan grabbed her arm and indicated the cloths folded on the little stool Rogue had dragged into their room one year and she nodded after looking down at her tiny silk nighty. Once they were both dressed they bolted down the stairs. Scott, Jean, Storm and Hank joined them. They had left St John and Bobby in charge of keeping the kids safe in the danger room and rushed out the door and into what looked like a war zone.

Logan saw Hutch and her Husband Laurent were fighting back to back and doing it with style while Leroy guarded Gregory's back. Michaels was missing as was Morgan. Logan started forward claws extended. A group of black clad mercenaries surged forward to meet him and he was hard pressed to keep them at bay. Rogue was using a couple of batons that she's taken away from a pair of mercs who were laying insensate at her feet and was floating a few feet above the ground while she worked. What surprised Logan was when Morgan dove down and took out a merc a few yards away from him. She crashed into him pushing a tranquilizer gun out of his hands and beating his head into unrecognizable pulp. She looked enraged and Logan sucked in his breath sharply when the flood lights came on and showed the long bloody rents in her wings. Someone had fired a shrapnel gun at her and she was a mass of bleeding wounds but she was enraged and still fighting.

As suddenly as the fight had begun it stopped. Rogue had managed to grab Castleton and was suspending him forty feet in the air telling him to call off the attack. He did so and the black clad mercs dropped their weapons and surrendered. Gregory and his mercs strode over to Logan and Rogue. "Mind if we borrow your interrogation cell."

"We don't have one but you can lock him in an observation cell and we'll lock the rest of 'em up in the pool house." Logan replied.

Gregory nodded and opened his mouth to give the order when Michaels called to him from across the battle field. Gregory turned and Logan watched his eyes go wide with shock. Logan looked over to Michaels and felt his gorge rise. Michaels and Rogue were kneeling on the ground next to Morgan. Rogue was trying to resuscitate her former lover. Gregory and Logan sprinted over and they both stared in shock and horror. Morgan was a bloody mess. Her wings were torn to tattered shreds and one of the spines was broken. "Hank! Medical emergency over here!" Logan roared and the blue furred man sprinted over.
He gasped at what he saw. He bent and scooped Morgan into his arms unmindful of the blood staining his fur and sprinted with her to the Mansion.
Chapter End Notes:
PLEASE REVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!