Author's Chapter Notes:
Ok. Again no Logan Rogue interaction but it will be in the next chapter I promise. Sorry this chapter took so long. Holidays kept me wicked busy.
Gregory sat watching the denizens of the mansion after Christmas dinner. They had eaten the huge meal with gusto and a lot of loud talking as each person vied to be heard over each other. Now they sprawled on couches and on the floor reading, watching movies or just talking. Some he suspected were napping. He smirked. The mansion was under threat yet they lazed about as if they didn't have a thing to worry about. He heard Michaels walk up next to him. The man clucked his tongue in derision. "They act as if they haven't a care." He rumbled with his thick accent.

Gregory had never been able to find out where Michaels came from nor was the huge man likely to tell him but he was trustworthy and fierce as a lion. "They're children. And they've the luxury."

"Luxury won't keep Castleton from slitting their throats if they get in the way."

"Your sources have confirmed that he is behind this." Gregory had set Michaels to finding out just who was behind the attack.

"They did. They also confirmed that the Wolverine is the target. It appears that the military is planning to clone him."

"I wasn't aware that cloning had come that far yet." Gregory commented.

"A lot of things can come a long way when one isn't worried about legality." Michaels commented.

Gregory nodded. "True."

"I've set Leroy, Hutch and Laurent to patrolling the grounds. They're keeping a close eye on the weak points. Apparently Wolverine has some of the older students patrolling as well and they're actually good at it. That big fellow. The Russian, he's the best of the lot." Michaels crossed his huge arms over his chest.

"Colossus." Gregory confirmed. "He'd be an asset if we could get him away from the X-Men."

"Always recruiting."

"Damned straight. We've lost three Mercs this year. People are starting to think I'm getting old."

"You? Old? Hardly Gregory." Morgan stalked in past Michaels.

"Hello Morgan." Michaels smirked.

Gregory watched them with interest. Michaels had been against Morgan joining under contract, they'd had a sparring match to settle the point. A match Morgan had won after a particularly dirty move. They had since become friends in as much as two Mercs could be friends. Morgan looked at Gregory and raised an eyebrow. "I heard from Hutch that there was info."

He nodded and told her what Michaels had confirmed. She nodded. "Then we know how to proceed. He's likely going to attack at night. Probably tomorrow night or the night after. Shall we set a trap?"

Gregory leaned against the wall and considered it for a moment. "A trap would be a good idea but I want to take Castleton alive. I'm tired of his dirty tactics. Not to mention he's been bid rigging to get the premium contracts."

Morgan winced. "Nasty little cuss."

Gregory nodded. "So here's what we do." He started outlining a plan. By the time he was done Morgan was grinning and Michaels had to hold back a bark of laughter. "You get to tell Logan." Gregory said pointing at Morgan.

Morgan nodded. "Sounds good to me."
Chapter End Notes:
Please Review!!!!!