Story Notes:
I don't know what prompted this one but I'm hoping it pans out.
Author's Chapter Notes:
Ok so I'm sorry there isn't any Logan Rogue interaction in this chapter but there will be in the next one. Lots and lots of it. I just had to get the stage set for it. Morgan is coming back! Yay! Sorry I love my character.
"Cassandra! Don't eat the lights! Logan grab her before she swallows that! Hunter where are ya?" The video went black after that and Morgan sat back against the pillows a smile playing across her face.

Rogue had been sending her videos of the kids Christmases every year since she'd left them with Logan and Rogue. Even though she'd been to see them every three months as per her agreement with Logan she never stayed for Christmas. She looked at the tapes scattered about on the bed. Seven in all and she'd been watching them in chronological order. Someone knocked on the door and she scowled. "What?"

The door opened and the leader of the mercenary group she'd contracted with walked in. He looked at the scattered tapes and sniffed dismissively. She narrowed her eyes and he saw them glow red for a moment. "We have a new job offer."

"Why tell me?"

"Because it concerns a place you used to stay." He replied.

"You know I won't participate in any job that attacks mutant havens and if you're considering attacking Xaviers' you may want to update your will." Morgan replied with a smirk.

"It's not an attack on the School. We're being sent in to snatch one person and deliver them to the buyer." He replied.

She stood fluidly and adjusted her wings. "Who?"

"Wolverine."

She laughed humorously. "You would have better luck snatching Charles Xavier himself right out of the dining hall."

He regarded her for a long moment. "So you would advise not taking the job."

"I would. I'd also call the other Merc leaders and tell them to refuse the job as well or they'll end up very dead. Wolverine has only gotten more dangerous since gaining a family." She started picking up the tapes.

"You'll be leaving soon then?"

She put the tapes back in the box she kept them in and looked at him for a long moment. "Yeah. I'll be back though. You know me."

He raised an eyebrow but refrained from commenting. He left shutting the door behind him. As he walked down the hall he reflected on Morgan. She'd shown up in the middle of an operation and had admittedly pulled his ass out of the fire. She'd then offered to work for him but with a catch, she would leave every three months. Be gone for two weeks to a month then show back up for another three months. He'd tried to follow her the first few times but not having wings of his own it'd been impossible since she knew how to cover her trail.
And those wings. He'd been shocked at first when she'd fanned them and hovered effortlessly in midair. She'd made no secret of the fact that she was a mutant but she was the best at what she did and he couldn't fault her skills. She'd fit into his group well and they'd had more successful contracts than ever before so they'd pretty much ignored what she was.

He walked into his office and closed the door. Sitting down he kept thinking about the situation. She'd made her position on contracts against mutant groups clear when he'd accepted a contract against a mutant haven. She'd disappeared and when he'd shown up she was there. She'd warned the group then organized them into a defensive formation and wiped the floor with his group. After they'd limped off she'd returned. He'd found himself pinned to the floor with her standing on his chest her wings fanned and her eyes glowing blood red. She'd warned him never to do that again and he'd agreed readily enough.

His phone rang and he answered. "Regrettably we've accepted another contract." He said and ended the call before the contractor could start spewing obscenities.

He leaned back in his chair and toyed with a pen. He'd been attracted to Morgan since she'd shown up in the middle of his operation but she'd been uninterested. He heard a tap on his door and Morgan strode in without waiting for him to answer. Typical Morgan. "I'm taking off. Try not to get killed while I'm gone."

"That was only once." He replied mildly.

She smirked and hitched her bag up on her shoulder. He looked at the calender on a whim and noticed that it was almost Christmas. About a week until Christmas Eve in fact. He decided not to mention it. "I refused the job." He said as she was leaving.

She turned back to him for a moment. "Good." She said and walked out of his office.
Chapter End Notes:
Please Review!!