Author's Chapter Notes:
Maries getting a handle on everything… Kinda.

Title: Futures Unknown 4/? 
Rating: R

Verse: AU
Summary: Maries getting a handle on everything… Kinda.
Genre: Shipper-fic, Action
Disclaimer: I’m thinking about putting in a bid at Marvel, but I think they’d want too much money. So right now I’m just borrowing them for my own personal fantasies.

Authors Note: Here it is, Chapter 4! Tell me what you think! Thanks [info]meg1990!

 

Chapters: 1 2 3
 

 

 

Chapter 4

 

Judging by the sideways glances and knowing looks from the others I got this morning, Logan and I weren’t at all quiet last night. I spent most of the morning blushing and stammering responses before I found something to occupy me. I’d gone online on my laptop to randomly transfer our funds every two weeks (right now we were living off of a stash of cash we all kept handy; I wasn’t sure about Vic and Hazel) and I’d washed and hung our blankets to dry. I was cutting and chopping firewood from a small fallen oak when Logan and I found ourselves alone once again.

 

“Hey.” I greeted as soon as his scent reached my nose. I’d been on high alert, it wasn’t peak time for hikers, but we were all on guard for the soldiers to return.

 

“Hey yourself.” He waited until I set down the axe to wrap his arms around me. “I wanted to talk about last night.” I blushed and turned in his arms, burying my face into his chest. I inhaled his scent deeply.

 

“What part?” I shot a sexy little glance up at him, my hands moving over the muscles of his back.

 

He smirked at me, and I felt a little tickle dance up my spine. I pressed forward into him. “The part where you almost went feral and didn’t.”

 

“Oh,” I reigned my thoughts back in from where they’d been wandering about kissing and groping. Logan leaned down and bit my earlobe, obviously amused at my disappointment.

 

“What happened?”

 

I looked up at him thoughtfully for a moment, wrestling with the memories in my head. “I was awake with you, and we were…” I blushed again, jeeze when did I have such a problem discussing sex with my husband? When you started doing it with a second personality, I answered my thoughts. “You were leaning really close, and I had flashes of memories. And I felt this need, this urge, and I wanted you all over again. I knew that you were mine, and I wanted you to know that.” I paused, trying to word everything right. It’s kinda hard to explain extra personalities. But this was Logan and he was the Wolverine, so maybe it wouldn’t’ be so hard.

 

“When I felt it there, I kind of acknowledged it. That it was a part of me, that I was a part of it and instead of taking over my actions and thoughts, I kinda settled it into the corner. It’s there and it’s talking every now and then, but it’s not incessant. Not yet anyway. That’s pretty much it.”

 

Logan looked thoughtfully over my head, one hand coming up to stroke my hair. We stayed like that for a long time, I tested his scent numerous time, and all I got was woods, leather, Logan and thoughtful. After a good 15 minutes of silence from him, I poked him in the ribs. “What?” He asked, looking down at me.

 

“What are you thinking?”

 

He brushed the pad of his thumb over my cheekbone as he spoke. “You’re getting control of ‘em, the rages. And that’s good. But having control of yourself when I make love to you isn’t quite the same as having control of yourself when you’re angry, scared, or surprised. We need to push your control to the limits. So that when you’re in danger, you can keep your head and use your instincts.”

 

I nodded, seeing the truth to his words. “How we gonna do that?”

 

“We’re gonna test your limits.” He leaned down and kissed me with so much force, so much passion that I was breathless and reeling from the abrupt change of situation when he suddenly released me. I staggered back just a bit, my knees nearly putty. I could feel my feral self prowling around in my head, very Wolverine-like. I wanted him to come back, I was miffed his hands weren’t still roving over me. I growled. It’s rather startling when you’re not expecting it.

 

He laughed out loud at me, and backed up a step. “This isn’t the kid of testing you were talking about was it?”

 

“Not quite, but it’s nice to see you all hot and bothered.” I’d decided I’d had enough of Logan amusing himself and launched myself at him. I hit him hard, knocking him onto his back. I straddled his waist and kissed him like I wanted to be kissed. My hands sank into his hair and my tongue invaded his mouth. His hands grabbed my hips, if a familiar hold and anchored me to him. He tore his mouth away. “Marie?”

 

“Hmm?” I’ve been kissing and licking his neck, and it’s my goal to expose more flesh for the tasting.

 

“I think,” he sucked in a breath as I found that sensitive place where the neck meets the shoulder. “I think if we keep-” he gasped as I bit his earlobe, “this up, we’ll never get-” I kissed him hard on the mouth again. That kept him quiet for a few minutes as I ravaged his mouth. Hips grinding, hands roaming. Personally, I’m surprised the Wolverine let me have this much dominance before Logan flipped us over and pressed me into the ground.

 

He pushed up on his hands leaning over me. “get to work.” He finishes.

 

I smirk at him, and squirm awkwardly out from under him. “I know,” I replied. “It’s just that you can’t kiss me like that, then just stop. It’s cruel. I wanted more kissing and hand roaming so I took it.” He crawled over to me, moving so close that I had to resituate my arms behind me to hold my angle. He buried his face in my neck and breathed deeply.

 

Eli came to a skidding halt at in the middle of the clearing. It was an audile crash of cracking sticks, thundering heart, and sputtering man accompanied by him literally skidding into the dirt and landing on his butt. I laughed out loud at him and Logan pulled back and growled, him having been in a bit more feral mindset than me.

 

Eli blushed furiously and stammered out an apology. “S- sorry. I keep telling Lillian it’s inevitable that I bump into you guys. She tells me it’s all in my head, and that I need to watch where I’m going. But with you guys doin’ it everywhere and anywhere in the last few days, I figure I’m bound to run into you, and I can’t stop on a dime all the time to peek into each clearing before I go through it.” Quicker than anyone else I know, Eli’s gone and the only evidence of his existence is his lingering scent and the foot long skid track in the dirt.

 

Logan shook his head and stood, offering me a hand up as well. “He’s right you know.” I told him as we both grabbed an armful of the wood I’d been cutting and headed back out to the main living area.

 

“’Bout what?” Logan asked, carefully picking his way down the hill.

 

“We have been doing it a lot. Everywhere and anywhere. I’ve noticed a distinct rise in my libido, it’s barely controllable.”

 

“I’m just that sexy, baby.” He smirked at me.

 

“As much as I agree with that, I don’t think it’s the reason we find ourselves having sex in the middle of any and every situation we find ourselves in.” We’d entered the clearing and were placing the wood on a neat pile. Hazel and Vic sat around the fire, enjoying it’s warmth.

 

“It’s the urge to claim.” She piped up from no where, her soothing voice immediately settling my mood a bit more relaxed. I wondered absentmindedly if that was a mutation she didn’t know about. A calming presence. I decided against it when I remembered the humans swinging punches at her.

 

 “Huh?” I asked feeling like an idiot for not having heard the comments my statement had initiated. I jerked my attention back to Hazel (who laughed), Vic (who looked confused), and Logan (who was currently staring at me like I was only a small French fry short of a happy meal, or I had horns growing out of my head.)

 

I reached up and checked just incase, my forehead was clear of horns. “What do you think about when you do that?” Vic was still confused and had finally decided to ask. I’m beginning to realize that I space out a lot.

 

“Well, at first I was listening to Hazel,” I turned to her then. “Your voice is so calming, it’s like I relax just listening to you speak. But you make everything around you nice.” I turned back to Vic then. “After that I was checking for horns.”

 

Now everyone was looking at me like I was a fucked up happy meal. I resisted the urge to check for horns again. “Never mind, it doesn’t matter. What were you saying earlier, about the ‘urge to claim’?”

 

Hazel smiled again, and proceeded with the conversation. This time I had my listening hat on. “Now that you’re working on a more feral mindset, you instincts to claim your mate are making your libido spike. It’s like, there’s a part of you that want to let anyone and everyone know that he’s your mate. And although it never goes away, the urgency will cool down once you’re secure in yourself again. It’s my recommendation that we refrain from going near anyone who would hit on Logan until you’ve become in complete control of your… mood swings.”

 

“Speaking of mood swings,” Logan said. “Vic, we need you help. Marie seems to have gained some control, and I want to try to push her to her limit. See how much she can handle and what her breaking points are, so we can work on them.”

 

“You want me to try first?”

 

“No,” Logan said. He hesitated then. “I tried earlier, it uh… got out of hand.”

 

Vic looked me over, “She doesn’t look too worse for wear.” Hazel abruptly started laughing and I started blushing. Vic’s smirked at Logan. “Ah, I see. Well, let’s see what we can do.”

 

~*~*~*~

 

We moved to a larger clearing and I squared off in front of Victor. Hazel stayed clear, perched up on a rock approximately 30 feet away. Logan stayed close, I could feel his anxiousness coming off of him, and knew that Vic wasn’t someone he wanted me prepared to fight ever. Even for sparing.

 

“Tell me,” I began as we circled each other. “Why the sudden change of heart.” Victor became uncomfortable, he reeked of it, and suddenly I was a lot more amused that I was supposed to be in the situation.

 

“With Lillian?” I shot him a pointed look. Feigning ignorance is not attractive on you Victor.

 

“Yeah.” No, with the mouse in her pocket. Wow, had I’d become a t-total bitch. Hmmm. Food for thought.

 

He shrugged, which looked really weird with him in the squatted walking position he was in. Which, come to think of it, must be an annoying position for him; it was fairly easy for me given my much smaller stature and bulk. But I’ve mentioned before that Vic is huge, and I can’t imagine that being comfortable at all.

 

“She annoyed me.” I’d forgotten I’d asked him a question. I’d struggled to divide my concentration on predicting his every increasing movements and paying attention to his response. “She acted like you weren’t family, that everyone who has a feral side goes crazy and attacks when they’re in a feral mindset.” His voice had grown gruff and angry.

 

I jumped out of the way of a swipe of his claws, not realizing that he was close enough to use them. Despite my efforts they grazed my midsection. I growled. An errant thought about more of my clothes needing stitched up ran across my mind.

 

“So, she offended you by insulting me?” He dodged a well aimed, but slightly clumsy kick at his head. I’ve trained extensively with Logan, but something was throwing me off. Something with my balance, it was very odd.

 

“Yeah, it was an insult to us as a whole. She should know better, your feral side would see her as family. It annoyed me.” He punched this time, and I didn’t dodge that. He’d been making quick jabs and short swings and I’d been paying to much attention to the darting kicks instead of the big picture. I felt the battle with my feral nature begin again in my mind. It wasn’t comfortable to sit and be told what to do anymore. It demanded free reign.

 

I grunted and regained my footing, still reeling from the fist to the head. If Logan had been growling before, he was snarling now. I sent him a look that told him I was fine before focusing directly on Vic and every part available to him with my eyes, nose and ears.

 

I landed two good punches and one well placed kick to the knee before he laid a finger on me again. He was getting angry and a little out of control in his movements, and although I knew that Vic would never give in to his other nature, my battle was getting harder and harder to maintain. He landed another good punch to my upper body, and swiped at me with his claws. This time he made full contact.

 

The change to my feral mindset was at least noticeable this time. I went from being in complete control of my body to the feeling of watching a movie play behind my eyeballs. It was odd, completely different, yet much the same as when Lillian projects current and past events into my brain.

 

I jumped backward, much lower to the ground than before. Using my hands and my feet to support my weight in my low stance. A deep throaty growl rumbled up from my chest. I wanted to hurt him so bad. My midsection ached and burned as it healed. He had done this. He would pay. I stayed like that for a few minutes, aware of the other alpha male’s mate across the clearing, watching me keenly. No threat, she was letting her mate do as he ought. Not my concern.

 

I was also intensely aware of my mate standing much nearer. I wondered why he had let this happen in the first place (although part of my mind knew it was for my own good) but I was immensely satisfied he was letting me take care of it on my own. I wanted to show them I could take care of myself. I could handle my own and I didn’t need to defer to my mate for everything. I was strong. I was fast.

 

I showed them just how much. I pulled my form in tighter, a small balled up ready to pounce package and no one knew what I was about to do. Pushing with every muscle I could manage to control (some I didn’t know I could) I launched into the air and directly at Victors chest. Sharp thin claws shot out of my fingers, digging into his chest and twisting when I made contact. I snarled low into his face before he used his arms to launch me backward into the tree line.

 

My mate moved forward toward him, and growled. “Okay, enough.” His own claws had launched out of his arms and he stood, rage and something else pouring off him. Awe? I’d caught myself on a sturdy branch and twisted my body back around to perch on another larger branch on the opposite side of the tree. I watched, slightly annoyed as his wounds healed and closed, but felt no real lasting annoyance at that fact, because my own wounds were gone.

 

My mate and the other moved closer, talking but I ignored them. Two things had my attention. The other’s mate, she still sat on her rock, still eyed me intently. She studied me and I glared at her for a moment before dismissing her altogether and turning my attention to the other issue.

 

My hands. I had long, thin, sharp claws sticking out of each of my fingers and they hurt. I sat like that for a few moments, trying to figure out how to make them stop hurting. They were strong and they didn’t hurt when I dug them into the bark next to me. They didn’t bend or break. I wondered when they came from and no answer appeared from the abyss of knowledge in my brain. It was like the answer was there, but inaccessible.

 

I growled, out of aggravation, and suddenly felt everyone’s eyes on me. I flexed my fingers again, avoiding poking myself with the sharp tips. I stretched out my hands and concentrated. When the claws slid slowly back in I flinched and hissed. Then I looked down at the other male. My vision narrowed. I launched myself at him catching him in the shoulders and throwing him backwards; at the same time I reversed my momentum and kicked off his midsection with my feet, landing in a quiet little crouch behind my mate. I growled again.

 

The other one stood there looking at me for a minute before walking toward his mate. Hazel shook her head and smiled at him, then they walked away. My mate turned around, growling low. I wasn’t sure when his claws had slid back in, but they were gone when he reached down toward me. I uncurled from my crouched position, looking at him, my neck exposed in submission.

 

“Marie,” Logan told me. “Come back to me.” Again, that’s really really weird. If going into a feral mindset is like watching a movie playing through my eyes and where I only know half of the information, then coming out is kinda like a vortex where I’m drowning and suddenly, I know everything. I swayed a little on my feet.

 

“That was weird.” I told him.

 

He chuckled and brought his face in close to my neck. He nibbled and smelled a little bit before asking, “You wanna talk about those claws?”

Chapter End Notes:
Well, tell me, was it worth the wait?