Author's Chapter Notes:
Chapter Four! Yay! Ok so you get a glimpse into Morgans mindset about saving the world here. This is the last chapter for this story but I'm prolly gonna bring her back again later. I need time to recharge and go hunting for Plot bunnies under my desk.
Logan was searching through the kitchen junk drawer looking for the earplugs he was sure he'd seen. With all the young kids they'd rescued from the lab the mansion was now filled with screams, shrieks and whining like he'd never heard before. He heard someone walk into the kitchen and looked over to see Morgan and her two kids walk in. The kids were about the only ones who were quiet. The gave him solemn wide eyed looks as Morgan settled them on stools and started rummaging through the fridge.

"You look like you're about ready to bolt." She commented from within the fridge.

"Perceptive ain't ya?" He growled back.

"Oh hush. Xavier found most of the kids parents. They'll be here tomorrow to get their kids. I think there are five or six kids that won't be leaving." Morgan came out with an arm full of sandwich supplies.

"That's a relief."

Morgan started making sandwiches while her kids stared at Logan who was starting to get uncomfortable. "Why are they staring at me?" He growled at Morgan.

"Because you're the first person who's been rude to me that they haven't seen me pole-ax on the spot." She replied handing Hunter a sandwich.

Cassandra suddenly decided to make her voice heard. "She kick you butt."

"Kick you butt cross th' floor." Hunter chimed in.

"You're kidding me right?" Logan asked.

"Hardly. They've seen me in sparring matches." Morgan replied and handed Cassandra a sandwich before cleaning up the mess she'd made.

Logan regarded the kids for a long moment. "You're leaving again ain't ya?"

"Yup. Thinkin' about hitting the road this time. I have enough set by for an RV."

Logan winced. Having taken a camping trip with some of the younger kids in an RV for three days he knew just how confining one of those huge vehicles could be once the kids got bored. "Why don't ya stay here?"

"Because I'm not an X-Man and don't care to be. I don't care about saving the world or trying to convince a bunch of ignorant, self absorbed, bigoted assholes that I'm not dangerous when I've gone out of my way to be dangerous. I only fought with the X-Men to protect who I wanted to protect. Rogue was my reason then. Not anymore. Now I just want to protect my kids and myself. The rest of the world can hang." She pulled a beer out of the fridge and sat across from her kids.

Logan thought about it for a long while. "You still want Rogue and I to adopt yer kids?"

She looked over at him her dark red eyes thoughtful. "I want my kids to have a life where they don't have to run all the time. To have friends they can rely on and a home. You and Rogue can give them that."

"You have to visit. They know yer their mom and it ain't good fer 'em to believe ya abandoned them."

"Fair enough. I'll visit quarterly. Every three months Letters every month. Phone calls the same." Morgan held out a hand and Logan grasped it.
-----------------------------------------------------------

A week later Logan, Rogue, Morgan, Cassandra and Hunter stood on the front lawn. Morgan hugged the kids. Told them to behave for Rogue and Logan and stood up. She shook Logan's hand again. Surprised Rogue with a kiss and lept up into the air. She hovered for a minute adjusting her bag then winged away. Logan looked down at the kids who were still solemnly watching their mother fly away.

Rogue picked Cassandra up and looked at Hunter. "Lets go in."

Hunter nodded and reached up to grasp Logans hand. "Can we watch hokey Mr. Logan?"

"It's Hockey kid and yeah. We'll watch Hockey."
Chapter End Notes:
Please Review!!!!!