Author's Chapter Notes:
Here's chapter three! Yay! Sorry it took so long. I hate the holidays. Spending more time with my inlaws than is healthy for any of us. So anyway. Hope you like it. I have at least once chapter left.
Hope everyone enjoys the mental pic of Morgan riding the leading edge of an explosion she caused.
Rogue, Logan and Morgan sat in the jet on their way to Montana. Big Sky Country, Logan reminiced having been there before. It had been a place he enjoyed, wide open wild places, a sky that really did look as big as it was supposed to and more anti mutant fanatics than anyone could shake a stick at in the populated parts.

"What possessed Chuck's friend to set up a School in a state with a military group that still lynches Indian half breeds?" Logan growled.

"The privacy." Morgan replied. "Miles and miles of miles and miles of nothing around. Xavier sends the more blatantly obvious kids out here where they can run around and no one will see or care. Kind of hard to do that in New York ya know?"

Logan snorted but said nothing. Rogue hadn't spoken a word since getting on the jet and Logan was starting to worry. He switched to a private channel on the headset. "Marie? Wanna tell me what's eatin' you?"

"No but Ah'm gonna." She replied with a sigh.

Logan glanced over at Morgan who had taken out a book and was reading. Then looked back at Rogue when she started talking. "Ah feel horrible. Ah broke up with Morgan and hooked up with ya and she left fer three years. Then she shows up outta th' blue and says she's had kids. Then because she's bein' hunted she wants us to adopt 'em. I'm not sure if Ah should be pissed off or start cryin' outta joy."

Logan nodded. "It was kinda out there wasn't it?"

"What's worse is Ah know it's true. Morgan doesn't lie, eva. Says it's against her religion. Which having seen some of what her religion says Ah believe."

Logan chuckled. "So are we gonna take the kids?"

Rogue sighed and worried her lower lip. "Ah dunno Logan. It doesn't look good fer us having kids of our own but Ah hadn't started thinking adoption just yet."

"So we'll tell her no but have Xavier keep the kids at the School. He's got that nursery school set up for the kids that are born with manifested mutations."

Rogue nodded. "We'll decide about adoptin' later."

Logan switched the com back and settled back to wait out the ride.
------------------------------------------------------------

The lab was hell. Pure and simple hell. Morgan's kids weren't the only ones that had been taken. In total Rogue, Morgan and Logan rescued eighteen kids all under the age of ten. Morgan was drawing fire while Logan and Rogue loaded the kids into the jet. "Morgan, we're loaded lets go!" Logan yelled.

"Go. I'll be fine!" She replied.

Until they'd gotten to the lab Logan hadn't known that Morgan had brought a set of guns. She was currently hovering mid air and duel firing. She had the mercenaries hired by the lab bottle necked in the hanger hall. Logan growled. "We don't leave team mates behind Morgan now get yer ass in the jet."

She turned her head and her eyes sent a chill down his spine. They were blood red and spinning lazily. She had a grin on her face that was cold and grim but exultant. She looked like the demon her father had once called her. "I'm not a team mate. I'm a demon. Leave Logan. Take the kids and leave. I'll be back for mine." And she turned back to the fight.

Logan snarled but closed the hatch. The kids were all too silent which suited him just fine. "Lift off. Get us out of here."

She nodded once and the jet took off. They were reaching a safe cruising altitude when they felt rather than saw the explosion. Logan looked out one of the side port holes and saw the explosion racing upward. Rogue was watching too. "Morgan!" She gasped.

Logan watched the explosion moving up, he knew they were safe. Suddenly his eyes caught something small moving just ahead of the explosion. He grabbed a set of binoculars and focused them on the leading edge of the explosion. Morgan was riding the edge. Her wings fanned out her her arms straight at her sides her legs straight. She looked like a winged arrow. Her black hair was streaming behind her and she had the most rapturous look on her face. She was out running the blast and damned if she didn't look like she was having fun.

"Morgan made it out." He said to Rogue.

He handed the binoculars to Rogue and she watched as the blast started to dissipate. Morgan lost a little bit of lift but she compensated. Eventually she stopped moving up and just hovered. Rogue sat back in her seat and sighed. "Adrenaline junkie." She muttered and steered the jet towards New York.
Chapter End Notes:
Please Review!