Author's Chapter Notes:
Morgan leaves but she might come back. It depends on how I feel. She's my favorite character and I love her.
Morgan nodded. "Kinda what I figured."

Logan felt a pang of guilt at her accepting tone. He generally didn't bother with guilt but the knowledge that he was the reason Morgan didn't have the person she loved anymore was daunting. He looked over at her. "Look kid. I didn't mean it to happen."

She gave a lopsided smirk and he knew her heart wasn't in it. "I know. I guess somewhere in the back of my mind I knew something like this was going to happen."

Logan reached over and slung an arm over her shoulders. He felt her lean her head against his shoulder and smelt the salty tang of tears and a part of him grieved with her. She wiped at her face after a moment and sat up with a sniff. "Sorry."

"Nothin' to be sorry for kid. You love her and she's not yours anymore." He kept his arm slung across her shoulders. Her wings had half unfurled to balance herself and his fingers brushed against them. The felt warm and soft. Like well cured leather.

She fiddled with the ring on her hand and looked over at him after a moment. "I'm gonna be leaving tomorrow."

He nodded. "Runnin'." He said calmly.

"Yeah I guess you can call it that. Rob is safe here he'll be able to learn how to control his power and he'll get a good education." She replied.

He nodded. "Yeah. You'll be sendin' letter I guess."

She nodded and it struck him how odd it was talking about her leaving. He acknowledged privately that he'd miss seeing her around the mansion. She was one of the few people who understood him. He pulled a box out of his pocket and handed it to her. He also handed her a cell phone. "Open the box on Christmas. Use the phone if you need help." He said.

She nodded and handed him a small box too. "Open it whenever you like."

He pried the lid off and found a set of silver rings with something written on the inside of each ring. "It's runic. The runes for love, cherish and commitment." She said. "I had one of the kids stretch it out to fit you after Rogue broke up with me. The other one will fit her." She smiled softly and stood up. "Bye." And she stepped off the roof her wings snapping open and catching her.
-----------------------------------------------------------

The next day the mansion was buzzing with the news. Logan had gone to Rogue and she'd moved into his room that night. Morgan had vanished leaving most of her things behind. She'd apparently taken a backpack of cloths and a few other things but she was gone and everyone in that mansion could guess why.
Chapter End Notes:
Please Review! I need the feedback.