Story Notes:
I own one character the rest belong to Marvel. If you have a problem with homosexuals don't read!
Author's Chapter Notes:
I blame the plot bunnies in my sons closet. They tell me to write things and I have no will to resist. By the way. Yule is a traditional Pagan celebration that involves the burning of a special log and making a wish for the future. There's more involved but I won't go into it here.
Logan sighed looking around the School. It was decorated to within an inch of its life and smelled like a pinesol factory. He could see a few kids scattered around the rec room and sidestepped to avoid the sprig of mistletoe he could smell above him. He heard someone arguing on the far side of the room and decided to go have a look. He saw Morgan sitting on a stool her wings partially flared in annoyance. Scott was standing before her his body practically quivering in anger. "You are not holding that ceremony!"

Morgan raised an eyebrow and pursed her lips before replying. "It's a legitimate religious ceremony and it's not going to hurt anyone."

"Its blasphemous!"

"It's Yule, Scott. It's still a legal holiday in England for Christ sake!" Morgan was getting agitated and Logan could see her dark eyes starting to change colors. He'd always thought her eyes were brown but on the few occasions he'd gotten a good look at her eyes he'd noticed that they were in fact a very dark red.

Scott scowled darkly. Suddenly his features smoothed and Logan heard Xavier's wheel chair whirring up to the confrontation. "Professor. Will you tell her that she can't do that pagan ceremony?" Scott appealed to the Professor.

Xavier looked at Morgan and she seemed to be calming down and Logan wondered if her wings felt like leather or if they were soft like a bats then wondered why he'd thought of that as her wings slowly tucked themselves close to her back. "I wasn't aware that you are a practicing Wiccan Morgan." The touch of irony in Xavier's voice was not lost on the woman.

"Given my looks you think I was ever welcome in church?" She asked sardonically. "Actually I was Christian for a long time even after I ran away from home but I've since had the chance to find a path that suits me better."

Suddenly Rogue came trotting into the room. She skidded to a halt upon seeing the confrontation and looked up at Logan. "Whats goin' on?" She asked quietly.

"Scooter won't let Morgan do a Yule tradition thing and Chuck is mediatin'." Logan replied in an undertone.

Xavier nodded to Morgan and looked at Scott. "She is right Scott. It won't hurt anyone and I dare say some of the kids might enjoy participating. We don't all hold your faith."

And just like that the arguments were over and Scott was stalking away. 'Probably to sooth himself with a coke.' Logan thought irreverently.

Rogue went over and gave Morgan a quick kiss then looked at Logan. "Come to lunch with me?" She asked surprising him.

"Sure." He replied.

Rogue waved to Morgan and hooking her arm through Logan's dragged him out to her car. They drove to a local pub and She ordered a burger, fries and a beer. He ordered the same and they spent a few comfortable moments filling their stomachs. After most of his burger was gone her looked over at her. "So what'cha need kid?"

"Morgan has a brother. He's a mutant. She used to get letters from him every week and she says he was hiding his mutation really well. He could pass for human. Well the letters stopped coming and she's scared he's hurt or someone found out about him but she can't go help him." Rogue sipped her beer again.

"Why not?" He asked.

"Did she tell you about what she used to do before she came to the school?"

"Yeah. She was a Merc. They kicked her out." Logan had the feeling something was up.

"Kicked her out...yeah that's her polite way o' sayin' they tried to kill her." Rogue scowled. "She managed to escape and was on the road when Charles found her. She's been getting death threats. They want her really dead. She knows things that they don't want her talkin' about. If she leaves the School grounds they'll tag her."

Logan raised an eyebrow. "She left with me last week." He pointed out.

"Yeah. With you. No one was gonna mess with her with you around. They may be mercenaries but they ain't stupid." Rogue pointed out.

"So I'm s'posed to go find out what happened to her brother? Why hasn't she asked Chuck or the X-Men for help?"

"Cause she doesn't know if there's any reason to be worried. She wasn't even gonna ask ya. I'm doin' this without her knowin'." Rogue shrugged.

Logan drank his beer and munched his fries while he thought it over. Rogue did the same. "Where does this kid live?" He asked.

"In Virginia."

Logan did the calculations in his head. "You can fly the jet right?"

"Yeah." Rogue finished her beer but didn't look over at him.

"Tomorrow Scooter and Storm are takin' the kids Christmas shopping. We'll leave then."

Rogue nodded. She paid the bar tender and they went back to the mansion.Logan watched Rogue marshal the younger kids into inventorying the wrapping paper and the tape before he went down into the danger room for some sparring.
Chapter End Notes:
Please Review!