Author's Chapter Notes:
Something I though up after my own new roommate though it would pop up on my desk whilst I was doing work.

Ive rated it PG13 for lanuage just in case, but if it need to be higher let me know.
God damn that woman sure had one set of lungs on her, why the hell is she screaming at 2:30 in the morning, wake up the whole god damn mansion.

“Marie what the hell are you screaming about?” I say as I open her bedroom door.

“Oh god Logan, please get, kill, anything just get rid of it,” Marie begs from her standing position on the bed.

“What the hell are you talking about Marie?” she looks like a little kid standing there scared out of her mine.

“The mouse Logan, get it out of here,” hold up, a mouse!! She’s screaming about a god damn little mouse. It takes every strength of will power not to laugh at her.

“A mouse, your screaming about a little mouse,” damn there goes that will power, but god damn I couldn’t help it and from the looks of her face she’s not as amused as I am.

“Little, Logan this wasn’t a little, it was a great BIG fucking mouse, and it’s over there I can hear it. Please can you get rid of it for me,” damn there are those puppy dog eyes again; even in the dark I can still see them. And who can say no to a scared, begging Marie, I know I sure cant. So here I am at 2:35 in morning looking a mouse in Marie’s wardrobe. I stick my head in and start to sniff around the bottom part of the wardrobe. And there right in the corner is a very scared and even tinier, pathetic looking thing of a mouse.

I make a grab for its tail before it has a chance to make a break for freedom. As I grab the mouse I hold it in between my hands and stand up again, as I turn to show Marie she starts screaming her head off again.

“God damn kid will you knock that of, I’m having a bit of trouble hearing over here.”

“GET RID OF IT, GET RID OF IT,” she more hysterical then from when I first came in, running around on the bed to try and find away to escape.

“And what should I do with?” I’m just curious to found out what she had in mind.

“Throw it out the window, flush it down the toilet, I don’t care just get IT out of my room,” I start to laugh again as I head out of Marie’s room and down to the main doors. I let the mouse out into the forest on the grounds of Xavier’s School For Gifted Youngest and make my way back to the mansion. I was gonna head straight back to bed, but I thought I would just let Marie know that her little roommate has been evicted.

“All gone darlin, won’t be seeing Micky anytime soon,” I’m leaning on the door frame of her room. She now sitting down on her bed but has pulled her knees up against her chest, her head laying on top of her knees.

“Hey, you alright darlin? It was just a little mouse it’s not like it could hurt you or anything,” I walk over to where she sitting on her bed and climb behide her.

“It’s not that Logan, it’s just, I was having a nightmare before ‘Micky’ as you’ve called him woke me up. I was being tested on, me not you and I just kept thinking how much I felt like a lab rat looked up and only brought out to feel pain. And when I heard that mouse I thought my nightmare had come to life.” Poor kid, she’s shaking like a leaf, can’t help but pull her against my chest and hold on as she cries her eyes out.

“Hush now darlin, that’s never gonan happen to you, I’ll make sure of it,” she’s turning her head up to meet my eyes. The look of hopefulness is shining bright in her brown eyes.

“You promise Logan?”

“Yeah darlin, I promise,” and I can’t help but kiss her forehead. I feel the pull of her mutation but only for a second.

“Stay with me tonight Logan, I don’t think I will be able to get back off without you here,” how could I say no to her.

“I’ll stay here for as long as you need me,” I move my body so that I’m now lying on her bed, with Marie curled up into my side.

“My Logan, the mouse hunter,” she sighs and falls asleep; I can’t help but smile and soon follow into the world of the unknown.