Story Notes:
To this day my husband counts the amount of time dragged along during baby registry as the worst afternoons of his life. It seemed tome that Logan would just LOVE spending a day at Babies R Us. I don't own that, Fox, X-men or anything else.
Author's Chapter Notes:
It's the kind of afternoon to strike terror into even the bravest of X-Men.....X-Women, not so much!
Logan was working on his motorcycle in the garage when he first experienced a sense of impending doom. He closed his eyes, breathed deeply through his nose and groaned when he recognized the scent. Yep, impending doom alright. Loud, yellow, frequently obnoxious impending doom.

"Hey Wolvie!"

Putting down his wrench, Logan stood and cracked his neck. "Whatcha want, Jubilee?"

Placing on hand on a yellow clad hip, the Asian girl tilted her head and grinned. "It's not what I want, it's more like what you need."

The eyebrow went up. "I s'pose you're gonna tell me what the hell you're talking about."

Jubilee went to the tool bench and hopped onto it, snapping her gum as she began to swing her legs. "We need to get Rogue and the baby registered."

"Registered?" Logan echoed. "The Mutant Registration Act was voted down......"

Jubilee burst out laughing. "God, Wolvie, you slay me, seriously. We need to get them registered at a store." When there was no response, she sighed. "You know, where you go around and pick out all the stuff you want and then the store keeps track of the list. That way people know what to buy you."

"What does Rogue have to say about this?"

Eyes gleaming, Jubilee nodded. "For some reason, she thinks you should go with her to pick the stuff out." She leaned forward slightly, going in for the kill. "It would make her *really* happy if you came along."

Logan could think of many, many things he'd rather do than spend time in retail hell with Jubilee, even if it did mean a lot to his wife. Things like tangle with the Brotherhood, chew broken glass, get hit by a truck. Then he thought of how he knew Marie would love it if he participated. He sighed.

"Lemme go take a shower. We'll meet back here in an hour."

As he strode back toward the mansion, he shifted his cigar from one side of his mouth to the other. He could handle this. He was a bad ass, he was tough. He was one of the X-Men. He was Wolverine!


**************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************


Seven hours later, the tough, bad ass Wolverine was ready to whimper and beg Rogue to leave the nightmare that was Babies R Us. Without his healing mutation, he was pretty sure he'd have permanent hearing loss due to the number of high pitched squeals he'd heard over everything from something called a onesie, whatever the hell that exactly was, to tiny socks and embroidered blankets. To be fair it wasn't just Rogue and Jubilee and Ororo who'd made all those screechy female noises. Nah, it had been every pregnant woman in the store, maybe every woman, period.

During a seemingly never ending discussion over brands of baby wipes, Logan had looked around and seen another man in the next aisle, looking like he was being tortured. Their eyes met for a moment of male bonding and solidarity. The man had nodded to Logan as if to say "Roped you into being here too, huh buddy?"

Rogue finally saw every single bootie, pacifier, mobile and socket plug in the store and agreed they could go home. They turned in their registration scanner and piled into the SUV to head back to the mansion.

Once safely back in the quiet of their suite, Logan sat in his favorite chair, booted feet stretched out in front of him. He pinched the bridge of his nose between his thumb and forefinger, wondering how long it would be before the cloying scent of so many clashing women's perfumes left him. He opened one eye and groaned in appreciation when Rogue sat on the arm of his chair and handed him a beer.

"Have I told you today that you're the most perfect woman in the world?" He tipped the bottle and downed half of it.

Rogue's eyes sparkled with amusement as she patted his shoulder. "Ah'm always happy to hear that, sugah. On a scale of one to ten how bad was today for you?"

He'd been married long enough to know that this had the potential to be a loaded question. He also knew that Rogue could be reduced to crying jags or fits of temper very easily since she'd been pregnant. Not wanting to upset her in any way, he looked down at his beer and replied, "Wasn't too bad."

He snuck a peek at her and was met with the sight of her biting her lip, shoulders trembling.

"Uh, it was great, it was terrific, I loved it!"

At that the dam broke and his wife burst out laughing, head thrown back and tears streaming down her cheeks. "Your face, sugah," she gasped between fits of giggles. "Ya'll should see your face!"

As she finally calmed down, she slid off the arm of the chair and into a mystified Logan's lap. With an arm around his shoulder, she kissed him sweetly then leaned back to look into his eyes. "If I ever doubted it, I know ya love me after today. I never saw a man look so tormented and ya didn't complain once because I told ya I was glad ya agreed to come."

Logan snorted, then wrapped his hand behind Rogue's neck for a deeper, longer kiss. When it ended, Rogue was flushed. "I do love ya, darlin'." He paused, tucking a strand of white hair behind her ear. "But I ain't ever going there again!"
Chapter End Notes:
Feedback is super appreciated!