Author's Chapter Notes:
Ok, last chapter and it's a little sad but! Maybe she'll be back. We'll see what my little brain cooks up.
Logan was beating the shit out of the punching bag his mind fighting to process the information he’d just received.
Rogue was understandably upset. He’d found her in their room looking through a photo album. “Is she here to take ya back?” She’d finally asked.
“No. She said she wanted to know I was alive. Just to see me.” He’d replied.
She’d turned a page staying quiet. “She loves ya.”
He’d kept his mouth shut letting her talk. “She wants ya back even if she says she doesn’t. Why else would she have spent twenty years lookin’ for ya?”
“I dunno darlin’. The past’s hard to let go of.” He’d said and moved over to sit next to her.
She’d leaned against him. “Are ya gonna go talk to her again?”
He hadn’t answered right away. He really hadn’t known if he was going to go see Heather again. Rogue had flipped through the pages until he spoke again. “I think I might, just to see what she knows.”
“I’m gonna go stay with Kitty for a few days.”
Logan had nodded. “So ya don’t kill ‘er.”
She’d chuckled. “Yeah.”
She’d left an hour later and Logan had gone to work out some tension.

He finished beating the bag and went up to his room. He was so focused on his own thoughts that at first he didn’t notice the dark eyes watching him. When he did notice he popped his claws, he didn’t like being watched. “Those are new.” Heather commented from where she was sitting on a window sill.
“Got ‘em sometime after I disappeared from you.” He replied.
He retracted his claws and leaned against a wall watching her. She held his eyes. “You really don’t remember me do you?” She finally asked.
“Not even a little.” He replied. “Whatever they did to me messed up my mind but good.”
She winced at that. “What do you want to know?”
“Who was I?”
“You didn’t tell me much about yourself when we were together.” She replied looking out the window. You used to say your life began when you met me. You told me a few things though. You were born in 1791 in France. Your mutation developed when you were sixteen. You said you don’t remember much until you came to the States. You wandered a lot had a couple of wives who died of old age on you. You were even a slave once.”
“Yeah, I remembered that a few months ago. Things are coming back in bits and pieces.” Logan said.
“You had a wife when you were in your twenties in Japan. Said I reminded you a lot of her but you refused to talk about her.” Heather said after a few minutes. “Anyway. You didn’t tell me much.”
“And what do you want?” He asked.
She thought about it for a few minutes. “I wanted to know you were alive. I got that. I wanted to know if you were happy. I guess you are. Part of me used to hope you might still love me but I gave up on that a long time ago. If you’d still loved me you would have come back. And now I know you don’t even remember me or our life together.” She stopped as her voice broke. She cleared her throat and kept goin. “I didn’t know where you would be in this huge place so I decided to wait near your room.” She pulled an envelope out from under her leg and handed it to him. “Divorce papers. I know you’ll be marrying that sweet looking girl and I want it to be completely legal so as soon as you sign those you’ll be all set.”
He opened them and found that she’d already signed the papers. He heard her moving and looked up to see her slipping off the window sill. Her eyes were bright with unshed tears. She turned to leave and he grabbed her arm. “Hey.”
She refused to look at him her head held high while she fought the tears. “Why didn’t you give up on me in twenty years?”
“Because I love you.” She turned her head and looked at him the tears being held at bay by sheer will. “The day you left for town you’d had a dream. A dream about being lost and never being able to find your way. All your instincts told you to stay home but I was sick with pneumonia and you had to go get my prescription. I remember…” She turned her head and looked out the window a few tears slipping down her cheeks. “I remember you told me that you loved me and you’d be back no matter what. That I was your map.”
He saw her shoulder quiver and was at a loss as to what to do for her. “I waited but you never came back. But I never stopped loving you. No other man could even come close to being as important to me as you.” She wiped her eyes and chuckled roughly. “Listen to me whine. Once the papers are signed just put them in the envelope and stick it in a mailbox it’ll get to where it needs to go.” She started walking away. When she rounded a corner Logan heard someone behind him.
Rogue was standing there hand over her mouth eyes filled with tears. “Why did she do that?” She asked.
Logan pulled her into his arms and held her tightly. “Cause she loves me.” He said roughly.


Heather left the mansion an hour later. She climbed into her jeep and drove to the gate. She stopped when she saw Logan standing next to the wrought iron gates. He loped over and she rolled down her window.
“You runnin’ Heather?” He asked.
She felt her heart stop when he said her name. “No. I’m going home. My people need help bringing in the harvest and I promised I’d be there before it snows.”
He reached in and ran a thumb over her cheekbone. “I just wanted to say I’m sorry. Sorry that I don’t remember and that I can’t respond to yer feelings in kind.”
She put a finger on his lips. “I know. I’m sad and I wish you still loved me but I understand.” She leaned over and gave him a quick kiss then drove away.
Logan watched the jeep leave then walked back to the Mansion. Rogue was standing on the steps waiting for him.
Chapter End Notes:
Ok, I hope everyone enjoyed this. Please review? I really want to know how this went over.