Author's Chapter Notes:
When I saw the deleted scenes from X1 after rewatching it for the millionth time, I couldn’t help it. This nasty little critter bit me - I hope you like it. Feedback is very, very, very much appreciated!
Sitting in the hard chair, in a stuffy classroom for the third day in a row Rogue shifted uneasily. With Logan laying unconscious in the medlab she was on her own. A fact that she was beginning to feel was designed by that annoying, self-possessed red-haired doctor.

“What’s your name?” the soft toned voice had her glancing to her right and she raised an eyebrow at the young man sitting looking at her with a smile.

“Rogue,” she replied softly even as the boy in front of her started a small fire ball only to be doused by a blast of icy air. She swallowed the urge to remind them this was all something they’d done once before and she wasn’t any more impressed now then she had been that time.

“I’m Bobby. Welcome to Mutant High...again,” the boy replied with a smile setting a delightfully crafted ice sculpture on her desk before leaning back in his seat.

With a faint smile she turned her attention back to the teacher, even as she could hear the whispers from the girls to her left. Whispering about which boy was the cutest, who was going out. The things that normal teenagers did, things she’d have gossiped about before.

Before it happened. Shifting uneasily she sighed, Logan was the first person, the only person who didn’t flinch when she came too close, the only person who didn’t look at her like she was some sort of killer – and he was the one with first hand experience. She knew better than most what a rarity that was - even these geeks didn’t know her mutation’s full powers and she wasn’t about to reveal it without just cause.

As soon as class was dismissed she headed for her dorm room to grab her books for the next class. Slipping into the room she grabbed them and headed back to the classrooms. Pausing outside of one of them she frowned at the soft conversation that came through the partially opened door.


“What kind of mutation gives you metal claws?” the soft snicker of a girl echoed in the hallway.

“Did you see him though? Just because he’s a freak amongst freaks doesn’t mean he’s not cool. I wouldn’t mind shagging him,” the giggle that followed had Rogue grinding her teeth.


Slipping into the classroom she settled into her seat and glanced at the young woman in yellow sitting next to a rather plain looking dark haired girl. Opening her book she glanced to the front of the class and noted that the teacher was the young man who’d blasted the seatbelt in Logan’s truck.

“Great,” she muttered angrily. “It’s not like I don’t have enough to worry about.”



Swearing steadily under her breath, Rogue slipped soundlessly into the library and padded across the room to the window seat. Sinking into it she stared out into the growing darkness anger broiling at the thought of anyone refusing to let her see Logan.

For some reason they all seemed to think she needed to be protected from him. She wondered briefly if they knew she didn’t want to be protected from him, that she trusted him implicitly. Feeling a rather annoying push of emotion she realized they didn’t see it that way. For them, Logan was the untamed monster, and she was just a little girl.

“Hey girl,” the now familiar voice had her glancing to her right at the girl she’d overheard called Jubilee. “We were just going to head for the swimming pool. You wanna come?”

“No thank you,” Rogue replied stiffly. First and foremost she didn’t have a bathing suit, and second she wasn’t about to go half naked with a bunch of careless kids around.

“You sure? Looks like you could use a friend.”

“I’ve got one,” Rogue replied softly, hesitantly and shifted in her seat. “Thank you.”

With a nod Jubilee turned and hurried away to join a small group of students standing by the door. Whatever she said to them they glanced sharply at Rogue before giggling and disappearing out the door.

Shaking her head, Rogue returned to her silent vigil her mind wandering and she wondered how far Logan would have taken her if that fur ball hadn’t attacked them. She kinda wished that he’d wanted to keep her, wanted to have her around because she had to admit she wanted him to want her.

It had been a very long time since she’d trusted anyone enough to reveal her real name. But Logan just kinda instilled that trust, he knew what she was and he didn’t run from it. Of course the fact that he had metal claws probably gave him some sense of security but really. He could have left her behind and he hadn’t.



Long after darkness had fallen Rogue sat there in the darkened library staring out the window at nothing, lost within her own dreams, memories of a time when she’d been just plain old Marie. High school student, teenaged girl, and beloved daughter. Not mutant freak that nearly killed a boy just by kissing him!

Rising with a slight yawn she padded across the room moving quickly despite the darkness. Pausing by the doors she frowned as she heard a particular voice mention Logan’s name.

“He’s dangerous Jean.”

“Scott he’s still extremely wounded from the fight with Sabertooth. He’ll be lucky if he heals after he let her drain him.”

“You saying he may die?”

“I don’t know Scott. I don’t know what his healing powers are capable of. I mean I know his body’s been making an antibody within it but I don’t know what it means.”

“Well I hope he hurries up,” Scott’s angry voice filled the darkness around Rogue. “Should either die or get up and get out.”

“Scott!”

“What? You think just because I only see in red that I’m blind? I know you want to fuck him and he’s not the usual type for one of your little flings.”

“Scott..”

“He isn’t going to let go when you say it’s over Jean. He isn’t the type,” Scott declared easily. “He’s an animal, a freak and deserves to get whatever he gets.”

“That is very uncharitable Scott.”

“He put of us all at risk on the Statue. Not only did he not follow orders, but he touched her again. That’s twice now Jean,” Scott replied sharply. “I’ll bet you that if you were to dig a little deeper he’s exploited her at least once or twice to.”

“Scott she’s not a little girl. She’s been on the road for a while. Even if he did have sex with her, it’s very unlikely he was the first. No money, no street smarts, no skills for survival, and a face and body like that? No, he wouldn’t have been the first one.”

“So we’re stuck with an animal and a whore,” Scott snapped sharply. “Great!”

“You hear what the kids were saying today at the pool?”

“No.”


“Boys and girls want to test him. See how well he heals. Course they all want to know how much of an animal he is to. Bobby and St. John as well as a couple of others were talking about how he wasn’t so tough. They figure if they ganged up on him they could take him.”

“You think they could be right?”

“No. They don’t have the skills to fight him. I think the only person here who could take him is Rogue and we both know she’s not going to do it.”

“Right now at least. When she catches him with his dick in somebody else then she will.” Scott chuckled easily.

Grinding her teeth together Rogue pressed against the wall and listened angrily.

“Wonder how he did it? She’s so cold that it’s surprising that he managed to even get her to say anything,” Jean’s voice was starting to fade. “Course a ride to wherever she’s going was probably enough of an enticement to get her to put out. You should ask him if she’s gives good head. Maybe she’d be willing to do you if you offer her something she wants.”

Scott laughed softly even as his voice faded, “Head wouldn’t be enough Jean. But it’s a thought.”

Shaking her head Rogue stepped out into the darkened hallway and headed for the lift they’d brought her up in. Stepping into it she looked at the panel and pressed the M. Just hearing what these people thought of her and Logan was enough to make her sick and she wanted to know if Logan felt the same. If he looked at her and saw a whore or if he saw a young woman.

Stepping into the well lit med bay Rogue glanced around and smirked. Obviously they hadn’t been down here yet. Sniffing slightly she glanced down the hallway, the scent of Logan mixing with the familiar odor of sex and she followed both.

Stepping through the doors she paused, Logan lay stretched out on a gurney, tubes and bandages wrapped around his body. His chest rising and falling in a steady rhythm, he appeared to be sleeping soundly.

“Logan?” Rogue whispered softly as she inched toward him. “Logan can you hear me?”

Stopping mere inches from him she twisted her hand together and sighed, “I’m so sorry Logan,” she whispered as he made no move, not even a twitch of a muscle. “You should have let me die on that thing. I’m not worth the trouble you’re gonna have to go through to get out of here.”

Shaking her head slowly Rogue battled with the need to cry, “Just be glad you haven’t heard what everyone’s been saying about us. It’s horrible and it makes me so mad. You’ve done so much for these fucker’s - you saved their lives at the Statue- and they don’t give a rat’s ass. I can’t help but feel a little bitter.”


Shifting she turned away from Logan only to jerk to a complete halt at the bone crushing grip on her wrist. Whipping her head around she stared into a pair of familiar hazel eyes. “Logan!”

“Shh,” Logan whispered sitting up slowly and shaking his head. “I’m okay.”

“Sure you are. That’s why you’ve been asleep for three days.”

“Just resting,” Logan smirked at her with that easy familiar grin of his and Rogue relaxed. “So what are the students saying ‘bout us?”

“I don’t even wanna repeat it,” Rogue growled. “Its bullshit and they actually believe it.”

“What are they saying?” the forceful note in his voice brooked no arguments at all even as he sniffed and awareness shot into his eyes of the odors permeating the room.

“That you’re a monster and I’m a whore. That the only reason you gave me a ride was ‘cause I let you fuck me.”

Logan shook his head, his eyes filling with anger at her words. Shifting he slid off the bed and landed on his bare feet. “Everyone sayin’ it?”

“I guess. I only overheard the conversation the two main geeks were havin’,” Rogue shrugged indifferently, “But I sure caught the looks the kids sent at me when I refused to go swimming with them. A couple of ‘em were stripping me with their eyes and the girls were whispering ‘bout me.”

“What did the main geeks say?”

“Jean said Scott should ask you if I gave good head,” Rogue stepped back when Logan stepped forward only to come to a dead stop when her tugged on her arm. “Figured I’d be happy to if he gave me something I wanted.”

“Fuckers,” Logan ground out and stared at the slight figure before him. Well that meant that when he left he’d be takin’ the kid cause he wasn’t about to leave her here. Studying her he inhaled sharply, the odor of pain, loathing, and shame rolled off her along with the rancid smell of her fury. Under it all though was the familiar smell of innocence, of exhaustion and he found it impossible to resist. “Look lets get this settled okay?”

“How?” Rogue demanded suddenly. “You think they’re gonna believe us if we say we haven’t done anything. That all you’ve done is given me a ride in exchange for my smart assed comments about your camper?”

“No,” Logan glanced around and stalked over to grab another sweatshirt, “I know for a fact that they’d think we were lyin’.”

“So what do you wanna do?”


“Right after we have a little chat with the fearless leader and his ‘wife’ we’re leavin’.”

“Where to?” Rogue shifted. “I don’t wanna be a burden Logan and I haven’t got any money or anything. And contrary to what they’re saying I’m not a whore..”

“Trust me kid, you are far from a burden to me. I happen to enjoy your company - you don’t ask fool questions and get on my nerves all the time. And I don’t want a whore; I want you around just as you are.”

Rogue smiled at that and watched as Logan rolled his neck, cracking the vertebrae easily. Without a word she followed him into the hallway and to the lift. Riding in silence she smiled at the banked fury in Logan’s frame as the elevator glided to a stop.

Stepping out into the main floor Logan glanced both ways before grunting and heading for the cafeteria. He could smell the fuckers all the way down the hall and he had no intention of letting them get away with calling his girl anything but a lady.

Stepping into the room he noted that Cyclops was sitting with Jean, Ororo, and the Professor. The students were sitting at separate tables a short distance away eating their dinner. It was obvious that they hadn’t noticed him yet by the soft whispers that he could clearly hear.

“I’ll bet Peter could take him. After all Peter’s metal to.”

“Not likely. Peter wouldn’t even think of it. He’s too much of a gentleman.”

“What you think you could take him Bobby?”

“Sure just freeze his ass.”

“Yeah right, and I’ll bet you think he’d watch you banging his little..”

“Shh,” the one named Bobby suddenly hissed and glanced sharply at the doorway. “Looks like the animal is awake.”

“Just hope he didn’t hear us,” the other boy muttered angrily a touch of fear making his voice crack.

With a sneer Logan eyed them before walking across the room to where Cyclops was sitting. Stopping at the edge of the table he cracked his neck easily and glared at those seated.

“I see you’re up and about Logan,” Charles said eying the man who was glaring at Scott with barely leashed hostility. “How are you feelin’?”

“Great,” Logan shot back silkily and raised an eyebrow. “The kid and I are leaving.”


“What?” Scott shot to his feet at the statement. “You can’t possibly be serious. She’s just a little girl.”

“Yeah well my girl and I don’t appreciate being treated like freaks. Or being labeled either,” Logan snarled evenly and glared at Scott. “So as soon as you tell me where you stashed my stuff we’ll be outta your hair.”

“Your belongings are in your room,” Charles started quickly with a slight frown.

“Rogue,” Logan glanced at her steadily. “Go grab ‘em and yours to.”

Rogue smiled and nodded before jerking off her gloves and racing out the door. She took the stairs two at one time and slipped into his room before locking it quickly. It only took five minutes to gather his belongings, and another ten before she had hers packed as well. Racing back into the cafeteria she noticed the looks the kids were exchanging along with the smell of pure rage in the air.

A quick glance revealed Logan was barely keeping his temper under control. “Got everythin’ sugah.”

“Good. We’re outta here.”

“You can’t be serious,” Jean’s voice stopped both of them for a moment even as Rogue glanced uneasily at Logan.

“Why not? The chance you have of gettin’ nailed is about the same as that blue bitch. I don’t like it when people tell me what to do. Or when they call my girl anything but a lady.”

Rogue glared at them for a moment before smiling sweetly and slipping her newly gloved hand into Logan’s, “Bye.”

All but dragging the poor kid outta the room, Logan headed for the garage. Spotting the motorcycle he smirked, “You ever been on one?”

“No.”

“I’ll teach you,” Logan promised as he straddled it. Feeling her warmth curled up behind him Logan smiled softly and revved the engine. A moment later he hit the paved driveway and headed for the slowly opening gates.

Turning North he headed back for Canada, he didn’t give a fuck about what these prick’s thought of him but he’d be damned if he’d give ‘em a kid to torment. Especially one who hadn’t done anything to deserve the shit they were piling on her. With an angry snarl he shifted, pulling on Rogue’s hands until they were wrapped tighter around him before hitting the red button and watching the scenery flood past them like Niagra falls.