"I admit it, Logan is a dummy," Kitty sighed softly as she glanced up when the door to their room opened and their newest room mate entered. "Hey Beth."

"Kit-Kat, havin' a break," the tall, dark haired girl with flashing amber eyes barely looked at the girl on the bed. Instead she walked past to the closet and jerked open the door to extract a jacket.

"No, we're busy," Kitty replied watching the other girl closely, Beth was a mutant with special gifts - she could mimic another's gift sorta like Mystique only she didn't change into someone else. She just copied their mutation's powers.

"Doing what?"

"Trying to figure out a way for Rogue to get her man," Jubilee replied quickly.

"Oh, well have fun with that," Beth drawled and turned to walk back out. Unlike most of the other students, Beth had been a runaway picked up off the street to avoid being caught by the labs.

"Maybe if you went out to one of his fight clubs," Kitty suggested.

"Won't work. Tried it already, he just dragged me back here and gave me the same lecture for three days. Did the dress up thing with the same result minus the lecture. I've done it all," Rogue moaned softly and turned to stare at the open doorway where Beth stood. "Let me guess you forgot something?"

"No," Beth shrugged and leaned against the doorjamb, "I just realized we have similar problems. Lack of observation by certain persons under this roof. You however I think can be helped."

"How?"

"Logan likes you too much to publicly humiliate you, so you're pretty safe no matter what you do. Since you've tried everything why not try a more direct approach."

"Like what?"

"Its five in the afternoon. Where would he be at this moment?"

"Probably getting ready for dinner which will be in an hour."

"Exactly," Beth smiled charmingly. "So just wait until he can't escape, and you've got an audience and walk in and tell him the truth."

"Yeah, like that's gonna work for my Chica," Jubilee snapped her gum noisily.

"Why wouldn't it?" Beth shrugged. "Just tell him you like him like him."

"Huh?" Rogue stared at the other girl.

"Just walk up to him when he's in a position where he can't escape and tell him you wanna move your relationship further ahead," Beth trailed off and Rogue grinned at her.

"This might just work," she giggled as she flopped back on the bed, her fingers tangled in the tag's chain around her neck. Talking relationships with Logan was pointless, she'd have to be a lot more blunt than that but she could do it. She would do it.

"Don't see why it wouldn't. Just gotta have the balls to do it," Beth said and walked away.

"I'm beginning to like that girl," Kitty whistled low. "Street smart and understanding."

"Ha, she's just using Rogue as a test subject cause she's got a thing for St. John."

"I thought St. John liked her," Rogue frowned.

"He does. He just doesn't know how to tell her."

"Well we can set `em up later. Come on, I need to look confident if this is gonna work, which means I need your input ladies."

"Okay," Jubilee said rising swiftly and jerking open the closet. "Confident, determined, and sexy got it."

"Don't forget to include protective wear in this ensemble," Kitty cautioned as Rogue ran a brush through her hair quickly.

"I haven't forgotten," Jubes drawled and grinned at Rogue who looked scared for a moment. "Now then, let the transformation begin!"


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Glancing up Logan frowned, it was nearly six thirty and Rogue and her friends still hadn't come to dinner. Sending a curious glance to his right he sighed, looked like Scott and Jean were in fine form tonight. Hearing Jean's soft giggle Logan barely restrained himself enough to finish his coffee. They were acting worse than the kids these days - probably cause they'd been going at it like rabid bunnies ever since their last mission.

Feeling the hair on the back of his neck prick, Logan tensed as the room fell silent. Glancing at the door he didn't see anything unusual about the yellow wonder and the shy kid standing there before hurrying to their table.

Raising an eyebrow at Rogue though he wondered what was up. Dressed from head to toe in black, with her hair pulled back into a thick braid she looked determined. With a shrug Logan turned his attention back to his dinner even as Jean looked at him with a pitying look.

"What?"

"Nothing," Jean replied quickly noting the anger in his tone. She glanced at Scott and `Ro and wondered if they'd picked up on it yet.

{What is she doing?} `Ro's mental inquiry had Jean hiding her grin.

~Giving Logan a wake up call.~ Jean replied seriously. ~A very big, very public wake up call!~

{This should be good then.}

{{Indubitably,}} Charles replied watching the young mutant stalking across the room headed for the main table.

"Hey kid," Logan glanced at Rogue then at the others at the table who were struggling to hide their snickers. "Ya got something to say geeks?"

"No," Scott snickered quickly. "Uh just uh got something in my throat."

"Try a drink of water Scooter," Logan growled even as Rogue moved closer to him. Turning around he frowned slightly when she moved to stand over his legs, keeping him firmly in his seat, "Something on your mind kid?"

"You could say that," Rogue said sucking in a deep breath for courage. Feeling a moment of trepidation she hesitated for a second before mentally shrugging her doubts aside. Sometimes you had to use blunt force to get the point across - especially when the person whom your trying to communicate with has adamantium in their skull.

"It requires you in my lap?" Logan asked quickly with a grin, not that he objected. Rogue was the object of his fantasy - had been as long as he would admit to. Of course he didn't advertise that fact, something he knew would create problems for..

"Logan you payin' attention?" Rogue's voice had him nodding briefly before focusing on her again.

"Yeah darlin' whatcha need?"

"Pay attention I'll try to make this as painless as is humanly possible," Rogue declared leaning over and planting her hands on the table on either side of his shoulders. "You and I have known each other for ages, weeks, months, years! Now everyone knows how I feel about you.."

"I know Rogue.."

"Do not interrupt," Rogue replied firmly hoping he wouldn't pick up on her uncertainty. "Frankly I am surprised you haven't picked up on the rather obvious, blatant attempts to get your attention made by myself. However since that doesn't seem to be working I figured I'd try this approach."

"Uh and this approach is suppose to.."

"Shut up. Now I think its high time we started sleeping together."

"We're already sleeping together," Logan pointed out carefully, not really sure what was going on. After all they spent most nights wrapped around each other so what her point was, he wasn't sure.

"I do not in any way, shape or form mean sleep you thick headed moron!" Rogue snapped. "I mean sleep as in have sex, as in.."

"Uh Rogue.." the professor started only to snap his mouth shut at her look.

"I have had enough of this sexual tension Mister Sex in Jean Himself! Your ass belongs to me got it?"

"Uh kid.."

"My name is Rogue," she snapped glaring at him.

"Okay, Rogue you're my best friend and I'm not sure that jumping into something is going to be very good for you. I mean.."

"Oh shut up Logan! I know you inside and out and I can tell you wanna jump my bones so just give in before you get yourself in over your head!" Whirling Rogue headed for the door pointedly ignoring the others in the room. "And the new sleeping arrangements start tonight whenever you get to `our' room!"

"Guess she told you!" Scott roared at Logan's blank shocked look.

"Uh Rogue um.."

"Yeah," Jean giggled. "She did."

"Oh man," Logan groaned and rose to head for the door shaking his head, "I am fried!"

"Better than iced!" Jubilee snickered walking past him and heading for a seat next to Kitty.