Dreams kept evading her. She was tossing and turning restlessly, trying to come up a good way to avoid seeing Logan the next morning. After all, that was kind of mandatory. She wouldn’t be going home without him and the truck they had rented. Of course she could call to Scott. she could call anybody at Xavier’s and ask them to pick her up, but she didn’t feel like explaining the events that led to her dumping Logan in the middle of their supposed vacation.

Finally, after several hours of sweaty sheets and lumpy pillow she got up. Checked the room, and the adjoining bathroom. No rats. Perhaps shower would do her good? She often found it soothing during stressful times. Or perhaps she could take a bath?

Water was lukewarm, just barely above room temperature, but she didn’t mind. It dissolved the salt from her tears that cling to her skin. She could scrub off the sticky sweat and accumulated dirt. And it was quiet. So blessedly quiet that she could actually hear something small scooting around in the bedroom. Rattling behind the paper bin. Silent chirping and nibbling at her clothes, her nightly visitor was probably munching half-melted chocolate bar she had forgotten in to pocket of her jeans.

She thought about it for a moment, just sitting there, her hands frozen, one holding the messy bun of her hair, one grasping a bar of soap from a soap dish.

Then she screamed.

It really was irrational, but there was no way she could have stopped screaming, knowing that there were a rat, or even worse, several rats just waiting for her to get out of the bath tub.

The locked door of the bathroom that led to Logan’s room burst suddenly open, and there he stood on full alert, ready to take on heaven or hell, clad in jeans and his hair still tousled from sleep, yet his eyes scanning the room sharply before turning to her.

“A rat… In my room…” She stuttered, pointing at the open door of her room. Logan relaxed and snorted.
“Call the exterminator,” he grunted, then slammed the door shut, leaving her alone with the pesky intruder. She screamed again, and the door opened.
“And stop screaming, for fucks sake. People are trying to sleep.”
She shivered in the water under his gaze.
“I can’t… It’s a rat… They’re icky…” She really tried not to scream and squirm, and she knew she wouldn’t be able to stop if Logan closed the door again. Just having him standing there was better than being alone with a rat.
“Could you throw it out?” She asked. Logan huffed and scratched his neck.
“Well, since you’re playing Siryn as soon as I close this door I guess I’ll have to…” He grumbled, then to her absolute relief entered to her room. After a moment she could hear window opening and closing, and Logan returned to bathroom.

“Problem taken care of. Can we please go to sleep now?” He asked, sounding rather annoyed. He was already closing the door of his room when she called after him.
“Wait! I… Uh… Could I sleep in your room tonight?” She asked meekly. Logan just stared at her as if she had suddenly grown an extra head on her shoulders.
“I don’t know where that rat has been. I can’t go to bed knowing that it might have been in there…”
“You’re serious?”

She just stared at him. She had just faced something akin a mortal threat to her, and he was asking if she was serious?

“Fine. Take my room. I’ll sleep in yours…” Logan finally caved in. And she faced another dilemma.
“But what if there’s a rat in your room, too?” She asked, reaching for a towel, trying to find a way to get up from the bathtub without flashing her nude body to Logan whose whole attention she had garnered.
“Well, that one just has to wait until morning. I’m too fucking tired of kicking ass right now.”
“Logan!”
“What?”
“I’m not joking! I’m not trying to be difficult! I know this is absofuckinglutely stupid, but I can’t help it! I hate rats!”
“Want to know what I hate? I hate it when people lie to me and think that I won’t notice!”

Tangible silence followed Logan’s sudden outburst. She just stared at him, her mouth gaping open, towel forgotten and sliding slowly in to now cold bathwater, revealing her nudity.

“What?” She asked when she finally was able to speak, and simultaneously tried to grasp the soaked towel to cover herself.
“This isn’t about fucking rats…” Logan said, his gaze darkening. He took a step to her direction. In the small bathroom he could have just turned around and be crowding her, now he was practically threatening her with his massive bulk, towering over her, seemingly only barely restraining his anger.

“This shit has got to stop before we’re really on each other’s throats,” he whispered, then grasped her. She had the time to realize his intentions, then he was already kissing her. Hot, hard lips devouring hers, his tongue seeking entrance, his hands preventing her from squirming.