“Are you absolutely-positively sure that it was a rat you saw?” Logan asked. He was kneeling by Rogue’s bedside. Rogue was currently standing on the bed, her eyes huge from genuine fear.

“I know what I saw, Logan! It was a rat!” She said. Logan shrugged his shoulders and stood up.
“Well, it’s gone now, whatever it was. Can I go and get some sleep now?” He asked. Rogue’s scream had brought him to her from the neighboring room, all senses on full alert, and now that there was no immediate threat the exhaustion really dug in.
“Yeah. Just wait for a sec, I’m coming with you,” she said. She wasn’t going to spend a single night in the room Logan had booked for her. Not when there was every possibility that the rat could return. There weren’t many things she was afraid of, but for some reason she had at some point of her life developed a real phobia towards all kinds of small, hairy critters.

She gathered her belongings and followed Logan who looked slightly miffed. She didn’t let it bother her. If he couldn’t flush out the rat it was only humane to let her crash in his room, right?

“There’s only one bed. We can share it, but start hogging the covers and you end up sleeping on the floor. Understood?” Logan laid out his terms. She nodded, hoping for the dear life of her that this wasn’t one of the nights when her dream about Logan masturbating decided to make a re-run. She wasn’t sure of how she could cope lying next to real one, hot and bothered after the dream version finally let her wake up.
“And I’m not going to wear pajamas just because you’re scared of some non-existent rodents,” Logan added as an afterthought, locked the door and started undressing. She huffed and clunked down her backpack.
“Well, if you’re sleeping naked, so am I,” she said and shrugged off her jeans.
“The hell you are,” Logan grunted and threw her an oversized T-shirt from his bag. She discarded it.
“It’s hot as in oven in here. I’m not going to fry my brain just because you’re scared of my bare skin,” she quipped, quite pleased that she had managed to counter Logan’s argument quite effectively. Logan snorted.
“I’m not worried over your skin, squirt…”
“Then what is it?” She asked, getting rid of her bra and panties and diving under the covers, the last feeble attempt at modesty from her side.
“Nothing. Absolutely nothing. I’m too fucking tired for this shit…” Logan murmured and crawled between the covers, hugging the pillow and trying to get comfortable.

It wasn’t working very well. He kept tossing and turning, beating up his pillow and cussing a blue streak until she sat up, rubbing her face tiredly. When he stood up she sat up, clutching the covers over her nude chest.
“Where are you going?”
“To your room. I’ll sleep over there and keep an eye on that rat of yours…” Logan grunted, reaching for his jeans he had carelessly thrown to the floor earlier. Rogue shrieked. She had the T-shirt Logan had given her earlier and she was pulling it on frantically, all the while trying to crawl as close to him as possible.

The rat was sitting on the floor, front paws raised and beady little eyes fixed to Logan who was staring at it.

“If you’re going to my room, I’m coming with you. I’m not going to stay here with that… That thing!” Rogue said. Logan crouched and picked up the rat, then walked to the window, opened it and tossed the hairy vermin out.

“Change of plan. It’s gone now. You can go back to your room and leave me alone,” he said.
“You’re throwing me out?” She asked. Logan shrugged his shoulders.
“If I have to. Look… It’s been a fucking retarded day, and I really, really need to get some sleep. Would you please leave?”

It took her less than a minute to put on some clothes and scramble back to her room. When Logan started acting all polite and patient he was just this side of homicidal, most likely pondering the best way to gut the person disturbing him.