“I don’t know… They don’t look scary to me…” She ventured, fingering the brim of the hat Logan had bought her from the front gate. They were at the barracks where the bulls were kept before they were carted to the arena. She was staring one of them eye to eye, huge beast whose mere head and horns probably outweighed her with several pounds.
“Actually, it looks a lot like you at morning when you haven’t gotten your first cup of coffee yet,” she giggled. Logan harrumphed, tilting his head.

“I think I know this ugly bastard…” He suddenly muttered, leaning closer to the bull that promptly backed away as far as the narrow enclosure let it. Wide grin spread to Logan’s face.
“Yeah. Rode it last year. And looks like it remembers me as well…” He said, straightening his back.
“We better leave it alone,” Rogue said, tugging his hand. Logan seemed reluctant to follow. He just stared at the animal that looked about ready to escape through the narrow slits between the boards of the enclosure.
“You and me, fucker…” Logan grunted pointing at the bull.
“We have a score to settle. I’ll see you at the arena in few hours.”

Finally she managed to lure Logan out.
“Are you really going to ride a bull?” She asked. Logan nodded.
“As soon as I find the guy who’s running the show tonight.”
“What’s with you and that bull?” She asked.
“That’s between me and that ugly bastard. And I’m going to settle it once and for all. Damn beast won’t know what hit it once I’m through with it…” Logan practically growled.

Now she knew for sure that there was something wrong with her. Thought about Logan, riding a bull, then returning as a winner, just right amount of accumulated muck and dirt on him, still high from the thrill of victory wasn’t making her swoon. Thought of Logan riding a bull and possibly getting trampled made her only worried. She clung to his arm as he started pushing through the crowd, his head swiveling around, looking for the man who ultimately decided who was fit for the arena.

“Logan, couldn’t you do this at some other time? Like… I don’t know, like tomorrow?” She tried.
“No.”
“Come on, you got your guts torn out just this morning. Are you sure that you’re in good enough shape to…”
“Yes.”

It seemed to be an impossible task to turn his head. He had some sort of grudge going on, and Rogue knew full well that Logan dealt with grudges swiftly and efficiently. And this one had been boiling little over a year already. She felt sorry for the bull. And she was very worried over Logan. He was tired, and still not completely healed from the beating he took earlier; he had been rubbing his sides and stomach a lot when he thought that she wasn’t looking. She decided to bring out the big guns.

She dug her heels in to the sand and held on, forcing Logan either to stop or make her trip over. Logan being Logan chose the first option, then tried to pry off her fingers from around his bicep. She let go, but before he could move she wound her arms around his waist and turned her face upwards, widening her eyes just the right amount.

Logan was already looking less determined; his eyes flickering between her face and the announcer’s booth little further down the path.

“Marie… I…” He stuttered. She let her chin quiver, just a tiniest bit.
“Fuck. Fine. I’ll wait until tomorrow. That okay with you?” He huffed. She rose on her toes and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek.
“Very okay. Can we go and get some popcorn and soda?”
“Jesus. Do you have hollow bones or something? There’s no fucking way you’re hungry again!”
“If I was hungry I’d be asking you to get me some more burritos.”
“I don’t think they sell popcorn. Or soda for that matter. I could get us some beer…”
“Nah. Can we just go and see the rodeo now?” She asked, congratulating herself silently. Under normal circumstances Logan wasn’t the easiest person to distract. If all it took was to bat her lashes and ask some munchies to get him forget his vendetta against the bull he clearly wasn’t in shape to ride it yet.