She wasn’t sure if jeans from the tighter side of Sears and sleeveless top revealing her lower abdomen were what Logan had meant. They sure were comfortable for her; the air was too hot even this late at night to wear anything else. Logan was wearing jeans as well, and a black shirt with sleeves rolled up to his elbows, few buttons from the shirt undone. She could feel his eyes on her when they walked side by side to his truck.

“See something you like?” She asked. Logan harrumphed.
“Just be careful when we get there,” he said.
“I can control it. I have been controlling it for the better part of the year already, in case you haven’t noticed,” she said. Logan nodded.
“You’re getting better with it every day. But all it takes is some prankster scaring you and there you are, practically naked in the drunken crowd, your ‘gift’ on full power.”
“But you’re there to make sure that no prankster can get their hands on me, my very own knight in shining… With a shiny belt buckle!” She said giggling, poking the gleaming buckle lightly with her index finger.
“Seriously, do you polish that thing every night or does it stay that way on itself?” She asked. Logan pinched his eyes shut and rubbed the bridge of his nose tiredly.
“Why do I get the feeling that I’ll be regretting this night eventually…” He huffed, yanking open the door of the truck. She scooted in first, earning a slap on the ass in the process.
“Ow! What was that for?” She asked when Logan sat behind the wheel and slammed the door shut.
“You get one for each smart-ass remark you make from now on.”

She wasn’t sure of what to make of the look he threw at her. Partly amused, partly serious, and there was something she hadn’t seen on him never before. A hint of pure appreciation and… Lust? She shook her head. Now it was official. The sun had obviously gotten the better of her. Logan lusting after her? Sure. As soon as she grew a rack fit for a playboy model, got few more years and some experience under her belt, then maybe.

Of course there had been a time when she would have done anything to gain his attention. She actually once pondered what would happen if she traipsed in to his room buck naked. But there were certain perks when you got on to Logan’s good side and ended up being his friend. Few women he had had in his life during the time Rogue had known him had been nothing more than good fucks. After long and grueling day it wasn’t their company Logan sought. He either went out, or Rogue got to spend an evening with him watching hockey and slugging back Molson’s’.

“You’re going to have to buy me a hat, then,” she said.
“A hat?” Logan asked.
“A cowgirl needs a hat. And you’re going to buy one for yourself as well,” she said. Logan shook his head.
“I’ll get you the damn hat. But can’t wear one myself,” he started, combing fingers through his unruly hairdo.
“Used to wear one back when I still lived in here. Had long hair and it wasn’t sticking up like this.”
“Long hair? How long? You had a ponytail or something?” She asked. Logan threw a glance at her, one she knew very well.
“No need to slap my ass, I’m serious!” She quickly squeaked.
“Yeah. I had a ponytail. And there was this chick who liked to braid it occasionally.”
“Braid?... Uh…”
“Well, I wasn’t getting any if I didn’t let her braid my hair first. I’d say that it was a small price to pay,” Logan smirked. She closed her eyes and waved her hand.
“More information than I bargained for, bub…”
“Well, you asked. You hungry?” Logan asked. She scrunched her forehead. Earlier the day when she had been sitting in the Blackbird she had been hungry. She had been about to ask from Scott if they could go and grab a bite after landing, but things had gone sour at the airport, resulting Scott taking off and leaving her alone with Logan, promising to catch them up as soon as he found a suitable place to stash the jet. From there it had only gone worse and she really hadn’t had the time to think about eating while staving off wave of attackers who thought that it was only suitable to slaughter each and every mutant at sight. Luckily they had gotten their target, young boy who was able to control the growth of certain flowers with his mind out of harm’s way.
Now that she thought about it…

“Yeah. I could eat…” She ventured, trying to assure her stomach that was still cramped from the earlier excitement.
“Good. They make some mean burritos in here,” Logan said, steering the truck to a parking lot of a small diner.