Trying to ignore the persistent pounding on his bedroom door Logan pulled a pillow over his head and groaned. Late night missions were killing him, especially when they followed all nighters in town, and the complete lack of understanding from whomever was pounding on his door.

With an angry snarl, Logan rolled out of bed and stalked to the door where he jerked it open to see Rogue dressed in blue jeans that looked painted on, high black boots, and a long sleeved red plaid shirt much like the one he wore.

“Morning,” he mumbled leaning against the door jamb his anger fading now that he knew who was at his door. “You okay?”

“Yeah, sorta,” Rogue replied softly staring at him for a second before tensing as the pair she affectionately called her ‘crew’ jerked to a halt behind her.

“Wow Rogue, no wonder you don’t wanna play with the boys,” Jubilee whistled and smirked staring at an impressive looking naked Wolverine. “Have fun you two, just keep it down for the rest of us. Might get jealous.

“Uh maybe we shouldn’t be making jokes,” Kitty whispered looking at Logan as she ducked behind Rogue and Jubilee, shocked amazement clearly written on her face.

Flushing slightly Rogue struggled to keep her gaze above Logan’s neck even as she caught the wink Jubes shot her before almost skipping down the hallway. Hiding a moan of embarrassment she smirked at Logan who looked tired. “Need a favor.”

“Whatcha need?” Logan sighed and raked a hand tiredly over his face as he stepped back letting her into the room and hunted for his jeans. He needed a smoke, no question about it even as he felt his mutation begin to kick in and rid him of the utter exhaustion that weighed on him.

“A tattoo,” Rogue replied softly, sinking onto the edge of the bed next to him. “Everyone says I’m too scared to get one, that with my skin nobody would want to do it. I figure they don’t know me that well.”


“You prepared for a tattoo baby?” Logan asked softly. “They hurt like hell and you’ll have to take care of it for a few weeks till it heals.”

“Yes. I thought about it Logan, thought about it a lot actually. The gang wants to go get the X in a circle on their shoulders but I want one that’s different.”

“You got one picked out yet?” Logan grabbed at his lighter even as Rogue nodded and reached into her pocket.

“Uh yeah,” Rogue pulled out a scrap of paper from her jeans pocket and held it out for him, “You like it?”

“Why on earth would you want that on you darlin’?” Logan asked staring down at the picture. “Tattoos are permanent.”

“Figured it fits.”

Logan shook his head and sighed, “Come on I’ll take you. Ain’t a shop within the state that’ll do it properly. I know someone who does a helluva lot better work than most of those fuckers out there.”

“Oh?”

“Yeah, Corrine should be able to do this properly,” Logan stared at the picture for another minute before handing it back to her, “But she ain’t cheap.”

“I got money,” Rogue replied pulling a wad of cash out of her pocket. “There’s over three hundred there.”

Logan nodded even as his mind wandered, Corrine rarely tattooed anyone anymore, maybe she’d be willing to do it for him though. Glancing at Rogue he sighed, he’d met Corrine a week after he’d left the mansion after Liberty Island. She was young, with long, flowing dark hair and wide set dark eyes - and there he’d discovered the similarity ended. She’d been experienced in life’s harshness far longer than Rogue ever had to endure, matter of fact she’d witnessed it first hand. She often displayed her total lack of appreciation for humanity, for men with the violence of a woman feeling the effects of her life.

When he’d picked her up she’d been laying on the side of the road her face bruised and split, her clothes ripped and shredded. Seeing her the only thing he could think of was that it could have been Rogue, could have been his Marie and it had cut bone deep with more pain than the scalpels of the military scientists. Without thought he’d promptly taken her to the nearest hospital, paid for the treatment then driven her to Rocky Mountain House.


She’d thanked him profusely, offering to blow him in repayment since she’d been too sore to do anything else. He’d told her promptly he wasn’t into collections and left her at a local motel with enough money to stay there a week. Since then every time he passed that way he stopped off to see her. She was always willing to do anything for him - which usually meant putting him up on her sofa bed and listening to his drunken rants about a dark haired angel that got his fire going quicker than anyone ever had.

Of course he kept that to himself, his reputation would take a beating if the mansion residents knew that he was celibate. Had in fact remained celibate for four years, eleven months, three weeks, and four days they would kill themselves laughing. Because that’s how long it had been since he’d made eye contact with a dark haired, dark eyed girl who fired his blood in a way that nobody ever could.

“So you don’t mind?” Rogue asked as he tucked her into his leather jacket and reached for the helmet sitting on his dresser.

“Mind? Naw it’s up to you what you do with your body baby, besides a nice tattoo is kinda sexy. Says you don’t take no shit from nobody.”

With a soft chuckle Rogue followed him down to the garage and climbed on the back of the bike. Wrapping her arms around his waist as he fired the engine up she sighed softly, he had no idea why she’d picked the tattoo she had - but he’d figure it out.


Glancing up from her computer Corrine smiled softly. The familiar purr of a well tuned Harley Davidson echoed within the confines of her apartment and she rose to pad barefooted to the fridge. After making sure that there were at least a couple of beer in there she moved to the window just as the engine’s roar died.

Catching the familiar figure getting off the bike she wondered briefly if the girl with him was another hitchhiker. The last two times he’d shown up on her doorstep he’d had two young girls in tow.

“What the fuck am I gonna do with you,” she muttered affectionately but waited for the familiar knock. The sound of metal hitting wood had her moving to the door and pulling it open, “Hey darlin’ just cruising by?”

“Need a favor,” Logan grunted dragging Rogue in with him even as the young woman standing holding the door rolled her eyes.

“Yeah? Seems to me I’m the one getting further in debt here.”

“Yeah,” Logan pointed at her, “Corrine meet Rogue. Rogue this is Corrine.”

“Pleased to meet you,” Rogue smiled tightly as Logan moved past them to the fridge.

“You finally brought her to meet me,” Corrine laughed softly. “Logan’s spoken of you often. Although I do have to say he has certainly done you justice. Come in, beer, coffee?”

“Really?” Rogue frowned as Logan made himself at home digging in the cupboards, “He hasn’t been as forthcoming about you though.”

“Here,” Logan handed Rogue a tall bottle of coke.

“That’s just the way it is sometimes,” Corrine shrugged easily, acceptance in her eyes. She didn’t expect Logan to talk about her, his world revolved around deadly skin and streaks - not dark waves and telekinetic telepaths.

“Rogue wants a tattoo,” Logan drawled waving a hand at the equipment sitting on the table in a corner. “Pretty cool one at that.”

“Lets see it,” Corrine took the drawing from the young woman and stared at it an easy, understanding smile crossing her face. Raising an eyebrow at the sketch she looked at Rogue, “This is pretty detailed. It’s gonna take a couple hours.”

“No worries. We got time,” Logan drawled even as he rose pulling some money from his pocket, “I’ll spring for food.”

“You can do all that? It means a lot to me,” Rogue explained pointing at it with a gloved finger.

“Oh yeah, simple. Where do you want it?”

“On my back,” Rogue replied shifting on her feet, “Uh you’ll have to wear specially long gloves..”

“Hey, don’t worry. Your skin ain’t an issue here,” Corrine replied seriously her dark eyes meeting Rogue’s. “I’ll be gloved and be wearing my long sleeved smock. Did you want to add in colors or some texture? Feminine it all?”

“I only brought three hundred with me,” Rogue whispered softly her gaze darting to Logan. “So I guess not.”

“Money isn’t an issue,” Corrine replied seriously. “I charge way to much for my work when I do it so I can afford to do a deal here or there. Color? Texture?”

“Both please,” Rogue replied softly. “I want it to look like it’s alive.”

“No worries, you gonna watch hot shot?” Corrine glanced at Logan with a careless, almost indifferent look.

Logan shook his head, “How long you figure it’ll take?”

“Hours. I have to free hand it onto her skin then I have to tattoo. Might be done by ten, eleven?”


Logan nodded, “I’m gonna go get a beer. Don’t forget who you’re working on and you won’t have problems.”

Corrine nodded slowly as Logan stalked out the door, “Well looks like you’re gonna have to lose the shirt kid, can’t do this through the fabric.”

Five minutes later dressed in a skimpy lace bra, her jeans and boots, Rogue lay face down on a thick leather chair. Twisting her blouse in her fingers she felt the marker tracing over the picture and hoped her tolerance of pain was high.

“So you’re a big fan then?” Corrine asked gently tracing the crouched animal with ease.

“I’m a big fan of his,” Rogue replied softly, honestly. She didn’t want to talk about it, she didn’t want to know Logan was sleeping with this woman - all she wanted was her tattoo.

Chuckling Corrine shrugged, “He sure likes you. He’s brought runaways here before, dropped ‘em off and never looked back. He never stays for any longer than it takes to say ‘Hey Corrine, here’s another one. Take care of her’ before he’s off again.”

“Where’d you meet him?”

“He found me on the side of the road in Ontario after I’d been brutally attacked by the two mother-fuckers who gave me a lift. One of the dangerous of hitchhiking. Paid for my medical costs and brought me to a hotel here before disappearing,” Corrine explained softly, emotionlessly. “He’s never asked for payment either; something that makes me think he’s nuts.”

“By sleeping with him you’ve paid any debt off there was real or imagined,” Rogue whispered painfully.

“I’ve never slept with him,” Corrine replied seriously. “I’ve known him for nearly five years and not once has he ever shown any interest in taking me up on an offer for sex.”

“Probably cause he’s still lusting after Dr. Perfect,” Rogue spat the words out angrily, “And we’re shit outta luck cause we ain’t red-heads.”

Pausing Corrine glanced at the back of Rogue’s head then the door, “No. He hasn’t any interest in anyone but you. And yes I can say that in all honesty, I’ve lost count of the drunken sessions about you and how perfect you. How much he wants to be with you but can never be because you’re good and clean and he’s a dirty old bastard with nothing but nightmares and a taste for a good beer. Regardless of how he acts, he worships you Rogue.”

Biting her lip Rogue glanced over her shoulder at Corrine, “I know what everyone says about me. I’ve heard it all before and I’m not really interested in hearing another round of bull shit..”


Corrine nodded understandingly, “I’m not about to shit you. I owe Logan my life, I would do anything for him up to and including using my body to satisfy him and all he wants, or needs in this world is you. I’ve seen it, I’ve heard it. No Rogue I won’t shit you. Now what did you want me to do with the colors, texture of this thing?”

With a sigh, Rogue shrugged, “I just want it to scream I belong to Logan. Want him to see what he’s got.”

Corrine smiled and set aside the drawing before going back to her work. Twenty minutes later she patted Rogue’s hip and nodded as the full length mirror on the wall. “Go have a look.”

Staring in the mirror Rogue smiled it was perfect. It screamed possession, screamed desire, passion, and forever. It was real, the figures looked like they were breathing, like they both had a heart that beat. “It’s perfect. What’s the dragon?”

“It has many symbols depending upon the nationality. In this instance, “Corrine smiled. “It’s a symbol of heaven and peace - perfect for you.”

“What color’s are you gonna do?”

“Color’s of life, of love, your colors,” Corrine replied with a soft, knowing smile. “With the added drawing it’s gonna take right up till eleven to get it done.”

“So you can do it all at once?”

“Sure. Some of it, the more intricate stuff I’ll stitch in.”

“Stitch?”

“Sure, I use this special thread I’ve got and use it to add depth and texture. Here have a look at what it’ll look like,” Corrine said pulling her shirt up to reveal a horse’s head with flowing mane on her side. The depth of the tattoo was increased by the slightly raised stitching in gold and silver.

“What’s the thread made of?”

“Silk dipped in gold, silver, I’ve got some that was dipped in precious stone shavings. It’s gonna be beautiful.”

“Fly at it Corrine,” Rogue grinned at her. “I want to see how it’s gonna look at the end.”




Sitting on the hard stool in front of the bar, Logan stared into his beer and took another puff off his cigar. He had no doubt that Rogue would do great with Corrine, she was just naturally a warm, loving person and Corrine would guard her with her life. Through the years, Logan had often wondered why he couldn’t have felt more for Corrine than just brotherly affection - even if he knew the answer already.

“Hey buddy, you look a little down around the edges,” the bartender said setting a drink of whiskey on the bar next to the gruff man who’d been sitting there for the better part of three hours.

“Just thinking,” Logan shot back glancing at the whiskey. “I didn’t order that.”

“From the lady,” the bartender replied nodding at a beautiful blonde sitting there with a painted smile on her face.

“Tell her thanks, but I’m not interested,” Logan said without reaching for the drink. “Another beer.”

“She’s pretty determined. Been watching you for a while now,” the bartender replied softly looking at the man. “You uh ain’t into women or something?”

Logan growled and shot the guy a dark look, “Got one I ain’t about to step out on. A real lady, bub. Don’t need no painted doll.”

With a knowing smirk the bartender nodded and moved the drink before moving down to speak to the blonde who shot Logan a dark look before rising to her feet and walking toward him.

*Great - now I’ve got some drunken twit to deal with,* he thought angrily.

“So you don’t need a painted doll huh?” the woman’s sultry tone grated on Logan’s nerve. “Then whatcha sitting here for?”

“None of your business,” Logan shot back taking a long swallow of his beer, “Chalk it up to a no sale blondie and move on.”

“Nobody treats me that way,” the blonde hissed low. “You won’t get ten feet from that door..”

“Look, you really want to start a fight over a returned drink?” Logan shot back cutting her off with a low furious snarl, one that had everyone including Charles backing off. A slight twist of his lips had him shaking his head as he realized that it didn’t work on Marie, she’d never shown fear - not once in all the years they’d known each other.

“Who is she?” the blonde asked sinking on to the stool next to him. “What kinda woman has you wrapped so tightly around her pinky.”

“A real one,” Logan replied softly, seriously. “One who understands me.”

The blonde shook her head and smiled softly, “A very lucky woman I’d say. I’d still like to buy you a drink, no strings attached.”

Logan shrugged, “I’m not really a fit kinda guy to drink with.”

“I see you here periodically, your girl she live here?”

“No. We’re in town visiting,” Logan replied softly and finished his beer before rising to his feet. “Go home lady, go home to your old man.”

Glancing down at her hands the blonde smiled sadly, “Yeah figures you’d be the only one to pick up on it.”

“It’s a gift,” Logan drawled as he turned and walked away. Climbing onto his bike he pretended not to notice the two men who followed him outside, instead he cranked the engine over and pulled out of the parking lot.

Twenty minutes later he was sitting on the bike watching them scurry through the empty crates and remnants of a busy warehouse toward him. With a tired sigh he knew that his luck had run out and tonight he’d get into trouble. He just hoped Rogue would understand when he showed back up at Corrine’s with blood on his clothes.

The two drunks were easy to get the upper hand with, and absolutely terrified when they realized that they were dealing with a mutant and not an ordinary guy.


Cursing the slight drizzle that had begun to fall Logan parked the bike and grabbed the bag he’d picked up on the way back to Corrine’s. Moving quickly through the rain he took the stairs clumsily before tapping on a familiar door.

“Come in Logan!” Corrine’s voice held gentle amusement.

“How’s it going?” Logan asked setting his purchases down.

“Good,” Rogue murmured softly, her voice slightly tinged with pain.

“Nearly done. We’re just putting the finishing touches on,” Corrine stated dipping her gun into the ink before turning back to shade in a spot over Rogue’s left hip. It had taken less than an hour to get all the stitchery done, and the scales on the dragon were highlighted with the raised silk. All that was left was the final corner of the tag and they’d be done.

“Rogue, baby you hungry?” Logan asked softly pulling out one of the bottles and taking a long drink.

“I could eat,” Marie replied softly, tingling a little at the endearment.


“I’ll order Chinese,” Logan stated catching Corrine’s look of dismay but not caring. Chinese food was the one thing Marie had missed on the road and he made every attempt to give it to her whenever they ate out.

Corrine glanced at Logan and frowned, from the way he was handling that bottle she would have to wager a guess that she wouldn’t be getting much sleep tonight. With a soft, almost unheard sigh she mental kissed her bed goodbye and looked longingly at the tattoo chair. She’d be sleeping there cause Logan always took the couch.

Working slowly, methodically Corrine kept glancing at Logan even as dinner was delivered, paid for and set out. Picking up a small container she pulled out a small, tear shaped ruby and sewed it into the dragon’s eye.

“You okay Marie,” Logan asked noting Rogue shifting in the chair.

“Mmhmm,” Rogue replied softly, easily. Truth was the tattoo gun had hurt worse than the threading had, not that she’d noticed lately. For some reason the last while hadn’t hurt at all.

Ten minutes later Corrine tossed the soft rag on the table and leaned back after spritzing some antibiotic spray over Rogue’s back. “Go have a look.”

Rising Rogue hurried to the mirror and stared. The entirely lower half of her back was taken up in the elaborate decorative aspects of the scene painted there. The shimmering of the threads caught and reflected the light in multi-colored hues, and the picture looked ready to rise up off her flesh.

“It’s beautiful,” Rogue gasped. “It says exactly what it should. I love it.”

“Glad you like it,” Corrine drawled rolling her shoulders to relieve the pressure. “Logan? What do you think?”

Glancing at the two women, Logan sighed before casting his gaze over Rogue’s back. Stopping in shock he rose and padded over to her, the effects of the booze slipping away rapidly. Splaying a hand over her back he stared for a few seconds before glancing up sharply and staring into Rogue’s eyes.

“It’s great,” he croaked softly seeing the recognition and the ease within her eyes. Looking back at the artwork emblazoned on her back he swallowed, it screamed of possession, of something he wasn’t too sure she understood the consequences of it.

“It’s rather late Rogue, you headin’ home now?” Corrine asked softly seeing the rapidly disappearing drunken look in Logan’s eyes.

“Yeah,” Logan whispered softly. “If we’re not back they’ll send out the team.”

“Okay, as long as you two drive safe.”


“Oh here,” Rogue pulled out the roll of bills she had and held it out to Corrine, “The artwork rocks.”

Corrine smiled softly, “No charge this time. I owed you one,” she stated calmly.

“Uh huh,” Logan shook his head. “It don’t work that way.”

“It does this time,” Corrine replied looking at him steadily. “Besides, once you realize the full meaning - you’re probably gonna wanna kill me.”

“Thank you,” Rogue smiled warmly at her and finished dressing. “If I decide to get some more work done will you do it?”

“I will be delighted,” Corrine turned and pulled a card aside, “Just call me and set up an appointment.”

“What do I tell anyone if they ask about the tattoo?” Rogue asked softly, unsure about how to tell ‘em she’d gotten it for free.

“Tell ‘em the truth. That baby would cost fifteen hundred bucks usually but I gave you a deal,” Corrine shrugged, “How much is nobody’s business but ours.”

Rogue nodded and let Logan usher out of the apartment. Walking down the steps Rogue sighed softly and waited for Logan to start up the bike.

“Thank you,” the words were firm, loving as she stared at him before mounting up.

“You deserve it,” Logan replied seriously. “Come on. We don’t show up at breakfast Jeannie’ll have both our heads on a platter.”

“She likes that you worship her,” Rogue declared easily realizing that he could hear her as he slid the other helmet on.

“She thinks I worship her,” Logan shot back. “Only one woman I worship, and it ain’t Jeannie.”

“Corrine? She said..”

“Why’d you get the tattoo?” Logan interrupted as he rolled to a stop at a red light. “What was it about that combination that made you decide it was perfect for you?”

“It screams ‘Property of Wolverine’,” Rogue replied softly, carefully. “I figured I owed myself that much honesty.”

Logan nodded and sighed, “As long as you can handle owning me there won’t be a problem.”

Rogue smiled softly, a touch sadly. “If only I could.”

“You do,” Logan replied revving the engine and heading home.



The patter of rain on the windows woke Rogue from a deep sleep. Rolling over she winced slightly at the tenderness within her back even as a smile crossed her face. Sooner rather than later she’d be healed and then she’d show ‘em all. Rising she glanced at her roommates and sighed, both slept soundly, unaware that she’d even managed to get home.

It had been closer to three in the morning than midnight when they’d come home and Logan had all but carried her upstairs to her room. The soft kiss to her temple had tingled even as she snuggled deeper into the warmth that had surrounded her.

Now though she wondered how he was doing, it was obvious he’d been exhausted when she’d woken him the morning before, and then to have to drive up there and back. Well anyone would expect he’d still be sleeping. Slipping from the room she closed and locked the bathroom door before turning on the shower and stepping under the spray.


Pulling a pillow over his head, Logan groaned even as he slid deeper into the covers and his sleep. It didn’t help that he could hear the students starting to rise to greet the day or the faint but distinctly irritating sound of the alarm going off in Scott and Jean’s room.

Squeezing his eyes shut he held the pillow tighter against his head and prayed for the early morning wake-up to go away. He had no intention of getting out of bed until tomorrow and that meant ignoring the sounds of life around him.

As the sounds eased, Logan relaxed enough to slide into a restful sleep.



“Wonder where Logan is,” Jean muttered as she sat next to Scott and ‘Ro that evening.

“As tired as he was the other day he’s probably still sleeping. I can’t imagine his healing factor would take care of three days worth of being awake, fighting, and whatever he does when he pulls an all nighter,” Scott muttered a slight frown on his face as he glanced at the empty chair.

“Well he must be here, Rogue’s at her usual table,” ‘Ro stated calmly pointing to the young woman who sat dressed in skin tight blue jeans, boots, and a loose silk blouse.

Jean smiled softly, “Wonder when he’s gonna realize what he’s got.”

“God help us the day he does,” Scott chuckled, “He’s possessive as hell now. They ever get together we’re gonna have to restrain him every time some new punk takes an interest in her.”


Chuckling the team murmured their agreement even as the door opened and Logan stepped into the room. Dressed in jeans and a t-shirt he looked rested, at ease even as he headed for his usual seat. Pausing next to Rogue he leaned down to whisper something to her and the X-men watched Rogue nod and blush prettily.

Obviously satisfied that his query had been answered Logan headed for the main table and dinner.

“Evening Logan. You look rested,” Storm declared.

“Slept all day,” Logan grunted easily as he shrugged and settled at the table. A grateful look crossed his face as he took the coffee from the young girl who was helping out the kitchen staff tonight. “Needed it.”

“Told you one of these days those all nighters would catch up with you,” Scott stated calmly.

Logan merely shrugged and took a long sip of his hot coffee welcoming the searing burn as it went down. “Yeah but that’s okay. If I didn’t do ‘em someone would get hurt.”

“You missed all the fun yesterday Logan,” Jean chuckled easily. “The entire junior team went and got a similar tattoo. All variations of our ‘X’ on various parts of their bodies. I swear I don’t know what got into them.”

“Wanted something concrete to mark ‘em,” Logan grunted easily. “At least they’ll be easily identifiable now.”

“Pessimist,” Jean shot back as dinner was set before them. “Rogue didn’t go with them though, guess she wasn’t interested.”

“Nope,” Logan replied with a slight grin. “She’s not really a follower, if you know what I mean.”

“Yeah Logan, we know what you mean,” Scott muttered looking at the brusque man who was currently eating his dinner like there was no tomorrow.

The sense of something secretive, something that Logan knew tickled at Jean’s mind and she frowned slightly before turning her attention to the basics of school and the classes that were coming up within the next few days.

Glancing at Logan she sighed softly, the hazel eyes were focused intently on Rogue who sat with her gaze locked on Logan even as she listened to Jubilee’s incessant chatter. Obviously something had changed, it was just a matter of discovering what.




Sighing at the warmth of the sun through glass Rogue glanced back at the sleeping figure on her bed and smiled. It had been three weeks since they’d gotten back and for some reason Logan had started haunting her room, driving her roommates up the wall in the process. Of course she figured it had to do with the dreams. They weren’t nightmares, that much she was sure of, because Logan muttered in them and shifted around but he didn’t fight to wake up. There was no barely controlled violence in his movements, just a soft searching for something.

More often than not that something ended up being her not that she minded. Nope, being held tightly in his arms as the night gave way to the dawn was good enough to ease her mind and soul. Rolling her shoulders she shrugged and opened her drawers. Pulling out fresh underwear, socks, a pair of jeans and a top she stacked them on the end of the bed even as she patted Logan on the hip, “Gonna go shower,” she muttered softly knowing full well he would hear her even in his sleep.

The tired grunt drew a smile as she hurried into the shower. Shedding her nightgown she dropped it into the laundry hamper and stepped under the hot, stinging spray. Catching the reflection of the stones set into her tattoo she giggled softly only to glance at the shadow that walked into her bathroom.

“Morning darlin’,” Logan smothered a yawn as he plopped down on the toilet. “How’s it going?”

“Great. How about you?”

“Had another dream last night,” Logan muttered and stared at her through the glass. “It made for a long night.”

“What was it about?”

“Your tattoo coming to life,” Logan replied as she tilted her head softly. “I could see them, feel the passion, the possession in every move they made.”

“Was it a bad way?”

“No,” Logan replied rising to his feet to stare at her for a few minutes, “I’m just not sure you really understand what it means.”

“What means?”

“Possession,” Logan stared at her for a moment. “Once I let you in, there ain’t no way back out Marie, not for either of us.”

Rogue grinned at him, “I knew that. Just like I knew that I was in already. You can deny it all you want but the fact remains that I own you with the same love you own me.”

Logan nodded and smiled, trailing a finger through her wet hair lovingly. “Come on, it’s getting hot already and the pools filling up with kids. Better get dressed so we can go down.”


“Sure, uh hey did you wanna grab me a bathing suit?”

“I’ll leave it on the end of the bed. Better go get dressed myself.”

“Sure see you down there,” Rogue replied quickly. Watching him head for the door she bit her lip, “Logan?”

“Yeah kid?”

“It’s worth it to me. Everything. I’d rather have a moment in time with you, than spend an eternity without.”

Logan nodded at her words, “Right back atcha,” he winked and slipped out into the room.

Ten minutes later dressed in a sheer body stocking with her bikini over top, Rogue wrapped her silk robe around her body and tied it before heading downstairs to the pool. Catching sight of Logan sitting at the deep end she headed toward him.

“Morning Rogue,” Kitty hollered at the young woman who smiled and waved back. It had become a normal occurrence to find Logan in Rogue’s bed or Rogue gone completely in the morning and she wondered what it was about but didn’t ask.

“So you planning on swimming or just sitting there?” Rogue giggled at Logan’s affronted look.

“Metal and water don’t mix baby. I’m not exactly made to float.”

Rogue giggled softly, “Teasing you baby. I wonder if everyone’s gonna run screaming if I dive in.”

“Could be,” Logan grinned at her, “You show off that tatty you’re so proud of?”

“Nope. It’s only just healed. I called Corrine and said I was loving it and she said if I want another she’d come down to do it.”

“Lets just wait until the shock and horror dies down for this one,” Logan suggested with a grin. “Never know when someone’s gonna have a heart attack cause of it.”

With a patient shake of her head, Rogue turned her attention back to the pool. “How is it that we missed breakfast?”

“Slept in,” Logan grunted as the pool continued to fill up with young people.

“I’m gonna go swimming,” Rogue declared easily. “Get ready for the freak show to clear out.”

Laughing softly Logan shook his head, “Their loss. I’ll watch okay?”

Rogue nodded and rose to reach for her robe.

“Hey Chica you coming swimming with us?” Jubilee called from the water.

“Was planning on it,” Rogue called back. “Why you got a class or something?”

“No, just wondered if you two had enough of each other last night.”

“No such thing as enough,” Rogue snickered and dropped the robe before walking to the edge of the pool. Wallowing in the perverse pleasure as boys and girls scattered she slid a grin at Logan before rolling her shoulders and heading for the diving board. Climbing up she recognized Jubilee’s figure as she walked up to the ladder but didn’t pay it any mind.

The ear splitting shriek had Rogue flinching and Logan covering his ears with a furious snarl. Grabbing the diving board Rogue squatted down as she glared at Jubilee, “What the fuck are you doing?”

“Oh my god your back!”

“Is fine,” Rogue shrugged and hid a grin. “You gonna scream again or can I dive?”

“But..but..” Jubilee stuttered pointing at her with eyes widened with shock.

Shaking her head Rogue stood up and with easy grace did a perfect dive into the pool. Coming up out of the water she wasn’t entirely shocked to see Jubilee’s face directly in the line of her movements, “Something wrong Jubes?”

“Your back! What did you do?”

“I believe it’s called a tattoo,” Rogue replied seriously as she waved Jubilee out of the way and pulled herself out of the water, fully aware of the growing crowd behind her. Catching the sight of someone hurrying toward her she hid a groan as Logan eyed her with pity.

*Should’ve worn a one piece darlin’* Logan mouthed easily but winked at her none the less.

“What is going on out here?” Scott demanded anxiously. “Who’s hurt?”

“Rogue she..she..she..” Jubilee pointed at Rogue who rolled her eyes and got to her feet.

“She what?” Jean paused hoping Jubilee would calm down.

“Her back!”

With a shake of her head, Jean turned to Rogue who stood dripping steadily on the side of the pool, “Did you fall on your back Rogue?”

“Naw, she got a tattoo,” Logan drawled easily amid the shocked gasps from the other students.

“But..but...but,” Kitty stuttered. “It’s so pornographic!”

Turning Rogue stared at the young woman in amazement, “It is not.”

“It is so! Look at it!” Kitty screeched and waved a hand at Rogue who stood still while Jean moved behind her.

The brightly colored lines on Rogue’s back were slightly shadowed by the body stocking she wore but Jean could still quite easily make out the scene. A silvery green dragon danced across her lower back, wrapped around a crouching wolverine whose jaws were open at the throat of the dragon. Shimmery wings of white curved away from the dragon like arms thrown wide and the half closed eyes of both creatures shimmered and glowed in the sun light. With each breath Rogue took the two creatures moved together, entwined in a moment of passion. The lithe, trim body of the dragon seemed to flow under the grasp of the wolverine, arching into the caress so easily.

The carnal expression on the wolverine spoke of desire and possession, even as it softened the harshness of the animal’s features. Raised marks added depth and character allowing for a new range of movement as Rogue stood there moving her arms around slightly.

“Are you done yet?” Rogue asked softly, glancing at Jean over her shoulder.

“Not yet,” Jean stammered staring at the edge of a trailing chain that curved over both animals and pooled in a tangle of silver and green with a full military style tag tangled within its strands. The tag was familiar, the edges ravaged by something that disappeared into the bottom of Rogue’s bathing suit, “What’s this?” she asked touching the top of Rogue’s bikini bottom.

“Claws,” Rogue replied easing them down a little to reveal a full set of three metallic claws that were achingly familiar. They seemed to wrap around Rogue’s body, holding her in place and tangling within the chain.

“Where on earth did you get it?” Jean demanded suddenly rising to her feet.

“Logan took me,” Rogue replied softly glancing at Logan who hadn’t moved from where he sat. “You like it?”

“It’s alive,” Jean muttered pulling Scott around to stare at it. “Every time you shift it moves like it’s alive, like it’s separate from you.”

“It’s suppose to,” Logan declared easily. “Damn good job to.”

“Who do you know that does work like this?” Jean turned to stare at Logan. “How much did you have to pay Rogue? This work is outstanding although there are several little bumps..”


“Gemstones,” Logan replied. “They’re stitched on to look like that.”

“Whoa girl, remind me to go see Logan next time I wanna tattoo,” Jubilee whistled.

Rogue giggled, “You can’t really afford the cost Jubilee. As is I had to get Logan to twist a few arms to get the deal I got.”

“What did you pay for it?” Scott asked curiously, perhaps the artist could do airbrush paintwork on his bike if paid high enough.

“Fifteen hundred,” Rogue replied seriously, “is the usual price.”

“Wow! Worth it.” Scott stared in amazement. “Does he do paint jobs?”

“She,” Logan drawled smugly, “Don’t know. Have to ask.”

“Figures it would be a woman,” Bobby snickered and looked at Logan.

“She’s mine,” Logan growled softly nodding at Rogue, “Not the artist.”

“Ohmygod,” Storm gasped appearing suddenly beside Jean, “I love that design. Who did it?”

“Friend of Logan’s,” Scott muttered staring at it closely. “There are knots here.”

“Yeah it gives it a bit of texture and depth. I’m getting another one done in about a month,” Rogue declared easily.

“Where? What are you getting? Can I get one to?” Jubilee was all but clapping her hands as she stared at her friend.

“My arms,” Rogue declared easily. “And I’m not sure. Something to go with the dragon I imagine.”

“What’s the number of the artist?” Scott asked softly all but pushing her toward the mansion. “You should call her so I can find out if she’ll do some painting for us.”

Glancing over her shoulder Rogue met Logan’s eyes a pleading look on her face. Catching the grin he tossed her way, she hid a smile and shrugged making the dragon arch into the wolverine suddenly. Catching the strangled moan from Logan she giggled and followed Scott inside, only half paying attention to his senseless chatter. It looked like this little favor of hers had paid off big time.

Maybe though she’d see if Corrine could do something on Logan, something that would stay put despite his healing ability. Maybe a wolf howling at the moon or maybe something from Canada? It would be right up there on her ‘to do’ list.